Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

AAM Built: In-House Sleeved VQ, GReddy Twins, AAM Fuel and Exhaust: 550whp Pump Gas

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 03:06 PM
terps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good number, glad u guys are showing what ur shop can do

smothness is at 5, which i think is max, which could be by it is smother than the aps TT setup. regardless nice setup
Old 01-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Mike@DW

Nice Work AAM
Old 01-17-2008, 03:23 PM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty good results, can't wait to see how things work out with a stronger clutch. Probably even better #'s.
Glad to see people still working with the UTEC.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:52 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by terps
good number, glad u guys are showing what ur shop can do

smothness is at 5, which i think is max, which could be by it is smother than the aps TT setup. regardless nice setup
the APS TT smoothing is also 5
Old 01-18-2008, 09:48 AM
doug

Originally Posted by Clint@Altered
Shortly after 3800 rpm, the JWT clutch begins to slip a bit. We'll be putting in multi-disc clutch and re-dynoing shortly. I cant wait to see what the torque is then!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Clint@Altered
Eventually we'll make a fifth gear pull. The JWT Clutch that is in the car now is about done. So it'll have to wait until we get a twin-plate in the car.
Clint are there two versions of the JWT Clutch? i am curious because a post from Scott at RA had me thinking..

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...1&postcount=30

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Haha... Oh, realy, you do?? Care to explain yourself?? I can assure you that we have sustained well over 600 whp and 650tq ON A RACE TRACK and on the dyno (severall types of dyno's) on quite a few cars with the JWT clutches and flywheels for quite a while (years in some cases). Is the standard JWT clutch & flywheel idealy suited for over 500-600 whp??.... Probably not, but they have proven to me and many other people across the country to have proven their worth, and are very under-rated. As our rule of thumb, I suggest a multi-disc (triple disc) type clutch for anything over 500-550 whp and tq, and the JWT clutch and flywheel (and a couple others) for anything below 550-600 whp & tq.

Please do not listen to everything you might be being led to believe, or might be told by your installer/tuner . If you are going to take what we say with a grain of salt, then be sure to take EVERYTHING you hear with a grain of salt from EVERYBODY. Its only fair. But I can atleast prove what I am saying, and most people who know, have atleast heard of, or have seen what we do with our cars. (pick up a magazine sometime)
I was always skeptical of this, but Scott said otherwise, but your post really reassures me.. so i just want to make sure that JWT doesn't have different stage clutches or am i missing something?

Thanks
Doug
Old 01-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on Doug, we all know that Scott is full of it... never any back up, and has been proven wrong time and time again...
Old 01-18-2008, 10:05 AM
Gooey

JWT has a special twin clutch that is not listed on their website. I believe a local NX2ET or something has it on his car. I think they go for about $2400
Old 01-18-2008, 10:22 AM
doug

Originally Posted by Gooey
JWT has a special twin clutch that is not listed on their website. I believe a local NX2ET or something has it on his car. I think they go for about $2400
I believe the original thread was about the regular Clutch/Flywheel available to all customers
Old 01-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Clint@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by doug
Clint are there two versions of the JWT Clutch? i am curious because a post from Scott at RA had me thinking..

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...1&postcount=30

I was always skeptical of this, but Scott said otherwise, but your post really reassures me.. so i just want to make sure that JWT doesn't have different stage clutches or am i missing something?

Thanks
Doug
The JWT Clutch equipped on our customer's car was the standard JWT 1200kg Pressure Plate with full face organic disc (aka Exedy disc). We recommend them for a lot of stock block turbo set-ups and they work out beautifully. This particular car already had the JWT combo - and we hoped it would have held up for a little longer to the power levels seen on built setups without slipping. To accommodate for extra power/torque, we've done a lot of ATS twin or triple plate setups and we'll be doing the same for this Z soon. Nothing like a triple disc!

Last edited by Clint@Altered; 01-18-2008 at 11:21 AM.