Notices

By request, a CJM Stage 0 System.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 08:18 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default By request, a CJM Stage 0 System.

Our stage 1 and 2 kits and been enormously popular. With several hundred sold, we often wonder where they all go! Our first systems back in the 350z/G35 Forced Induction exploration days were originally all what we call our stage 2 kits now. Eventually, our customers/dealers convinced us to release something less over-kill for a lot of their needs.

Thats when the Stage 1 was born, and that is also when we started giving them "stage" names to seperate them by levels of completeness. That was probably the best move we made, because without the massive hardpipe this kit was very convenient to build, ship, pack, and install.

Well now over the last few years we get the occasional PM or email asking about a return system off the stock rails. Since we recently made a batch of fittings that will bolt to the rear of the stock rails (see here), we figured it to be high time to come up with something more compact than the Stage 1.

So we did, its really simple. We figured that it made sense to call it the Stage 0, lol. Its more of a return conversion package + referenced regulator without going huge. Install is a *breeze*.

Its half the price, and you can upgrade it to the Stage 1 kit at any time. The only part that you paid for that isnt used in the Stage 1 is the rail adapter fitting.

We have a couple of these babies on the way out the door and I will get some installed pics up sometime soon. I didnt want to post the installed pics from my Z since there was a Stage 2 kit half uninstalled just enough to fit this kit in there for test fit.

It comes with:
CJM Fuel Line Adapter Fitting
Stage 0 Hose (Rail to Regulator)
Regulator (Can be RED Aeromotive or BLACK duplicate, you pick)
Regulator Fittings and Pressure Gauge
Return Line (-6)
Return Correction Kit

You can check it out on our website here: http://www.cj-motorsports.com/catdes0.htm -- OF COURSE, this is also available at your favorite vendor!

A note of interest, we do offer it for the G35 Seden. We are the only ones to have a return fuel system (S0/S1) that is compatable with the G35 Sedens proprietary fuel pump assembly.

Also, for the DIYer's out there, we do offer the vital components seperately if you wish to build your own lines to save money. The return correction kit and rail adapter fitting are both available on our website. You can probably save around $100-120 to build it all yourself, just remember, our lines ARE much higher quality than you can make at home (teflon, crimped, rubber coated).. so the extra $ over DIY is saving you a lot of time and getting you much higher quality.

Now, pending moderator permission, we would like to have a raffle on this new fuel system. We'll see if that pans out.

We will be posting our entire fuel system product menu in here once we get the rest of the items pictures and info up on the new website. I apologize to you guys for not having the website complete yet... we just work on it here and there as we are super busy in the shop right now with new products.

LASTLY: Thank you to all of our previous customers on this forum.

Last edited by phunk; 03-04-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sweet....glad you heard our demands
Old 03-04-2009, 09:25 AM
UMW350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PMed...couldn't come at a better time for me
Old 03-04-2009, 09:47 AM
UMW350Z

Will it come with detailed install instructions? I just might DIY
Old 03-04-2009, 09:53 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Instructions will be up on the website shortly... if they are not there by the time you get your kit, drop me a line and I will get it done on the spot.

Our stage 1 kit instructions cover it mostly, so I hardly have to write much... the return correction kit instructions are identical, the instructions to remove the intake manifold are the same... so very little i need to do to get you instructions on it. I just need to explain how to route the return line for the most part... the fitting adapter bolts right onto the back of the rail, very easy.

so i am very confident that i can get the instructions done in about a hour of work, in the next few days i can do it.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:55 AM
athenG

So what power range is the Stage 0 meant for or at least before you upgrade to Stage 1 or 2?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:05 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Its sort of like asking a parent to pick their favorite child, but if i had to choose a HP range for the kits, I would go like this...

Stage0: 300-425rwhp
Stage1: 450-550rwhp
Stage2: 575-650rwhp
Stage3: 675-1200rwhp

Now this is assuming turbocharged, and this is assuming high quality and properly sized injectors.

I would add a SC chart, but i honestly am not quite sure exactly what type of losses the SCs in this application are presenting. There are probably members here who have used our fuel systems and can enlighten us better on how far they made it.

Each one of these kits will operate outside of the ranges given, above and of course well below. The stage 2 kit is the one that is to be taken with a grain of salt. Not everyone will make it to 650rwhp with it and its single walbro, that will be highly dependant on other factors. But it has been done, and its worth a shot before going to multiple pumps if your power goals are right in that range.

Last edited by phunk; 03-04-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Charles, great to see it finally released. I know we had talked about this before, and I think the stock fuel rails will do more than people may think. I'm excited to start installing these - will call to get some on order.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:50 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

charles, do you recommend for people to drill out the stock restrictor orifaces in the oem fuel rails?
Old 03-04-2009, 07:42 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

That's a good question.. I'm not sure I know of these restrictors.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:38 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by phunk
That's a good question.. I'm not sure I know of these restrictors.

take a look at the stock fuel rails. there is a small opening where the fuel enters the rail. the opening can easily be drilled out (opened up) to allow for greater fuel flow through the rails. I was surprised to see just how small the opening is. it is not even close to ID of rails.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:17 AM
UMW350Z

Do aftermarket rails have that type of restriction too?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:06 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

No our rails have a uniform bore all the way thru
Old 03-11-2009, 03:16 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

What actually determines whether you need a return fuel system? Is it horsepower? Injector size? Engine RPM?

How do you determine whether it would help a particular car? Put in a fuel pressure gauge, I suppose.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by __jb
What actually determines whether you need a return fuel system? Is it horsepower? Injector size? Engine RPM?

How do you determine whether it would help a particular car? Put in a fuel pressure gauge, I suppose.
The stock system runs constant fuel pressure. One problem with this is when boost rises in the intake plenum and fuel does not you have less fuel to deal with. For example, assuming stock fp is 52 and boost of 20psi, you have 32psi of fuel pressure to work with. Continue now, and take it to the extreme... 52psi fuel pressure and 52psi of boost... no fuel would be injected With a fuel return system (including boost-referenced fuel pressure regulator) you get an extra 1psi of fuel pressure for every 1psi of boost

There is no hard limit where 'you must have a fuel return system' in my opinion as there are a number of ways to setup fuel on a car.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:14 PM
UMW350Z

can you retune a UTEC with bigger injectors installed (600cc DW to be precise) to lessen hot-start issues using this return system/FPR? I think someone mentioned to me a while ago that you can set a lower base fuel pressure to combat the lack of injector scaling during start-up.

Any research done on this?
Old 03-11-2009, 09:31 PM
neosoul

UMW - that's exactly what I'm doing. I have DW 600cc injectors and have already ordered a kit from Charles.

Awesome guy to deal with, answered all my questions personally! ::thumbs up::
Old 03-11-2009, 09:54 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Your kit went out today... I'll email you the tracking number when I get home in a bit

A RFS aids in idle quality with any piggyback since the vacuum will reduce fuel pressure at idle requiring much less MAF voltage correction... Then in boost you still get the most out of the injectors as pressure gores back up
Old 03-12-2009, 05:21 AM
UMW350Z

I want this system, gotta check with my shop to see if they a) sell it or b) will install it if I bring it.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:26 AM
UMW350Z

Originally Posted by neosoul
UMW - that's exactly what I'm doing. I have DW 600cc injectors and have already ordered a kit from Charles.

Awesome guy to deal with, answered all my questions personally! ::thumbs up::
Sooo..that's a 'yes' to my question then? it will work to cure hot starts?

Quick Reply: By request, a CJM Stage 0 System.