Notices

Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 01:49 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where do you mount the unit at ? Is it a good secure spot ?
Old 10-24-2007, 07:17 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run the Haltech on my car, I have run several different engine managements... and this is definately the cream of the crop. Very hapy with the Haltech, and because I was one of the first few to have the Haltech-pre release- I haven't even attempted to update my software version yet... I need to do that Hal, I'll send you my maps when I get some time, things have just been very hectic as of late.

Thumbs up to Injected Performance and their contribution to the VQ35 with the testing and aiding in the successful release of the Haltech

EDIT: wanted to add, I personally love the ability to tune the Haltech without the need to be "pro-dealer". I would NEVER own an FCON again for that reason solely. I know the FCON is a very capable unit, and has been renowned as the best standalone out for the vq45, but after speaking with Hal, and learning about the vast potential of the Haltech- I knew this would be the new authority.

Last edited by 350zDCalb; 10-24-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:03 PM
XIceDragonX

What about when the local garage plugs in his computer to make sure your car has nothing wrong with it and is obd compliant and all that good stuff... will that computer detect the haltech?
Old 11-04-2007, 07:11 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Originally Posted by XIceDragonX
What about when the local garage plugs in his computer to make sure your car has nothing wrong with it and is obd compliant and all that good stuff... will that computer detect the haltech?
No it will not detect it, the OBD-2 port is very limited as to what it detects.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:19 PM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone want to buy my UTEC for $2299?
Old 11-08-2007, 05:42 PM
craigo'sznprgrs

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
Anyone want to buy my UTEC for $2299?
I saw one of these today, it looks to be awesome, I too have a UTEC for 2299 for sale ironically. **cough**I will throw in a map sensor and selctor!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 10:26 PM
tyrone coupe

Hey qick question,

The Haltec does not cater for rev limiter adjustments for now.

What would be the best way tomove the rev limiter from 6600 to 7500 as I will be installing cams and valve springs.

would a nissan dealer be able to do the rev limiter change via the consult?

PS Thanks for the great customer service Injected will definately see more business from me inthe future.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:52 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Would highly recommend the Osiris product to diagnose and reflash the stock ECU as necessary. UpRev customer service is great. They can target A/F, help prevent CELs, remove all the limiters, etc. The Haltech takes care of most stuff, but leaves drive by wire to the stock ECU, hence the limiters remain.

Last edited by rcdash; 11-09-2007 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:31 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by craigo'sznprgrs
I saw one of these today, it looks to be awesome, I too have a UTEC for 2299 for sale ironically. **cough**I will throw in a map sensor and selctor!!!
mine is for sale for 2298 and I include the Tuner module. And a knocklight.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:35 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gringott
mine is for sale for 2298 and I include the Tuner module. And a knocklight.
You all are cracking me up.

Thanks Raj for addressing the rev-limiter.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:36 AM
captj3

Are there any updates about this ems. We had all the hype and now it seems to have died off???????? Did they go out of buisness?
Old 11-09-2007, 05:42 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by captj3
Are there any updates about this ems. We had all the hype and now it seems to have died off???????? Did they go out of buisness?
What updates are you looking for? They are flying off the shelf, we are getting great feedback, and more dealers are being setup daily
Old 11-09-2007, 07:10 AM
marcelz

can i adjust speed limit and rev limit on haltech...
my car is 05 model.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:28 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marcelz
can i adjust speed limit and rev limit on haltech...
my car is 05 model.
Read posts #107 and #108, which just answered that question.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:32 PM
captj3

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
What updates are you looking for? They are flying off the shelf, we are getting great feedback, and more dealers are being setup daily
I was looking for some feed back from all the people that are buying these. I'm in the market for a new engine management. At this point I'm looking at a F-con, Haltec, or the new pro efi. Also has there been any updates to this unit since it's release? Or are they coming soon when they get all the bugs out (if any)?
Old 11-10-2007, 11:39 AM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1, ordering mine in a couple weeks!!
Old 11-10-2007, 01:22 PM
ImportPartsPro
Vendor - Former Vendor

I am on board

This IMHO is the best solution for people that want total control of their car without having to be "stuck" with a dedicated tuner.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:41 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

sorry if this has been covered, as im in the middle of something and too lazy to read the entire thread.

can this system control both intake and exhaust cam timing? I am wondering if this would allow someone such as myself, with a 2003, to install a revup engine into my car using my OEM harness, then just run exhaust cam control wires from the haltech right to the control motors. not a bad idea, eh?

this question could also be relevant to those wanting to swap in a HR powerplant... but then again with the dual throttles this might be more of a wiring complication... i wonder if the HR ECU has the same harness plug? if so, perhaps the same idea would work and to just add pins/wires off the ECU connector for the second throttle body and put in a HR ECU? swap any sensors over that are different? extend some plugs wiring if they are in different locations? i have no experience working on an HR so I do not know how entirely different they are. But I do know that I would love an HR swap to get my old out-dated beast up to spec.

If anyone knows if the HR ECU plug is different, please speak up. maybe ill start looking for a HR long block to get over to Sam for a stroker. Winter is coming and I figured on pulling my engine anyway, i havent exactly treated it well this year so refreshing it or replacing it sounds like a good plan, and if this haltech would allow me to upgrade to a newer engine, selling my dear FCON might be in order. i heart the fcon, but this system looks nice as hell too.

Last edited by phunk; 11-11-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:47 PM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

The Haltech Platinum can control intake and exhaust cam timing for 06 and up.

The HR motor has different ecu plugs I do believe. I will check tomorrow but I am pretty sure they are different.

Originally Posted by phunk
sorry if this has been covered, as im in the middle of something and too lazy to read the entire thread.

can this system control both intake and exhaust cam timing? I am wondering if this would allow someone such as myself, with a 2003, to install a revup engine into my car using my OEM harness, then just run exhaust cam control wires from the haltech right to the control motors. not a bad idea, eh?

this question could also be relevant to those wanting to swap in a HR powerplant... but then again with the dual throttles this might be more of a wiring complication... i wonder if the HR ECU has the same harness plug? if so, perhaps the same idea would work and to just add pins/wires off the ECU connector for the second throttle body and put in a HR ECU? swap any sensors over that are different? extend some plugs wiring if they are in different locations? i have no experience working on an HR so I do not know how entirely different they are. But I do know that I would love an HR swap to get my old out-dated beast up to spec.

If anyone knows if the HR ECU plug is different, please speak up. maybe ill start looking for a HR long block to get over to Sam for a stroker. Winter is coming and I figured on pulling my engine anyway, i havent exactly treated it well this year so refreshing it or replacing it sounds like a good plan, and if this haltech would allow me to upgrade to a newer engine, selling my dear FCON might be in order. i heart the fcon, but this system looks nice as hell too.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by phunk
Yes, the Haltech controls both cams. If you put a revup into a pre06, you could run the wires for the two exhaust cam sensors and exhaust cam controls.

The HR has a different ecu connector, we are working on this

Quick Reply: Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE