Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Intense Widebody G35/PowerLab GT35R/ProEFI ECU Makes 653WHP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Gman2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Darren (thanks Jorge for posting the new dyno results -- now over 700whp w/ a GT37r -- and no head lift )
I never saw headlift on the dyno with the standard ARP head studs either. Get the car on the road and do a couple of back to back 1st-5th gear WOT runs and see what happens.

Last edited by Gman2004; 11-09-2007 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:59 AM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very impressive Darren. Great to see other turbo options for the VQ.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:02 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Hello,

Thanks for your luck! Let me address your concerns:

1. Boost pressure has nothing to do with the head lift, cylinder pressure does. I.E. -- you could run 21psi and only make 400whp and never have a problem.

That is 100% correct. What is 21 psi compared to the actual cylinder pressure!!

The tune is the most important factor concerning head lift. Of course better head bolts, head gaskets etc can make up for a bad tune to a small degree..... but detonation will eventually either lift the head or hurt the pistons.

Jason is a pretty bright guy... almost as smart as me but nowhere near as good looking!
Old 11-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Devil Z

Hey SP - when are you guys gonna have dynos or more results of your TT kit?
Old 11-09-2007, 03:40 PM
InZomniac

Originally Posted by IntenseAero
Had the privilege of being stuffed in the trunk to hold the wheels to the dyno on these last passes. Soooooo SICK! Fat guy in a little Truuuuunnnkkkk!

I can't believe they let you out LOL Hey tell D to check his AIM LOL
Old 11-09-2007, 04:02 PM
IntenseSales
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by InZomniac
I can't believe they let you out LOL Hey tell D to check his AIM LOL
Let me out? Hell it took some work to unwedge *** outta there LMAO! Once the videos posted you'll see. GOOD STUFF! VQPOWAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 05:06 PM
manny007

Great progress guys, I've been following the threads for a while now, just ask
IIQuickSilverII....lol
Finally a ST kit packing a big set of cojones right out the box!

Look forward to see vids a more pics
Old 11-09-2007, 06:31 PM
thawk408

Originally Posted by D350Z10
21psi on standard head studs is still pushing your luck, I know from experience. Best of luck though!
I have 5K miles with standard L17 ARP studs on a built motor running 19psi on the greddy kit making 606rwhp on sharif's dyno. I have ran my car pretty hard and have not experienced head lift once. I torqued mine to 85lbs instead of the weak 65lbs that is suggested. I have some plans for the future and should hit 800rwhp and i am still sticking with the standard studs. I honestly dont think at even 800rwhp I will have headlift. I now need to put on my flamesuit cause I know its coming.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:54 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by thawk408
I have 5K miles with standard L17 ARP studs on a built motor running 19psi on the greddy kit making 606rwhp on sharif's dyno. I have ran my car pretty hard and have not experienced head lift once. I torqued mine to 85lbs instead of the weak 65lbs that is suggested. I have some plans for the future and should hit 800rwhp and i am still sticking with the standard studs. I honestly dont think at even 800rwhp I will have headlift. I now need to put on my flamesuit cause I know its coming.
lets not start a head studs debate in this thread
Old 11-09-2007, 08:00 PM
accordfreak

do you have the RPM graph for the gt35r? what rpm does it start boosting? and when does it reach full boost?
Old 11-09-2007, 08:11 PM
accordfreak

Originally Posted by IntenseFab
It will be extremely competitive with other systems out there. The High end unit will be competitive with the FCON V Pro and the Base Unit wont be much more then a UTEC. All of which will have more features and capabilities then either like adaptive learning, fault coding, nitrous control, boost control, traction control etc...
this is not locked like fcon right? User tunable right?

say I want the 800 dollar PROefi standalone EMS. What exactly is included in the package?
I want the user tunable basic standalone and don't need any of the fancy stuff like nitrous control, boost control (have my own), traction control, launch control etc etc...

Although, I would like the adaptive learning feature. Can each feature be purchased? Say I want the basic standalone with adaptive learning, would that be possible?

Does the EMS run along side with the stock ECU so that the oem ecu runs the gauges, DBW and other accessories??

thanks for coming out with (sounds like) another great STANDALONE!!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:21 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by accordfreak
not locked...but yoru tunner might put some blocks if he feels you could mess up the tune... but its not locked from powerlab.
say I want the 800 dollar PROefi standalone EMS. What exactly is included in the package?
where did you got that #?

check this thread adn the link on the supra forusm thread for mroe info on the EMS
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....hlight=new+ems

I want the user tunable basic standalone and don't need any of the fancy stuff like nitrous control, boost control (have my own), traction control, launch control etc etc...
it all comes with the ems... you dont need a separate boost controller... the unit comes with build in wideband as well

Although, I would like the adaptive learning feature. Can each feature be purchased? Say I want the basic standalone with adaptive learning, would that be possible?
serach the link i provided you please

Does the EMS run along side with the stock ECU so that the oem ecu runs the gauges, DBW and other accessories??

full standalone... replaces factory ecu
Old 11-09-2007, 08:28 PM
accordfreak

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII

where did you got that #?
nice! thanks for the link.

I just threw out that number because they said basic standalone version will be a little more than than the price of a utec band-aid.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Z33steve

Those numbers are unreal. I think I just wet myself.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:08 PM
thawk408

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
lets not start a head studs debate in this thread
Wasnt trying to, hell. They starting talking about headlift with L17, so I gave my experience with them.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:11 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by thawk408
Wasnt trying to, hell. They starting talking about headlift with L17, so I gave my experience with them.

yeah... =] it wasnt intended to you
thanks for sharing yoru experience....bad ***
Old 11-10-2007, 07:05 AM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

The most important thing that ProEFI is doing is creating an ECU that won't need to be tuned. Since it has the adaptive learning feature, you'll run perfect A/Fs out of the box. It will require a dealer to set up the unit, the end user won't be able to set it up.

The base unit comes as is with no additional features, consider it a piggyback, that uses the factory ECU to control DBW, Gauges and variable cam timing. The high end unit will come with all of the bells and whistles listed in the link provided by Jorge. However in both cases the factory ecu will still be required to run the gauges.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:10 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by TENGAI
Why would you say there's a bottleneck??? 600-650whp at 21psi is about damn PERFECT for a 35R. If they only made 450ish at 21psi, then I'd say yes, definitely a bottleneck. But that's not the case here at all.

The fact that the 37R made over 700whp is testament to the fact that the piping on the kit FLOWS. No way to debate that...
In that case, the turbo may have acted as a "bottleneck". I know that Injected's GT40R ST setup made 880whp (on a DD!) at 22psi and it made power and torque pretty much all the way through redline.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be insulting, just sizing up the difference in the different big power ST setups I've seen on the market.

Does this kit have full 3" exhaust piping from the exhaust manifolds to the downpipe?
Old 11-10-2007, 07:14 AM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Originally Posted by taurran
In that case, the turbo may have acted as a "bottleneck". I know that Injected's GT40R ST setup made 880whp (on a DD!) at 22psi and it made power and torque pretty much all the way through redline.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be insulting, just sizing up the difference in the different big power ST setups I've seen on the market.

Does this kit have full 3" exhaust piping from the exhaust manifolds to the downpipe?
No it has a 3'' Downpipe back exhaust system, w/ a 2.5'' up-pipe.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:20 AM
manny007

Any video's & pictures to be posted today???

Quick Reply: Intense Widebody G35/PowerLab GT35R/ProEFI ECU Makes 653WHP!