Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

TheBlackPearlZ's Going For 700+WHP TT

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:23 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by thawk408
You sir are wrong....as usuall. I put down 606rhwp on sharif's dyno with STOCK revup heads on 19psi and 110 octane. That was also with a UTEC and still using the small greddy downpipes going into 2 1/4 test pipes. With cams and downpipes I would put money on me hitting close to 650whp.
i was refering to pump
Old 01-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Bullitproof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlackPearlZ
there is NO reason to upgrade the heads...to get another 10-20 hp out of it...trust me ive done the research and asked everyone if i should or not,...thus the reason why im NOT.

4k to upgrade heads for no real reason...

what does me being in the military have to do with growing a pair?? this is a thread to talk about me getting to 700 and my set up, and you come in here trying to start drama. its not necessary. take it to the OT if you want to deal with that ****.
and i meant joe, and joe is making over 700 without nos
You might wanna do more research. a good set of flowing heads will let you make more power with less boost. Whoever told you that 10-20whp is the max you would get out of a set of performance heads is wrong.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:31 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I have not found too much data on gains from head work - only bench flow rates and the rare car that makes great power. Not saying it can't make tons of power - just that the precise gain has not been well established for this platform. Not many people go crazy with headwork - it also seems to be more of an art than science with results dependent on the machinist, and expensive to boot...

I think "BPZ" has come up with a cost-effective plan for having a really good shot at hitting 700 rwhp. If he falls short on Sharif's dyno, no biggie - keep in mind the # is usually 10% higher on a dynojet

Originally Posted by doug
i was refering to pump
It think he'll be able to treat pump fuel like race fuel with the meth, so...

Last edited by rcdash; 01-18-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:54 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash

It think he'll be able to treat pump fuel like race fuel with the meth, so...
well time will tell.. and we will all learn something by the outcome
Old 01-18-2008, 05:36 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Your going to run meth and nitrous????

Why? Do one or the other!
Old 01-18-2008, 05:50 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
Your going to run meth and nitrous????

Why? Do one or the other!
meth at WOT and nitrous when triggered...
Old 01-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Crom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BamBam
I am running the 20'gs and so are a few other people.

I have not read the whole thread, (I am on vacation in Asia and the beach & bar are calling....;-) ) but good luck to you.

As for hitting 700+whp on 18g's with a stock bore & built engine.. I am not sure that can be done without running NOS or something.
I am sure if you have done your research and with Joe's and other's help on the boards you have a solid pan, just keep in mind things can go wrong and that it will probably take more time and more money to get to your goals then you expected.
--b
..+1...as soon as you pass the 600 mark, your entering into this grey area where its basically a delicate balance of everything working together properly - be prepared to spend some extra cash somewhere down the line because something always pops up...
Old 01-18-2008, 06:54 PM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bambam....if you read the first thread...im running meth and nos...i WILL hit 700...this is not a debate!! lol this WILL happen...ill make sure it does
Sorry, I did not get a chance to read the whole thread. I wish you the best man.. I know when I did things, there were a lot of different ideas as to what it would take. We know better now that more people have pushed the limits of the engine. I also wanted to run meth and NOS, (meth for the cooling and safety factor and NOS for the power boost) we decided that that was not the best idea for my engine's longivity. But of course I am running the 4.2 and therefore have different constraints on what my engine can hold.

Also as another ex soldier from Bragg...SWCS, I would only suggest that you keep in mind that when you are pushing the envelope, you keep some funds in reserve and be patient.

Good luck.
- de oppresso liber
Old 01-19-2008, 06:42 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Bam Bam my wife is in bangkok with all her Hot friends you should hook up with them and hit the "Disco"!
Old 01-21-2008, 12:43 AM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

Originally Posted by BamBam
Sorry, I did not get a chance to read the whole thread. I wish you the best man.. I know when I did things, there were a lot of different ideas as to what it would take. We know better now that more people have pushed the limits of the engine. I also wanted to run meth and NOS, (meth for the cooling and safety factor and NOS for the power boost) we decided that that was not the best idea for my engine's longivity. But of course I am running the 4.2 and therefore have different constraints on what my engine can hold.

Also as another ex soldier from Bragg...SWCS, I would only suggest that you keep in mind that when you are pushing the envelope, you keep some funds in reserve and be patient.

Good luck.
- de oppresso liber
yeah my second build is going to be with the 4.2...for now im goign to push the limits of a stock vq. and yes for clarifictaion for anyone...the meth is to run the engine cooler. and for safety...the nos will be run at a low shots...i think max of 50 and it will only be triggered when racing...i wont be running it all the time...but it will be used to account for me hitting 700.

-veritas et libertas
Old 01-21-2008, 03:12 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

you ARE joking right doug??

louies running the EXACT same set-up as me...WITHOUT nos and hes running over 700 on sharifs dyno...

take your negativity somewhere else...

and i will only be running a 50 shot...im not an idiot

Ah! No we dont have the same set up!

I have 850jwt...You dont!
I have my heads cleaned up ....You dont!
I am not running 700 plus I am running 700 on a DJ and 681 on a DD on "race gas"

Sorry bud but on FP dyno you are not going to see 700hp aint happening!
Joe has 4k heads with meth and he only got 640.

Just stroke your motor and get the 4.2, if you want to be a dyno queen.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:17 AM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

thanks for ruining my dreams louie...
Old 01-21-2008, 03:24 AM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

fine...im stroking it...just decided...

head work?? yeah ill get the cosworths too...**** it...that extra money i wanted for a vacation and clothes and stuff...oh well.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:25 AM
nomyth46

hey what are the spark plug #'s for the 2 step colder plugs?...like NGK###......sometime its the small stuff that are a pain in the butt to find!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 04:33 AM
nomyth46

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
I have met no one in Fayetteville with Greddy twin zero! As far as I know, I think I am the only one boosted in these woods

maybe not in Fayetteville but there are a few in wilmington
Old 01-21-2008, 04:41 AM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

Originally Posted by nomyth46
hey what are the spark plug #'s for the 2 step colder plugs?...like NGK###......sometime its the small stuff that are a pain in the butt to find!!!
im not sure as all the parts are at my fiancees house...contact sharif at forged and he can hook them up
Old 01-21-2008, 07:57 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

fine...im stroking it...just decided...

head work?? yeah ill get the cosworths too...**** it...that extra money i wanted for a vacation and clothes and stuff...oh well.
it isn't worth all the extra money to get to 700. Who gives a **** if you hit 600 and change or 700? It won't make a bit of difference except saying you hit 700. For the extra cost of the heads and then with a stroker motor that relatively few have ran and have had success with.... just doesn't seem worth it. On the street power over 500 is just wasted... and on the track, you will have a hard enough time to get 500 or 600 to stick.

700 would be cool and all, just don't see it being worth another 8 -10 grand in parts. On top of that, running nitrous and meth?? These cars are supposed to be fun; adding in extra headaches like a nitrous setup on top of running a meth injection kit, just sounds like too many variables to worry about. I really encourage you to discuss your goals and such with your tuner to see how acheivable they are. I love this forum as much as the next guy, but all this chatting doesn't mean squat when your tuner is reluctant to tune your setup because of the componets that were recommended by some joe blows online. I think you need to have a serious discussion with a shop or two about what they would recommend for you to get to your goals.

IMHO, I think you are being somewhat unrealistic about your build. It is easy to buy all parts, it is another thing to get them setup properly and working together. Like Crom said above, moving past 600 puts you in a grey area that has a delicate balance.

I strongly encourage you to sit back for a few days, take stock of what parts you have and have a very detailed discussion with whatever shop you feel most comfortable with and hash out a realistic and detailed gameplan on how to move forward
Old 01-21-2008, 08:08 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

^^very sound advice..
Old 01-21-2008, 08:21 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ncparamedic
^^very sound advice..
+1 - Zivman speaks the truth... Even with 315's NT-01 rubber on the back of my car, 1st, 2nd, and pretty much third gear is useless on the street...

Last edited by Philthy; 01-21-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:27 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ncparamedic
^^very sound advice..

Quick Reply: TheBlackPearlZ's Going For 700+WHP TT