Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Vrt.... :-(

Old 09-17-2007, 08:11 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by dozzer1b
mike got beat up at his shop...i know that!!

details!?
Old 09-17-2007, 08:17 PM
dozzer1b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
details!?

i dont know full details.....but i know thats true.......some people on here know exact details...and they have chimed in on this thread......if they wana go further into detail about this story...they can.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:43 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by THE ROADSTER
I heard some one beat the sh*t out of him about 3 months ago at the track.

Originally Posted by dozzer1b
mike got beat up at his shop...i know that!!
Interesting....we need details on the beat-downs.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:53 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ I want the bloody details on the AS$ Stompin.........
Old 09-18-2007, 04:42 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Motormouth
I just saw Eagle1's car in the SCC 'ultimate tuner car challenge' write up... nice VRT logos all over his car.

I'd love to hear from him why he continues to be associated with them. his car is also AWD now and claims to put 600whp through the G35x drivetrain. can't wait to see this.
is that 600 VRT HP which is equal to 350 real world HP
Old 09-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

scc seemed skeptical as well from the wording in the article. or they thought it was going to break
Old 09-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Motormouth
Banned

again, I would LOVE to hear from eagle why he is still associated with them... that should be a great story
Old 09-18-2007, 10:41 PM
dozzer1b

VRT has filed chapter 7
Old 09-19-2007, 05:40 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

You know, I always wondered about that guy when I saw him "high rolling" at the track events.

This guy was seemingly at each and every track event. Taking a day off work with his whole crew? With multiple vehicles, a nice big trailer and a fairly new truck to tow it all in. Heavily modified track vehicles with enough race tires to grind up all day long?

It costs good money to do that on a sustained basis. Seriously, it adds up fast. And when you are at each and every event? Where did all the required spare time and money come from?

I would attend track events with friends on various random occasions but he was there each and every time with the same set up. It didn't matter how far, where, what state or when. I saw him at nearly every track event.

If I would attend track events only occasionally and at random and see him at every one of them, he had to be attending nearly every event open to the public. Or at least a very large number of them.

It had me wondering. For a small tuner shop Time and Money are inversely proportional.
More free time = less earnings. More earnings = less free time.
High rolling at just about every track event requires a lot of both time and money. And small shops don't have a lot of both. So it just didn't seem to add up.

...But now, with this recent information, its easy to see how it was all possible.

Last edited by Hydrazine; 09-19-2007 at 06:17 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:09 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
You know, I always wondered about that guy when I saw him "high rolling" at the track events.

This guy was seemingly at each and every track event. Taking a day off work with his whole crew? With multiple vehicles, a nice big trailer and a fairly new truck to tow it all in. Heavily modified track vehicles with enough race tires to grind up all day long?

It costs good money to do that on a sustained basis. Seriously, it adds up fast. And when you are at each and every event? Where did all the required spare time and money come from?

I would attend track events with friends on various random occasions but he was there each and every time with the same set up. It didn't matter how far, where, what state or when. I saw him at nearly every track event.

If I would attend track events only occasionally and at random and see him at every one of them, he had to be attending nearly every event open to the public. Or at least a very large number of them.

It had me wondering. For a small tuner shop Time and Money are inversely proportional.
More free time = less earnings. More earnings = less free time.
High rolling at just about every track event requires a lot of time and money. And small shops don't have large amounts of both. So it just didn't seem to add up.

...But now its easy to see how it was all possible.

Mr As$hole needs to thank his customers for sponsoring his track event shenanigans

Originally Posted by Motormouth
again, I would LOVE to hear from eagle why he is still associated with them... that should be a great story
<in for eagles response>

Old 09-19-2007, 06:35 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I read this thread, interested, until the "beat-down" came up, now I really want to know the details - someone step up that knows what happened.

To the OP - you have my sympathy, I know what it is to have shoddy work done, however, my stuff was very minor next to yours. Hope it works out for you.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:23 AM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
Mr As$hole needs to thank his customers for sponsoring his track event shenanigans

<in for eagles response>

I attended a race in Pahrump, NV and IIRC, 4 VRT guy showed-up- mostly in G's.

I've known Eagle1 for quite awhile back when he was Vortech'd. Stand-up guy as far as I can tell and he even let me ride in two runs during the Pahrump event. Car was fast and very stable.

Eagle1 seems to be a very intelligent guy and in light of all this crpa about VRT, I am also curious as to why he continues to do business with them.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:03 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Blu_Blur
Eagle1 seems to be a very intelligent guy and in light of all this crpa about VRT, I am also curious as to why he continues to do business with them.
+1 for Jim Wolf, the magazines, the customers and everyone else Miguel does business with.

It seems no matter who it is, anyone within close proximity of Miguel gets the insidious smoke and mirrors treatment. ...Regardless of their intelligence.

And I'm sure that everyone of them (even if they don't say anything about it) is, to some degree, ashmed to have been fooled, used, scammed, associated with, lied to or taken advantage of.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:38 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for Jim Wolf, the magazines, the customers and everyone else Miguel does business with.

It seems no matter who it is, anyone within close proximity of Miguel gets the insidious smoke and mirrors treatment. ...Regardless of their intelligence.

And I'm sure that everyone of them (even if they don't say anything about it) is, to some degree, ashmed to have been fooled, used, scammed, associated with, lied to or taken advantage of.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:34 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by SinCity350Z
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Jason333
hi

What sucks for past customers who have actually gotten what they paid for is they can't give their cars away on here now
Old 09-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Navygolf13

I know I said I wouldnt post here, but I couldnt stay away from this post. Hydrazine we went back and forth a little on PMs and I could not have agreed more with his post here. I am sorry for getting involved like I did and I hope that the people who have been taken advantage of are well compensated!!!

If everyone can forgive my post here that would be great, I will stay out of this again. I could not stay away from that...thank you for the well thought out and appropriate post Hydrazine!!
Old 09-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Motormouth
Banned

waiting for people to start breathing again,..
Old 09-19-2007, 12:45 PM
MaRbLe

Looks like the magazines like VRT still for some reason, another VRT Z got coverage this month.....
Old 09-19-2007, 01:15 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
I know I said I wouldnt post here, but I couldnt stay away from this post. Hydrazine we went back and forth a little on PMs and I could not have agreed more with his post here. I am sorry for getting involved like I did and I hope that the people who have been taken advantage of are well compensated!!!

If everyone can forgive my post here that would be great, I will stay out of this again. I could not stay away from that...thank you for the well thought out and appropriate post Hydrazine!!
We knew you would be back.......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vrt.... :-(