Notices

Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 07:25 AM
Gman2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks promosing.

On the other hand there must be some new online tuning course because it sure seems like a lot of people are pretty confident about tuning their own cars.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:36 AM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any cel lights? does all of the factory car features still work correctly? ei- cruise control, vdc, and so on...
Old 10-19-2007, 08:06 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Quadcam: No user manual available online right now.

Used: Stock knock sensor is fine

Gman: Well, it gives the customer the ability to tune their own car though I would suggest most people take it to a reputable tuner that knows what they are doing. The FCON has a select few tuners that can access the ecu, whereas the Haltech can be tuned by any good tuner. So for many people this means instead of trailering hours away, they can have a local shop tune their car. Also, if there is a problem say with idle, I know many people complain because they have to trailer their car back to an FCON tuner to fix it With the Haltech they could be walked through the changes on the phone.

Overzealous: CEL will depend on the tune. Often time with turbo setups we are targeting AFs in boost that the stock ecu does not favor. All factory features/functions still work! Such as cruise, vdc, etc.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
The FCON has a select few tuners that can access the ecu, whereas the Haltech can be tuned by any good tuner. So for many people this means instead of trailering hours away, they can have a local shop tune their car.
That is a good point and I agree,

Also, if there is a problem say with idle, I know many people complain because they have to trailer their car back to an FCON tuner to fix it With the Haltech they could be walked through the changes on the phone.
As far as fixing the idle, why would anyone need the idle tweaked after if it was properly tuned right off the bat. I have the FCON and I too needed my idle fixed, but that was because of the crappy job my previous tuner did. Once it was fixed by a competent tuner, I have not had to fix or tweak anything in the tune....It's been over a year since it was fixed.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Gman2004
As far as fixing the idle, why would anyone need the idle tweaked after if it was properly tuned right off the bat. I have the FCON and I too needed my idle fixed, but that was because of the crappy job my previous tuner did. Once it was fixed by a competent tuner, I have not had to fix or tweak anything in the tune....It's been over a year since it was fixed.
You just answered your own question by including that "if" statement In a perfect world..... it would idle fine forever (on an FCON, Haltech, etc)

But, as you know from experience - not everyone gets a perfect tune. I have many messages from FCON owners complaining that they get their cars back home and over time (with temperature changes, etc) the car no longer idles perfect. They are then forced to either live with it, or take it back to an FCON dealer (some traveling 4+ hours) to get that one problem solved. This could easily be sorted out over the phone if they had access to the ecu.

I am not wanting to make this into a Haltech vs FCON thread, I was only making a point of how an unlocked ecu is favorable for the end user.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:45 AM
TENGAI

I've talked to a couple of shops about the Haltech already and it was best summed up by Sharif over at FP:

1. If you're the type of person who doesn't wrench or care to go over your car regularly. The type that if ANYTHING goes wrong, you can put it on a flatbed and send it to the shop/tuner of your choice - then the F-Con is a great option for you.

2. If on the other hand you have a desire to know your car inside and out and have the flexability to adjust and tweak as you see fit - then the Haltech is the sweet spot.

It's all down to personal preference really. The F-Con is a great EMS solution, but it's not for everyone. Likewise for the Haltech.

Excluding ultra high end options like the MoTec, the F-Con and Haltech are sure to be the go-to options for MOST of the FI Z's and G's out there. Deciding between the two is up to the end user/owner.

FWIW - I'm on the Haltech side of the house
Old 10-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Gman2004

I am not wanting to make this into a Haltech vs FCON thread, I was only making a point of how an unlocked ecu is favorable for the end user.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to turn it into a FCON vs. Haltech, I just find it funny how many self tuners we have on here. Most that buy this system will be FI, and as you know FI is much less forgiving that na.

BOT.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

gman-who cares if people want ACCESS to their EMS's? Why laugh at them, the same could be said about you never taking your car to the track-but that is neither her nor there....

Hal! Guess you forgot about me
Old 10-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by Alberto
gman-who cares if people want ACCESS to their EMS's? Why laugh at them, the same could be said about you never taking your car to the track-but that is neither her nor there....
oh but I do hear it about how I don't track my car. I could care less about what EMS people put in their car, but it is halirous how most people on this forum cry about not being able to tweak their tune with past EMS selections. Most of them can't clean their **** right, but they can all of a sudden make adjustment to their tune.

This isn't your moma's (not directed at you, just using the expression) UTEC and most people that will use this EMS will be FI. I can see the explosions coming more rampant than suicide bombers in IRAQ. That's all I got to say. Unsubscribing.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Just because the ECU is unlocked, does not mean people have to tune it themselves. Almost every other ecu is not locked to a select few dealers and they work just fine.

In my opinion, it is not a question of: FCON = dealer tuning only, Haltech = user tuning only. But rather, the Haltech allows the user to decide where they want it tuned. The same people tuning FCON will have no problem tuning a Haltech, take Sharif for example. He already has experience with the Haltech Platinum 350Z, and making the switch is no problem. Anyone who can setup a nice map in Autronic, AEM, Electromotive Tec3, etc can do the same with Haltech.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:51 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just because the ECU is unlocked, does not mean people have to tune it themselves. Almost every other ecu is not locked to a select few dealers and they work just fine.

In my opinion, it is not a question of: FCON = dealer tuning only, Haltech = user tuning only. But rather, the Haltech allows the user to decide where they want it tuned. The same people tuning FCON will have no problem tuning a Haltech, take Sharif for example. He already has experience with the Haltech Platinum 350Z, and making the switch is no problem. Anyone who can setup a nice map in Autronic, AEM, Electromotive Tec3, etc can do the same with Haltech.

But How easy is it going to be uploading the new software? Switching maps... anyway to run a map switch?
Old 10-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Blackbird CPV35

how good is the datalogging?

i assume it has realtime rpm vs load charts right?
Old 10-19-2007, 04:03 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I think this is gonna be right up my alley.....

hmmmm...
Old 10-19-2007, 04:05 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Yep! Does sound good!
Old 10-21-2007, 08:24 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by overZealous1
any cel lights? does all of the factory car features still work correctly? ei- cruise control, vdc, and so on...
I had CIPHER already and upgraded to Osiris even though I went with the Haltech. My plan if CELs persist (the too rich bank 1/2 codes) is to reflash the stock ECU to a new target AFR based on a dyno curve I have from Sharif and logs from Cipher. As it stands Sharif flashed the ECU to just remove the speed limiter and bump the idle. I am not sure if these two parameters are still under stock ECU control with the Haltech in place, but we did it anyway...
Old 10-22-2007, 12:17 AM
Weqster

I will ask again;

Can i goto any haltech dealer in australia and ask for one of these PnP units.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:17 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Weqster
I will ask again;

Can i goto any haltech dealer in australia and ask for one of these PnP units.
Not currently. I can speak with Haltech and have them hold a unit for you if you would like.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:20 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by D350Z10
But How easy is it going to be uploading the new software? Switching maps... anyway to run a map switch?
Updating software is very simple, just run the installer and it is done. Uploading new firmware is as simple as connecting to the ecu and clicking 'Upgrade Firmware'.

The unit is setup to hold multiple maps, and they are completing the map-switching input now. For the present time, you would have to connect to the ecu and select 'Upload Map'. This takes less than 10 seconds
Old 10-22-2007, 05:34 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Blackbird CPV35
how good is the datalogging?

i assume it has realtime rpm vs load charts right?
Datalogging works rather well, but development is still underway on it. Here is an idea of where it is currently:

Old 10-22-2007, 07:51 AM
Blackbird CPV35

does it have anything like this

for datalogging?

Quick Reply: Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE