Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Little update on SP shop 350z TT

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 03:10 PM
copec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love seeing shop cars that push the edge of what has been done! You wouldn't happen to have more pics of that intake manifold?
Old 12-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Weqster

Originally Posted by D350Z10
WOW did you really mix up those and thoughs.... is that even possible? Did you graduate middle school?

P.S. "Thoughs" is not even a word... haha you dumb ***
Grammer arguments are sooo f*cken lame. I agree that the welds on the SP headers look ordanary. But this is a drag car, its not going to be driven for more then 1000miles.

PS.
Full-race use robotic tigs. I hope you guys arnt implying those welds are robitc.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:26 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by SoundPerformance
When I get some sheep and need some herders, I guess I will not use Full Race. Thanks for the tip!!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:32 PM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Weqster
Grammer arguments are sooo f*cken lame. I agree that the welds on the SP headers look ordanary. But this is a drag car, its not going to be driven for more then 1000miles.

PS.
Full-race use robotic tigs. I hope you guys arnt implying those welds are robitc.

I'm sorry but a person's attention to detail in grammar and spelling says a lot about their character as well as their intelligence. A simple typo here or there is easily excusable but clearly using the wrong word is not.

Actually our car is not only going to be a drag car. Chris intends on road racing it as well. I am also sure that he will drive it to work every day weather permitting!!

We have numerous headers on cars with many many miles on them. Some probably approaching 100,000. Obviously our welds are not robotic but I assure you they are strong, even with proper penetration and have rarely cracked. We also offer a lifetime warranty on our headers so if by some chance they did crack, we would repair them and recoat them for you. I will take some close up pictures of our welding for you tomorrow and post them as it is hard to actually see the quality in those previous pictures.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:11 PM
HeadGames

The great thing is to know when to speak and when to keep quiet. Obviously, someone who does not know what it takes to make an accomplishment of any kind, besides sitting behind there keyboard commando throne and push there illteracy around, is one who should not voice there opinion. Ray Charles could have layed that bead, and they wouldn't know the difference..but they sure as hell will say they do! There is no sense in arguing with someone with no sense. Just my .02

So, saying that I wouldn't let the nay sayer get to you..from a professional standpoint, the headers look good guys, it's cool that there will now be a header for the guy that is ready to make serious power! As the APS and PE kit are very limited in power output. They will go along great with that badass cylinder heads ya'll got!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:24 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I can't believe no one notices whats going on in this thread... vqturbotec works with a custom fabricator who is developing some new intake manifold and other products.. obviously he has a hidden agenda
Old 12-03-2007, 07:35 PM
warmmilk

don't pay attention to this idiot larry, he obviously has not idea what he's talking about.

the headers look sweet, along with the rest of the build up

i really hope u guys do the same thing for the z community as u did for the supra community, so far, things are looking promising.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:36 PM
HeadGames

Originally Posted by vqturbotec

How come the header looks so pieced together.From my understanding the more welds you have the more potential the header has of cracking at the welds.

Also is that MIG welded cause i would not want to buy those if they are TIG'ed.

Is that a T3 flange and if so what happen to it,its so tiny and cute.
If it is true that he works for a fab shop...he only sweeps the floors there. Because someone of intelligence and experience would not have said these things. I honestly don't know which sentence is worse if it were the case, not knowing what something looks like while being fabricated or a header finished..or even pondering the idea that someone would EVER mig a tubular header!lol and then going as far as saying they wouldn't buy it if it were tig'd.

unless it was for amusment purposes..then, I say it is ok, because it definitly served it's purpose!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Chris@SP
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by doug
I can't believe no one notices whats going on in this thread... vqturbotec works with a custom fabricator who is developing some new intake manifold and other products.. obviously he has a hidden agenda
First off, THANK YOU DOUG! I wasn't going to say a word as I don't have time to play "games". We know who we are and what we've done, and what we have in the works that's all I really care about.

Thanks to everyone else for posting up. I assure you, we will not let you down with z/g products! Larry and I have some big ideas to come.

Chris
Old 12-03-2007, 07:38 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

vqturbotec used to work for VRT .. anyone remember VRT?

he was the one who started exposing VRT for their dirty work.. but it always felt funny to me like something else was also going on he left out.. but i will leave it at that
Old 12-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Chris@SP
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by HeadGames
They will go along great with that badass cylinder heads ya'll got!
Dave, we'll make you proud

Chris
Old 12-03-2007, 07:59 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoundPerformance
I'm sorry but a person's attention to detail in grammar and spelling says a lot about their character as well as their intelligence. A simple typo here or there is easily excusable but clearly using the wrong word is not.

+1, Some great things coming out of your shop! Wish I would have known earlier, we could have done some big business!
Old 12-04-2007, 05:23 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

yeah... i knew that rigth away..but i didnt wanna post it to make this thread "explode" more than it needed to be...
There has ovbiously been no pictures form that other manifold at all other than the ones in that super old thread they had...
Old 12-04-2007, 06:53 AM
synth19

PWNT!!!1111!!

Old 12-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Chris@SP
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Ok, we're getting VERY close!!!!

We need to finish up the cage and get the gas tank back in. Then we can fire her up

Here are a couple pics

With this and working on our other projects (sequential kit, etc...) we're exhausted. Wanting to hear this fire up is enough motivation to get no sleep.

Chris
Old 12-28-2007, 02:59 PM
blueper4mancez

damn boyyee .... bov on mount on the ic , sssweeeet man . sickest looking tt kit out there . can't wait for the results.

Billy ( wants to ditch his greddy tt )
Old 12-28-2007, 03:02 PM
oorx7
Vendor - Former Vendor

This car is coming out amazing!

Very nice looking engine bay. I really like that intake manifold too!

-Brandon
CJM
Old 12-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Cant wait till you post numbers...
Old 12-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Chris@SP
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by oorx7
This car is coming out amazing!

Very nice looking engine bay. I really like that intake manifold too!

-Brandon
CJM
It's a WICKED piece Brandon thanks to you and charlie. Let's see how she does on the dyno.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:59 PM
thom000001

Wonder how that kit would work on a G????

Quick Reply: Little update on SP shop 350z TT