Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Vrt.... :-(

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dozzer1b
well here is the latest update straight from Sam, who might i add is operating at a very professional level, and im very pleased w/ the convo's that we have had.

It looks like the fear has come true, the pssanger side turbo appears to have not been replaced, and seems to be the same old one that was passing oil. So, now i will have 2 replace this turbo (for a second time) although i never recieved a new one in the 1st place. Also, it seems that VRT has dyslexia, because it seems that my fuel systems lines, and power steering lines were ran incorrectly, almost 2 the point of "How the hell is it even working".....Sam performed a compression and leakdown test, and it seems that my number 3 cylinder is having a heavy leak issue, so, the motor will be torn down to do a complete inspection. Here we will find out if the motor is even built like i paid for originally!!!! Sam said it should be a week before he has a complete knowing of what exactly has been, and has not been done....so thats the update as of right now fellas....a week and we shall know if i even have a built motor or not!!!!
Damn.. That is the saddest **** ive read in a while................. My condolences for your loss..
Old 09-11-2007, 10:17 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn! I'm not surprised about the turbo, but was really hoping it wouldn't be the tip of the iceberg.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:26 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dozzer1b
well here is the latest update straight from Sam, who might i add is operating at a very professional level, and im very pleased w/ the convo's that we have had.

It looks like the fear has come true, the pssanger side turbo appears to have not been replaced, and seems to be the same old one that was passing oil. So, now i will have 2 replace this turbo (for a second time) although i never recieved a new one in the 1st place. Also, it seems that VRT has dyslexia, because it seems that my fuel systems lines, and power steering lines were ran incorrectly, almost 2 the point of "How the hell is it even working".....Sam performed a compression and leakdown test, and it seems that my number 3 cylinder is having a heavy leak issue, so, the motor will be torn down to do a complete inspection. Here we will find out if the motor is even built like i paid for originally!!!! Sam said it should be a week before he has a complete knowing of what exactly has been, and has not been done....so thats the update as of right now fellas....a week and we shall know if i even have a built motor or not!!!!
In NJ that constitutes "theft by deception" to claim to have installed something and not have done it and to recieve payment for it.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:30 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

You know what kills me the most..Guys like VRT got their car on the cover of D-sport mag with a full article...Some newb who knows nothing of their reputation, will fall victim to them next..This is completly unreal. VRT and anyone associated with them past or present needs to be lynched.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:31 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

It is a legal fact that when there is a continuous pattern of rip-offs like this, it is no longer considered just a civil matter, its criminal RACKETEERING.

Dozzer,
If you and all the others who got ripped off band together, you can present a very good case to the District Attorney.

Trust me, the D.A. would really like to hear you.

Dont let this go! This isn't just a civil case. Its criminal and Miguel belongs in prision.

Last edited by Hydrazine; 09-12-2007 at 05:37 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:40 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
This is exactly what the problem is with this forum. I havent defended them since the every first thread about VRT. You guys for some reason think that by me asking questions from both sides is sticking up for VRT. Too bad none of you have any common sense. The bottom line is I am not going to just blindly listen to what someone has to say about a company that I feel comfortable with.

Like I have said in the past what if something was brought to light about GTM....would any of you just automatically jump on the bandwagon and say they were wrong. From what I read GTM was questioned by BuiltZMotors. I did not see a response from GTM but everyone still says no they are good and trustworthy. From what I read I wouldnt trust them if I based my decision only on what was written.

You all dont understand this about me, I try and see all sides of the story before I make my decision, and to be honest the decision was not cemented by stories of people I dont know that were unhappy with their cars and stories from fired employees. I spoke with some of the unhappy customers and what they said and what MrA said didnt jive so how am I supposed to take the word of someone I dont know. It is easy if you are unhappy with your car to say they ripped you off. Is that so hard to understand.

Once again, I am man enough to let you guys say I told you so, but the issue I have here is that you all are not man enough to let it be at that and respect where I was coming from. If things had turned out the other way and all these customers were proved wrong you guys would have crawled back into your holes and not said anything again until another VRT story. I am not like that, I said I would admit when and if I was wrong and I did. If that doesnt show who I am then you guys will never understand it.

Look, I was wrong and VRT definitely ripped off some people. I was lucky and my car is great, so I am happy with what I got. I just cant believe that you guys have to keep saying negative things about me. If I get blasted for waiting to make up my mind about something that I dont have both sides of the story to (or you guys do for that matter) and I get blasted for it, well then too bad for you guys.

As for BuzzardMountain, I said yesterday afternoon that I hadnt spoken to anyone there for a while and that is the case. I apologize for not being clearer, when I said I had since spoken to VRT was in reference to since all the VRT threads died down. Sometimes I do not get the full thought out and I am sorry. I spoke with MrA maybe a month to a month and a half ago about all this and he still told me something different than what it appears happened. So, I apologize for not writing out the complete sentence. By the way there have been no inconsistencies on my part. You all have read my posts and misunderstood some and I have not been clear enough on others which I have always explained.

I hope you guys can all move on from this now......
I will reply to this:
If YOU personally feel comfortable with VRT then that is fine,Im glad you do but realize this.
#1) your car probably only has HALF of the work done, that you actually paid for.
#2) your car probably makes ALOT LESS power than the VRT dyno they gave you
If you feel comfortable going to a shop, correct that..Someone's HOUSE, and having your car worked on by a company that has been proven to be liars and scam artists by numerous members,customers,former employees and rival shops, then so be it..Like the old phrase goes "There is a sucker born every day" and my other favorite quote "if you cant spot the sucker at the table in 30 minutes, odds are, your the sucker".
Now, take you objective opinion and run with your tail between your legs from this and any future VRT threads..Its over man, their criminals..
Between the 800HP Bogus dyno's that I called 2 years ago, and the straight up fraud these guys are commiting, their name or anyone associated with their name, needs to crawl into a hole forever.
Dont try and play Devils advocate, and analize BOTH sides of this story, there are no BOTH SIDES..Simple fact is, they ripped this guy off for ALOT of money, and Im willing to bet that he is the proud owner of a $14,000 stock motor with a blown #3 piston

Oh, and people need to write letters to D-Sport for having them featured in their magazine when there were alot more worthy shops passed up.Ban D-sport!!
Old 09-12-2007, 05:47 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did write a letter to Dsport as well as Sport Compact Car.

I was hoping that Dsport would print a blurb about them... but won't I am sure.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:41 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormouth
I did write a letter to Dsport as well as Sport Compact Car.

I was hoping that Dsport would print a blurb about them... but won't I am sure.

yah if they put a lil article in their next issue explaining what happened....

i think thats a fair way for the magazine to redeem themselves.....

i mean they had some nice stuff in past months until that **** vrt car got there... i was like how the hell ?? (jsut like everybody else probably)

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 09-12-2007 at 06:50 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:46 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Im sorry for my rant, but the old julian does need to surface from time to time when needed..
Old 09-12-2007, 06:57 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Im sorry for my rant, but the old julian does need to surface from time to time when needed..
lol nothing wrong having old J lurking from time to time
Old 09-12-2007, 06:57 AM
THE ROADSTER

Dozzer, if the inspection costs almost as much as the new motor, then just bite the bullet and get a new motor. This is just a thought, I don't really know your financial situation.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:13 AM
advangs

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
It is a legal fact that when there is a continuous pattern of rip-offs like this, it is no longer considered just a civil matter, its criminal RACKETEERING.

Dozzer,
If you and all the others who got ripped off band together, you can present a very good case to the District Attorney.

Trust me, the D.A. would really like to hear you.

Dont let this go! This isn't just a civil case. Its criminal and Miguel belongs in prision.
Well, I'm the one selling the black car on modifiedcartrader. I'm selling it for a good friend, I met Michael Alvarez(I'm not calling him Mr. anything) and I wasn't impressed. I can't belive Ed was/is even associated with this blatant crook. I am trying to get my buddy to take action against this guy(he has reason)and any help or information will be appreciated. And I fully agree HE DOES BELONG IN PRISON!!!!!!!!! I believe a class action is needed/warranted. Please pm me. Thank You.

Last edited by advangs; 09-12-2007 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Default Dont let the Crook off the Hook.

PM'ed

Dozzer too.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

And make it a class action criminal prosecution too.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:39 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe the mods would agree to reopen my thread......I've got a few more stories to add:

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/283047-thinking-of-using-vrt-be-aware-of.html

They reopened it one time.......and since we don't have to worry about "Mr." NG getting it closed again......
Old 09-12-2007, 09:40 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
Maybe the mods would agree to reopen my thread......I've got a few more stories to add:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283047

They reopened it one time.......and since we don't have to worry about "Mr." NG getting it closed again......
+1

=]

hopefully they do
Old 09-12-2007, 10:29 AM
FairladyFever

Originally Posted by advangs
Well, I'm the one selling the black car on modifiedcartrader. I'm selling it for a good friend, I met Michael Alvarez(I'm not calling him Mr. anything) and I wasn't impressed. I can't belive Ed was/is even associated with this blatant crook. I am trying to get my buddy to take action against this guy(he has reason)and any help or information will be appreciated. And I fully agree HE DOES BELONG IN PRISON!!!!!!!!! I believe a class action is needed/warranted. Please pm me. Thank You.

Is this the car that got busted doing 150+ racing a gsxr
Old 09-12-2007, 10:31 AM
JoeDirtPharmD

I have no vested interest in the VRT saga (though I did attempt to bring to light a local member's issue last year regarding their VRT build and got a heap of **** from forum members), but if the DSport publication is an issue for some, why not contact them directly with the information presented on this site?

D Sport Magazine
A Publication Of IDRC, Inc.
21405 Brookhurst Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
(714) 593-0280
(714) 593-0281 Fax
info@dragsport.com

Publisher: Michael Ferrara (michael@dragsport.com)
Accounting: (accounting@dragsport.com)
Sales Director: David Rahemi (david@dragsport.com)
Sales Assistant: Scott Harnish (scott@dsportmag.com)
Marketing and Promotions Manager: Jerry Hsien (jerry@dragsport.com)
Creative Director: Phillip Lam (phil@dragsport.com)
General Information: info@dragsport.com
Subscription Manager: Jeren Walken (jeren@dragsport.com)

Quick Reply: Vrt.... :-(