Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Forged Performance: JWT850bb...this one is nasty *pics gallore*

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 12:54 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stormcrow
congrats, luie... that's some sick power! but, i'm coming for ya!

sharif - get chris ready for some fabrication! we need to make downpipes and exhaust manifolds for these turbos:

I wonder how the lag will feel on those? You might want to get a stroker kit

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 08-24-2007, 12:59 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys!! Car is great and fast but these are just numbers.

We will see how she performs at the strip.
Dyno numbers dont mean $hit to me unless you can back it up. Bottom Line.
I know for a fact that she is alot faster than she was before.
God I want to track her tomarrow.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:01 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen

Is this a fresh engine? I would put a few miles on her first before taking her to the track, either way I am sure you are going to pull some SICK times!

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 08-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Do it!! Do it!! Do it!!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:02 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by George@GTM
Is this a fresh engine? I would put a few miles on her first before taking her to the track, either way I am sure you are going to pull some SICK times!

-George
GT Motorsports

We'll Soon see!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by George@GTM

-George
GT Motorsports
After our DD break-in, steady state tuning, and 65+ dyno pulls, I think she is pretty much broken in. Let her rip next weekend!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:47 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

This is kind of a hard act to follow, wish mine had gotten done first

Hey Sharif, is Motec coming to the VQ? (You mentioned going off for class)
Old 08-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by rcdash
This is kind of a hard act to follow, wish mine had gotten done first

Hey Sharif, is Motec coming to the VQ? (You mentioned going off for class)
Well, turned out Sam@GTM's flight was canceled, so now he is flying into ATL instead of CLT, and Sandy and I are picking him up from the airport in a few minutes. Then we make a nice drive up to the Charlotte area after midnight for the Motec classs!

Raj, MoTec works on just about any car. They are not big into PnP systems, so each system is hand wired, and custom configured to each vehicle. It's a professional grade/race ECU, with tremendous data aquisition and telemetry capability.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

Take it to Tunerfest tomorrow at Commerce Saturday night. I will be there showing my car. The track will be open.

Jeremy
Old 08-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Very NICE! Congrats...
Old 08-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Philthy
Very NICE! Congrats...
Phil, PM me the or call me with the name of that powder coat place please..
Old 08-24-2007, 08:12 PM
abyss

Dear god thats sick. Luie, what are you gonna be using to put the power to the ground? (I may have missed it if it was already said) Sharif...you said this is a prototype. Are the 850bb's not available to the public yet?
Old 08-25-2007, 01:44 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by abyss
Are the 850bb's not available to the public yet?
None of the (now three, soon to be four ) JWT TT kits are available "for sale" to the public outright, per say. The standard 530BB kit and the upgraded 700BB kits are available for install at selected few JWT TT authorized installers, but the GT30's or 850BB's probably will not be to commonly available.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:48 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
MoTec works on just about any car. They are not big into PnP systems, so each system is hand wired, and custom configured to each vehicle. It's a professional grade/race ECU, with tremendous data aquisition and telemetry capability.
+1, Sharif Motecs are the Sh**, only wish we had (could afford) one with all the necessary sensors and data acquiisition for our Time Attack car . I still look for an available used one from time to time.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:37 AM
jdm2006350z

Damn thats how i want my car to run one day lol
Old 08-25-2007, 02:47 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by rcdash
Scott, do you have any dynos and kit modifications that you can post from the other 850 high boost setups?

Raj, I can only tell you that the other JWT TT 850BB kits are on the Yellow VRT bumble bee (now in Eagle1's car) and another in the M-Worx Z. Last I heard, the M-Worx Z has been having some major heating issues he hopes to work out soon, and the VRT car has had some fuel pick-up issues with the fuel cell, and some other random problems I guess.

When Jim and Clark tuned our 850BB equiped car it was hours after the install the day before we left for the Super Street Mag's "Super Lap Battle" with the car so we were just interested in getting the thing base tuned with safe A/F's. So, we were not too interested in final big numbers at this time, not with the cars current state (still need the new cams and clutch). The car still has stock valve springs and the standard JWT clutch, so going too high in the torque range with this clutch just before an event was a bit too risky and the rev's were still limited to 7100 rpm (having the stock valve springs still). However, the car was making a semi-clean 749WHP and 748tq. @20psi, so Clark did not want to add anymore boost at this point until we get some more work done to it.

Raj, I can let you know that odley enough, this car is still running a single Walbro 255 fuel pump (returnless), S2 cams, stock MAF and throttle body, standard JWT TT intercooler / intake /and piping. We are obviously going to be upgrading the outgrown intercooler, installing and trying some VERY agressive prototype JWT race cams (lets call them C9's), and replacing the long overdue clutch with a Carbonetics triple to name a few things before doing anything else. Then, we will do a couple of dyno runs and DJ / DP / DD comparisons for all the inquireing minds. Our goal with this car is still NOT realy to make monster power, but to make USABLE power as safe as we can. But cool power numbers is a fun bi-product......

Sorry for the ramblings, just answering the mans questions, now back to the original topic..... this thread is about Eaglegreens car and how crazy fast it has become........... Great work guys, and I love the custom Forged work. I might be needing those cool fan and shrouds soon too, Sharif

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 08-25-2007 at 03:13 AM.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:03 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks for all the info Scott - not really OT since it helps detail why Luie's car is that much cooler and on the cutting edge of technology under R&D by Jim & Clark!!!
Old 08-25-2007, 07:48 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Yellow VRT bumble bee (now in Eagle1's car)
i see nothing has changed
Old 08-25-2007, 08:53 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Raj, I can only tell you that the other JWT TT 850BB kits are on the Yellow VRT bumble bee (now in Eagle1's car) and another in the M-Worx Z. Last I heard, the M-Worx Z has been having some major heating issues he hopes to work out soon, and the VRT car has had some fuel pick-up issues with the fuel cell, and some other random problems I guess.

When Jim and Clark tuned our 850BB equiped car it was hours after the install the day before we left for the Super Street Mag's "Super Lap Battle" with the car so we were just interested in getting the thing base tuned with safe A/F's. So, we were not too interested in final big numbers at this time, not with the cars current state (still need the new cams and clutch). The car still has stock valve springs and the standard JWT clutch, so going too high in the torque range with this clutch just before an event was a bit too risky and the rev's were still limited to 7100 rpm (having the stock valve springs still). However, the car was making a semi-clean 749WHP and 748tq. @20psi, so Clark did not want to add anymore boost at this point until we get some more work done to it.

Raj, I can let you know that odley enough, this car is still running a single Walbro 255 fuel pump (returnless), S2 cams, stock MAF and throttle body, standard JWT TT intercooler / intake /and piping. We are obviously going to be upgrading the outgrown intercooler, installing and trying some VERY agressive prototype JWT race cams (lets call them C9's), and replacing the long overdue clutch with a Carbonetics triple to name a few things before doing anything else. Then, we will do a couple of dyno runs and DJ / DP / DD comparisons for all the inquireing minds. Our goal with this car is still NOT realy to make monster power, but to make USABLE power as safe as we can. But cool power numbers is a fun bi-product......

Sorry for the ramblings, just answering the mans questions, now back to the original topic..... this thread is about Eaglegreens car and how crazy fast it has become........... Great work guys, and I love the custom Forged work. I might be needing those cool fan and shrouds soon too, Sharif

WA2Good I belive I missed your call, last night? It was a long day and night for Sharif and I.
When I got there the car was ready to go, but I am a picky and anial Dude, so i had them change somethings around and add things at the last min.
With Sharif having a class this morning, He still stayed till 9pm making me happy and working out any little things I wanted changed.
Customer Service at it s best. Thanks so much Bro!

Now for my initial review

I drove half way home on race gas till I ran out.
Freeway roll on are pretty Sick! I would compare it to a 747 taking off and pulling to its top speed. I would compare my PE TT kit as a small lear Jet taking off and reaching it max speed.

Power delivery is so much diffrent than any 350z TT I have ever driven, Not violent, but very methotical smoooth power band. Wierd?? I will try to take some video runs today at low and mid boost (no race). So you can see what I am talking about.

I wasnt able to get on it to much on the way home...Becuase While we were down there, we drove my wifes Mini cooper S and on the way back to the shop (from picking her up from mall) I was passing a Semi truck and as soon as I did I ran over a busted tire and broke the a plastic part of the water line to the turbo... So long story short she rode all of 400 miles back home in my car without a passenger seat..

Water temps never got above 174 even in traffic. I have to get used to this carbon clutch, The carbon LSD? I cant belive I drove around all this time without one?

Last edited by eagletanggreen; 08-25-2007 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

she rode all of 400 miles back home in my car without a passenger seat..
You removed the passenger seat... So, you made it a single passenger car?? Not nice for da wife..

Quick Reply: Forged Performance: JWT850bb...this one is nasty *pics gallore*