Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Intense Widebody G35/PowerLab GT35R/ProEFI ECU Makes 653WHP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 09:17 AM
TENGAI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Injected hit those numbers on a 42R, not a 40 IIRC. With that turbo sizing, the front clip is ditched.... Chances are the Injected setup featured bigger piping somewhere as a result...

All I was trying to clear up was the fact that at 21psi, the 35R turbo making 650whp is damn perfect... As far as how far they're going to push the 37R, we have yet to see. Also, I don't believe they've posted any results with the larger GT40R setup yet. That's where it's going to get extremely interesting IMO. If this kit is really sizable to 800whp with a turbo upgrade (and likely a wastegate upgrade too), then it would be the first "easily" upgradable kit I've seen to date.

I'm hoping that the G intercooler piping and AC lines are done in Jan/Feb so I can get this installed................. (hint to Intense)
Old 11-10-2007, 09:55 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by TENGAI
I think Injected hit those numbers on a 42R, not a 40 IIRC. With that turbo sizing, the front clip is ditched.... Chances are the Injected setup featured bigger piping somewhere as a result...

All I was trying to clear up was the fact that at 21psi, the 35R turbo making 650whp is damn perfect... As far as how far they're going to push the 37R, we have yet to see. Also, I don't believe they've posted any results with the larger GT40R setup yet. That's where it's going to get extremely interesting IMO. If this kit is really sizable to 800whp with a turbo upgrade (and likely a wastegate upgrade too), then it would be the first "easily" upgradable kit I've seen to date.

I'm hoping that the G intercooler piping and AC lines are done in Jan/Feb so I can get this installed................. (hint to Intense)
Do you have compressor maps and flow rates to illustrate it's perfect? We really don't have much to compare it to otherwise.

The piping on this kit seems to be pretty much as large as you can go without making some big changes to make room. I'd like to beleive that these were easily scalable with a simple turbo upgrade, but it's usually never that easy. It's eventually going to start choking out without larger exhaust side piping.

I'm very interested in seeing further info. Heading out of town for the weekend, hopefully there's more when I get back.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:26 AM
DanielW
Banned

subscribed
Old 11-10-2007, 10:37 AM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Originally Posted by taurran
Do you have compressor maps and flow rates to illustrate it's perfect? We really don't have much to compare it to otherwise.

The piping on this kit seems to be pretty much as large as you can go without making some big changes to make room. I'd like to beleive that these were easily scalable with a simple turbo upgrade, but it's usually never that easy. It's eventually going to start choking out without larger exhaust side piping.

I'm very interested in seeing further info. Heading out of town for the weekend, hopefully there's more when I get back.
You're right it never is that easy. Unfortunately there's a million different things you have to account for and take into consideration when testing different turbo setups. Hopefully when we test the larger turbo setups we'll be able to eliminate all of the restrictions that could be imposed on preventing significant gains in power.

We're going to be testing out a couple of T4 Based turbos on Jorge's car pretty soon so 800-900hp hopefully

Last edited by IntenseFab; 11-10-2007 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Shabib67

I want to see you try the GT4202R GT42-74R and GT42-76R. Those are some of the most popular big hp T4 turbos for the Supra crowd.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:21 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by IntenseFab
You're right it never is that easy. Unfortunately there's a million different things you have to account for and take into consideration when testing different turbo setups. Hopefully when we test the larger turbo setups we'll be able to eliminate all of the restrictions that could be imposed on preventing significant gains in power.

We're going to be testing out a couple of T4 Based turbos on Jorge's car pretty soon so 800-900hp hopefully

Old 11-10-2007, 11:25 AM
IIQuickSilverII

keep in mind that... this is a production kit and its proving that you can hit 640+ with the stg 1 version and with a turbo swap hit 700+whp.....
That it self is a big accomplishment for a ST setup. The gt37r might have had some restrictions but still the efficiency of the piping with the stage1 kit out the box kit is really good.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:17 PM
DanielW
Banned

haven't read the entire thread yet but have you guys established 1/4 mile times for each of these?
Old 11-10-2007, 12:22 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Originally Posted by DanielW
haven't read the entire thread yet but have you guys established 1/4 mile times for each of these?
Not yet we're going to beef up the drivetrain before we take it down the track, right now we still have stock axles, those will definitely be the first thing to go w/ slicks
Old 11-10-2007, 03:01 PM
TENGAI

Sure - here's the graph for what it's worth... The 3582R is in great shape at 21psi and Intense's application of that particular turbo is proof of the fact.

I'm not trying to get off topic with this, and don't want to get into the weeds as far as turbo brand or other potential sizing - but in direct relation to this thread Intense took a good turbo and pushed it into it's efficiency range without creating a bottleneck. That's the point I was trying to make.

The powerband needs a little work - and the discussion about cam timing is already out there to support that further refinement of the tune will in fact take place. REMEMBER - this is a big SINGLE TURBO kit. You're NOT going to get nice easy power at 3k rpm or below. Look at damn near EVERY single big ST Supra graph and you'll see the same trend. This isn't about that. If you want a more linear curve, then a TT setup is the way to go. BUT - if you want top end, 1/4 mile, or from a roll-on power - a big ST setup will get you there quite nicely. If some think that power curves like this aren't streetable - think about this: you drive around town at 4k rpm or less. More than "friendly" for the average guy. But step on it and keep your rpm's at 4500 and up - and it's on.... Just my thoughts on it. Not trying to start a debate on what's better. Both TT and ST kits have their places. So we all need to consider that when we determine what direction we want to go with our own cars. Food for thought - nothing more, nothing less.

Anyway, I'll be running this kit (with the 37R) on my car as soon as the G piping / AC lines are wrapped up. That said - we'll see what it can do given a 7500 rpm redline with a full stand-alone. My goal is 600+ Dyno Dynamics on pump gas (93 octane). These results support that my goals aren't too far fetched... We'll see what the new year brings

Han and Co. - great work guys. It's nice to see some of the "vaporware" rumors put to bed by you guys releasing an update.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:36 PM
IIQuickSilverII

^^ great post
Old 11-10-2007, 05:24 PM
tig488

Originally Posted by Shabib67
I want to see you try the GT4202R GT42-74R and GT42-76R. Those are some of the most popular big hp T4 turbos for the Supra crowd.
they all run straight 5" exhausts tho, theres no room for that in this setup.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:59 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Sure - here's the graph for what it's worth... The 3582R is in great shape at 21psi and Intense's application of that particular turbo is proof of the fact.

I'm not trying to get off topic with this, and don't want to get into the weeds as far as turbo brand or other potential sizing - but in direct relation to this thread Intense took a good turbo and pushed it into it's efficiency range without creating a bottleneck. That's the point I was trying to make.

The powerband needs a little work - and the discussion about cam timing is already out there to support that further refinement of the tune will in fact take place. REMEMBER - this is a big SINGLE TURBO kit. You're NOT going to get nice easy power at 3k rpm or below. Look at damn near EVERY single big ST Supra graph and you'll see the same trend. This isn't about that. If you want a more linear curve, then a TT setup is the way to go. BUT - if you want top end, 1/4 mile, or from a roll-on power - a big ST setup will get you there quite nicely. If some think that power curves like this aren't streetable - think about this: you drive around town at 4k rpm or less. More than "friendly" for the average guy. But step on it and keep your rpm's at 4500 and up - and it's on.... Just my thoughts on it. Not trying to start a debate on what's better. Both TT and ST kits have their places. So we all need to consider that when we determine what direction we want to go with our own cars. Food for thought - nothing more, nothing less.

Anyway, I'll be running this kit (with the 37R) on my car as soon as the G piping / AC lines are wrapped up. That said - we'll see what it can do given a 7500 rpm redline with a full stand-alone. My goal is 600+ Dyno Dynamics on pump gas (93 octane). These results support that my goals aren't too far fetched... We'll see what the new year brings

Han and Co. - great work guys. It's nice to see some of the "vaporware" rumors put to bed by you guys releasing an update.
Nice post, wanna job?
Old 11-10-2007, 10:32 PM
accordfreak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any updates with the video, and the RPM graph?
Old 11-11-2007, 10:52 AM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Originally Posted by accordfreak
any updates with the video, and the RPM graph?
I was having issues with the SD Card from the camera, so i'll have the video up on monday morning. As well as some other dynographs..
Old 11-11-2007, 12:54 PM
taurran

I think you're preaching to the choir here. Sure the GT35R is good to 21psi on this car, but to flow for that power level IMO it shouldn't need it. We all should see pulls with this kit at lower boost levels before we make assumptions.

I'd like to see pulls from 8-10-13-15-17psi. You can't really tell how the kit is functioning just by a single super high boost pull.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we have been making pulls with craigs car from 10-15 psi. we havent really gone over that level. i guess we just need to throw some C16 in there and turn the boost up high to see what happens.

they are on a big turbine T3 and we are on a T4 with medium exhaust side, very comparable.

i would LOVE to see a pull at 15 or 16 psi with this setup. we make full boost at 4300 with his setup and stopped adding psi cause it wasnt pulling to redline like the lower boost levels were. 21 psi, here we come!!
Old 11-11-2007, 01:46 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

I think you're preaching to the choir here. Sure the GT35R is good to 21psi on this car, but to flow for that power level IMO it shouldn't need it. We all should see pulls with this kit at lower boost levels before we make assumptions.

I'd like to see pulls from 8-10-13-15-17psi. You can't really tell how the kit is functioning just by a single super high boost pull.
Granted we could do that, but we didnt have to with this EMS. When we tune vehicles we don't like to make run after run just to get to where we want to be. The less amount of wear and tare we have to perform on any given vehicle is ideal. How many other EMS do you see out there that can tune once at 11 psi and have a full tune all the way to 30psi.

If it can make 700whp, then it can make 600whp, 500whp and any other given number in between. But if you're asking, how efficient the turbo is at a given boost pressure hows 493whp @ 11 psi on a low comp motor with cams and valvetrain?
Old 11-11-2007, 01:47 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
we have been making pulls with craigs car from 10-15 psi. we havent really gone over that level. i guess we just need to throw some C16 in there and turn the boost up high to see what happens.

they are on a big turbine T3 and we are on a T4 with medium exhaust side, very comparable.

i would LOVE to see a pull at 15 or 16 psi with this setup. we make full boost at 4300 with his setup and stopped adding psi cause it wasnt pulling to redline like the lower boost levels were. 21 psi, here we come!!
Only on the GT37R we're using a 1.06 we're using a .82 T3 On the GT35R.

Remember that a .82 on a T4 is alot larger then a T3 based .82 or even 1.06. Which IMO is not even close to comparable.

If we used a turbo comparable to the GTK-850 we'd be using a GT4202R which uses a 74mm compressor wheel, and an 82mm turbine wheel.

The GT35R and 37R we are using features a 62mm compressor wheel (GT35R) and a 67mm compressor wheel (GT37R). And on the backside its only 68mm Turbine wheel. All turbine housings aren't the same if its a 1.06 on a GT25 or a 1.06 on a 45R there's a huge difference since you're measuring area / radius. they dont all just share housings.

Last edited by IntenseFab; 11-11-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Shabib67

Originally Posted by tig488
they all run straight 5" exhausts tho, theres no room for that in this setup.
Definitely not true, my boy has a GT42-74R on his supra and he is running 4"DP/MP/Exhaust and most of the supra guys on supraforums.com run 4"turbo backs on their gt42r setup. 5" is possible but not many people go with that on a gt42r setup. So it will definitely fit on a 350z.

Quick Reply: Intense Widebody G35/PowerLab GT35R/ProEFI ECU Makes 653WHP!