phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i added a couple wiring notes to the website
Old 12-28-2007, 02:57 PM
oorx7
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just starting machining parts for 20 more of these. Those waiting, please give it about 2 weeks to be ready to ship. We will put up a post when nearly complete for those still waiting for one.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:00 PM
kevinapex

Originally Posted by oorx7
Just starting machining parts for 20 more of these. Those waiting, please give it about 2 weeks to be ready to ship. We will put up a post when nearly complete for those still waiting for one.
Is there any cost diffrence between the first batch and the next upcomeing x20?
Thanks Kevin
Old 12-28-2007, 04:12 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by oorx7

I pm'ed Charles (and he responded) that I need one ASAP....my car is on its way to FP... Help me out guys
Old 12-28-2007, 04:46 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Originally Posted by XKR
I pm'ed Charles (and he responded) that I need one ASAP....my car is on its way to FP... Help me out guys
Its possible they may be done quicker. There is only one completed unit here that hasnt been shipped, but its already paid for and about to leave as soon as the next shipment of walbros comes in (any second now). I have no idea how soon he plans to install his... he will see this post and if he doesnt need it right away, maybe he would be willing to wait for the next batch.

Otherwise, at the moment there is nothing we can do. The round material for the cans isnt even here yet. The tops will be done machining tonight. The bottoms will be done machining over the weekend I hope. We have almost enough level sensor mounts machined already... then we have to get the welder here to build the cans, then they go to the anodzier! Its hard to say how quickly all this can happen
Old 12-29-2007, 12:40 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by phunk
Its possible they may be done quicker. There is only one completed unit here that hasnt been shipped, but its already paid for and about to leave as soon as the next shipment of walbros comes in (any second now). I have no idea how soon he plans to install his... he will see this post and if he doesnt need it right away, maybe he would be willing to wait for the next batch.

Otherwise, at the moment there is nothing we can do. The round material for the cans isnt even here yet. The tops will be done machining tonight. The bottoms will be done machining over the weekend I hope. We have almost enough level sensor mounts machined already... then we have to get the welder here to build the cans, then they go to the anodzier! Its hard to say how quickly all this can happen

Thanks Charles...whatever you can do for me will be appreciated.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:09 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

We are behind, but we are getting these done. We currently have 21 in production, and by this time next week shipping will begin again.

Lots of you have been contacting me about these via phone and PM, and i was telling you all we had enough for everyone so there was no need to place orders before they were ready to ship. I am starting to doubt that this batch will cover the current demands. If everyone that has contacted me buys one from this batch right now, we are probably all out of them until the next batch which could be 8-12 weeks out.

Half of them are already reserved by forum sponsors, and I am sure I have had more than a dozen guys contact me on their own.

At any rate, I just wanted to post and say that if you want to make sure you get one in this batch, go ahead and place your order. They will be leaving starting this time next week at a rate as quickly as Walbro gets us the pumps.. I dont expect them to get us all 42 in a single shipment.

I put more information on the website about this.

Last edited by phunk; 01-18-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:57 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

thank you for the update charles
Old 01-22-2008, 01:17 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

One unit will be sold for $100 off for whoever wants it. A bit broke in the CNC during production and one unit got damaged, but it is still 100% functional. The nipple where you plug in the siphon hose got butchered a little, so it will just be a barbed fitting now. You will need to cut the special fitting off the end of the siphon hose in the tank and just clamp it onto the barb now. No big deal, actually this happened to two of them... one of them will go in my car tho.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:23 PM
D350Z10

dibs, sent you a pm and I will be talking to Forged soon to see if everything is a go
Old 01-22-2008, 06:10 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

charles pm sent
Old 01-22-2008, 06:20 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

These pumps are insane!

They tell you when to feed them

Sometimes I just go out in the drive way turn my car on, and listen to them. They sound like a jetliner.. Eeeeeeeeeee.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:04 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
These pumps are insane!

They tell you when to feed them

Sometimes I just go out in the drive way turn my car on, and listen to them. They sound like a jetliner.. Eeeeeeeeeee.
Thanks for the post.

Please keep a watchful eye on everything. It worries me that you said they get louder at the lower tank level. I am affraid of that being starvation or cavitation. We might have to put another opening in the can to help fuel enter. If the fuel pressure is stuttering when the sound is going on, I would recommend that you take her out and drill a hole under the level sensor mount right at the bottom in the side of the can. I would prefer to not have to put any more holes in the assembly for superior fuel control unless required. at what tank level on the gauge does it start doing this?
Old 01-22-2008, 07:06 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Thanks for the post.

Please keep a watchful eye on everything. It worries me that you said they get louder at the lower tank level. I am affraid of that being starvation or cavitation. We might have to put another opening in the can to help fuel enter. If the fuel pressure is stuttering when the sound is going on, I would recommend that you take her out and drill a hole under the level sensor mount right at the bottom in the side of the can. I would prefer to not have to put any more holes in the assembly for superior fuel control unless required. at what tank level on the gauge does it start doing this?

Will def check that out when I get back from Cali! Dont scare me Charles!
This is not a big issue..is it?
Old 01-22-2008, 07:15 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

well, its not a big issue if everything is all good!

maybe we can setup another bench test tomorrow or something. just try to stay out of the lower tank levels where it happens for now.. ill get on this hopefully tomorrow
Old 01-22-2008, 07:22 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

well, its not a big issue if everything is all good!

maybe we can setup another bench test tomorrow or something. just try to stay out of the lower tank levels where it happens for now.. ill get on this hopefully tomorrow

Cool! Car is not going to be driven for two weeks, I am off to Cali.

Luie
Old 02-12-2008, 01:54 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

The 2.4 ohms resistor?? How many watts does it need to be??
Old 02-12-2008, 02:42 PM
kevinapex

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
The 2.4 ohms resistor?? How many watts does it need to be??

I sent you a pm man!

Quick Reply: A CJM Twin Fuel Pump