Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Forged Performance: Our first JWT 700bb with FCON we like!...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 03:11 AM
Zridder19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great work!
Old 05-29-2007, 03:57 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Greddy EvoTT exhaust system. Our Stage II block includes Pauter rods and Arias ED pistons, whereas the Level I block uses Eagle rods. At these power levels, the Stage I shortblock is more than adequate. Some customers prefer the bulletproof nature of the Pauter rods, and also knowing they can push a tested 600whp+ on those rods. I have a feeling the Eagle rods can take well over 100whp per rod, but until more people start testing them at those power levels on the VQ35, a little insurance with Pauter is a prudent course.
Thanks Sharif. I thought the level II meant sleeves so I was wondering...

Sick car and nice work. Makes me impatient (but I'm not going to bug you, well more than once per week )

By the way (if others are interested), my research led me to specify Eagle ESP H-beam rods in my build based not only on reports out there on the web but also the manufacturer's rating (see attachment). The "HP" rating (not sure if that is whp or crank hp) is 250 hp/rod (1500 hp for 6 cyl engines). They are also about 20% lighter per rod than Pauter.
Attached Thumbnails Forged Performance: Our first JWT 700bb with FCON we like!...-eagle-h-beam-nissan-rods.gif  
Old 05-29-2007, 04:12 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash
Thanks Sharif. I thought the level II meant sleeves so I was wondering...

Sick car and nice work. Makes me impatient (but I'm not going to bug you, well more than once per week )

By the way (if others are interested), my research led me to specify Eagle ESP H-beam rods in my build based not only on reports out there on the web but also the manufacturer's rating (see attachment). The "HP" rating (not sure if that is whp or crank hp) is 250 hp/rod (1500 hp for 6 cyl engines). They are also about 20% lighter per rod than Pauter.
The eagle rods are a a great value. IMHO, the pauter are not really needed as I doubt anyone will even find the limits of the Eagles. And for half the $ of the pauters
Old 05-29-2007, 04:42 AM
TENGAI

Pauter rods are overkill for about 90% of the builds on this site, but the same can be said about other part choices guys are making when building their engines up. It's really about personal preference. If you want the "best" and are willing to pay a premium for it, then why not... Just so long as it's not being spread around as a required part for these power levels, then I don't see any harm in it.

BOT - Great numbers from Sharif's dyno. I'd be interested to see how much more the kit has in it... Were the BB700's pretty much tapped out at that point? Or did they still have plenty left on the table? With the 1000cc injectors, I know it had more than enough fuel (even with a single Walbro pump).
Old 05-29-2007, 05:56 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we will have you run our that will be done here in about a month....
Old 05-29-2007, 06:00 AM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

Congrats Jason! PLAIN NASTY. Wish I could have been there for yours like you were for mine. But hopefully I'll get to see the G soon. Nice job Forged!
Old 05-29-2007, 06:33 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

which car was this, i dont recall seeing another JWT other than the lemans one.
It was the white G35 coupe with blue Work wheels, and Forged Decal on the windshield. I dont think Jason entered the show, but we did the Poker Run and was driving all over the place.

The eagle rods are a a great value. IMHO, the pauter are not really needed as I doubt anyone will even find the limits of the Eagles. And for half the $ of the pauters
I agree with that. The customer makes the final decision, but we usually recommend Eagle rods for the non-sleeved build ups, if they want the added peace of mind with Pauter, we use those too...its really personal preference at that point.

BOT - Great numbers from Sharif's dyno. I'd be interested to see how much more the kit has in it... Were the BB700's pretty much tapped out at that point? Or did they still have plenty left on the table? With the 1000cc injectors, I know it had more than enough fuel (even with a single Walbro pump).
Oh yes, the kit definately has a lot more in it. We really wanted to get some good numbers, and get Jason on his way. The shape of the curve is also very important when tuning on pump gas. With race fuel mix, this thing can easily do 600whp+ on our dyno. At this power level, its bulletproof fun!

Did you guys break in the engine before giving it back or did he break it in driving back home?
Since we have a load based dyno, we do all of our break-in on the dyno. We can replicate 1000 miles of street driving in about 40 miles on the dyno.

we will have you run our that will be done here in about a month....
It's not my car...ask Jason. Is everything about drag racing with you?
Old 05-29-2007, 07:41 AM
SupermanZ

Ya Jasons car is bad ***. I wish I had the kit. Hopefully I can go FI by the end of the year. Sharif and the forged guys did a great job as always.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:45 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great numbers and nice power curve. Another Forged beast, nice to see G's rolling with serious power like this. Car looked great in person as well.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:13 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I

friendly competition, i joke a lot, most of my statements are just fun , competitive trash talking, i dont mean any harm...

its a man thing...

the 700 JWT kit we are building with a built motor is actually a road racing car, so it should be fair right??
Old 05-29-2007, 08:13 AM
98intrigue

I don't believe he said anything about drag racing? It would just be interesting to see how our 700bb car compares to Jason's.

Speaking of drag racing, I still want to have a friendly 1/4mile track day... Forged Performance vs. Performance Factory.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by 98intrigue
I don't believe he said anything about drag racing? It would just be interesting to see how our 700bb car compares to Jason's.

Speaking of drag racing, I still want to have a friendly 1/4mile track day... Forged Performance vs. Performance Factory.
It's always interesting to see how cars compare, but the fact is, the driver has more to do with it. We buiild and tune the cars, but we dont make or train the drivers. Alberto kicked my butt with slightly less power, becuase he is a more experienced drag racer, when compared to me.

We have nothing to prove, the customers that like to race, will choose to race.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:32 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Just like a downer to this thread, it was a downer to the party Sat. night at ZdayZ.....haha....
Old 05-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
Just like a downer to this thread, it was a downer to the party Sat. night at ZdayZ.....haha....
Yeah, pretty embarrasing and childish, if you ask me. I am glad i wasnt around when that happened, althought no less than 10 people filled me in on the details.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Sharif, any plans for a higher boost tune?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
Sharif, any plans for a higher boost tune?
i would really like to. Jason likes to drive a lot, so I hope he will make another trip up here for a race gas map.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:43 PM
98intrigue

It's always interesting to see how cars compare, but the fact is, the driver has more to do with it. We buiild and tune the cars, but we dont make or train the drivers. Alberto kicked my butt with slightly less power, becuase he is a more experienced drag racer, when compared to me.

We have nothing to prove, the customers that like to race, will choose to race.
That's why I enjoy racing so much. Because even if you are paired up to a car that should be faster/slower than you, you never know the outcome until it's finished. It's a rush...
Old 05-29-2007, 01:45 PM
THE ROADSTER

Originally Posted by PORTUGEE
How much for the 700bb upgrade?

My 06 JWT TT and everybody else I talk to with 06 JWT TT has a small spuddering problem when boosting at or under 3000 rpm due to VVT. Have you seen this and does FCON or Utec fix it?

I have the same problem with 700BB, hestitating between 3000 to 4000 rpm. The FCon is being put in at GTM, hopefully the FCon fix the problem.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:51 PM
maximumsportZ

Good job Sharif, would like to see how much more power the 700's can give.

Originally Posted by 98intrigue
That's why I enjoy racing so much. Because even if you are paired up to a car that should be faster/slower than you, you never know the outcome until it's finished. It's a rush...
Wow thats the gayest thing I've ever heard.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:58 PM
baptist

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
Good job Sharif, would like to see how much more power the 700's can give.

Wow thats the gayest thing I've ever heard.

LOL

For those 10 seconds or more, i am free............

Quick Reply: Forged Performance: Our first JWT 700bb with FCON we like!...