Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane

Old 09-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe@Sage
That mess that was supposed to be a J T built motor is mine paid a lot of money for nothing .
Joe,

So im guessing the motor that Vinny was showing me was yours?.. if so .. Im sorry to hear brother

Ok back on topic.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Crom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Excuse my Noobness....but what is a JT Built motor
I believe they mean jeremy tibbs -
Old 09-11-2009, 01:32 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Crom
I believe they mean jeremy tibbs -
ohh... Thanks Crom
Old 09-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Vinny@VTR

i hope its minor bro, i'd hate to see another built car go down, especially a nice piece like yours.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

That sounds horrible....
Old 09-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only 4k miles... That is literally a "Nightmare".. JT builds not looking like ftw..
Old 09-11-2009, 08:00 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Well we all know better than to point fingers before even a teardown attempt... Fact is the motor made good power and ran well for a significant period of time. Why it let go when it did is unknown but only 3 things come to mind: low oil, overboosting, and detonation. After 4k miles, a build error wouldn't be at the top of my list.

If PF has some screwed up builds, so be it, but rampant speculation serves no purpose. Nor does allegations from folks like Joe@Sage without the facts and documentation to back it up. This community has had enough mudslinging. Got facts and data to back up a claim? Bring it. Otherwise, silence is golden .

Last edited by rcdash; 09-11-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

How is that not top of list? When is that top of list, after 30k miles? or the first 1k miles.. I mean rcdash, cmon most of us smart guys dont go hard during the first 1k miles of break in anyways.....

Not pointing fingers.. Joe@Sage said his JT motor blew too..

Last edited by Jay'Z; 09-11-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:11 PM
rcdash

Just saying we don't know. That motor's done and needs to be torn down. Even then, we may never know for sure. Chris's (Cass007's) experience (3 times!) is case and point. A built motor is not bulletproof. If it runs low on oil or coolant, or detonates, it's done. You gotta stay on top of maintenance and be vigilant about oil and coolant, monitoring temps, pressures, afr, boost, etc. These aren't OEM builds that have been tested 10,000 times over where when you fail you are a statistical outlier.

Last edited by rcdash; 09-11-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

True, most likely the teardown may not tell us *****...
Old 09-12-2009, 03:45 AM
Joe@Sage

The problem is we paid for a specific parts to be used and when V T R opened up the motor those parts were not used, heads only had springs installed, stock bearings,lots of issues. And as far as dyno #s they could not have been correct, the build was not capable of producing 670 rwhp .
Also we did have problems way before 4000 miles but P F was out of business when JT went to aam we brought the car there for another tune and issues with the clutch that was installed but it did not help much, it was a bad build. I am not going to get into a big debate with people that have no idea what went on .
I understand being in business in this economy is a tuff deal and their financial troubles lead to problems getting parts, towards the end of the build we visited PF and sent money directly to the vendor to get the kit and other parts to finish up the car.
It was wrong, place wrong time for us. We will have to try and do it again this time at the right place.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:49 AM
JZurita

Originally Posted by rcdash
Well we all know better than to point fingers before even a teardown attempt... Fact is the motor made good power and ran well for a significant period of time. Why it let go when it did is unknown but only 3 things come to mind: low oil, overboosting, and detonation. After 4k miles, a build error wouldn't be at the top of my list.

If PF has some screwed up builds, so be it, but rampant speculation serves no purpose. Nor does allegations from folks like Joe@Sage without the facts and documentation to back it up. This community has had enough mudslinging. Got facts and data to back up a claim? Bring it. Otherwise, silence is golden .
Who is pointing fingers? I'm still patiently waiting for answers. I'll remember to record vids of the tear down process.

FYI: I still have vids of my block when I first received it. And no, they are not good ones. In fact, they may very well take the builder out of the automotive performance market for a long time. Could I post the vid on this thread and let it speak for itself? Yes, but I wouldn't do that until I find out exactly what happened. There is always more to the story than you think.

Last edited by JZurita; 09-12-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:54 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Joe@Sage
The problem is we paid for a specific parts to be used and when V T R opened up the motor those parts were not used, heads only had springs installed, stock bearings,lots of issues. And as far as dyno #s they could not have been correct, the build was not capable of producing 670 rwhp .
Also we did have problems way before 4000 miles but P F was out of business when JT went to aam we brought the car there for another tune and issues with the clutch that was installed but it did not help much, it was a bad build. I am not going to get into a big debate with people that have no idea what went on .
I understand being in business in this economy is a tuff deal and their financial troubles lead to problems getting parts, towards the end of the build we visited PF and sent money directly to the vendor to get the kit and other parts to finish up the car.
It was wrong, place wrong time for us. We will have to try and do it again this time at the right place.

Good point Joe!!

Originally Posted by JZurita
Who is pointing fingers? I'm still patiently waiting for answers. I'll remember to record vids of the tear down process.

FYI: I still have vids of my block when I first received it. And no, they are not good ones. In fact, they may very well take the builder out of the automotive performance market for a long time. Could I post the vid on this thread and let it speak for itself? Yes, but I wouldn't do that until I find out exactly what happened. There is always more to the story than you think.
I am hoping for the best J!!!! I know there is more to the story and people should be exposed for whom they really are.... Especially those whom scam you for parts that are never installed (SGP Racing is famous for)

Last edited by Jay'Z; 09-12-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:35 AM
06z33

damn man, this sucks. Hope its nothing major and you just keep the car, I'd hate to see you part that out.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:38 AM
thom000001

Jzurita,
What was the setup agian, I can't remember.

Thanks
Tom
Old 09-12-2009, 07:46 AM
XKR

Raj..... They have more info than they are posting

JZ and Joe..... I hate hearing stories like this. Don't be upset with Redash... He is just speaking in general.... He and most are not aware of the info you two and some have on what went down..... But you have let some of the info out in your last post.

Out of all the bad build stories... Yours is the one I hate the most because parts you paid for was not used....I hope there is a good reason.....

Best of luck to you both

Last edited by XKR; 09-12-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:59 AM
JZurita

Originally Posted by thom000001
Jzurita,
What was the setup agian, I can't remember.

Thanks
Tom

• Built Long Block by Performance Factory, Orlando, FL

o JE "Untouchable" Dual Coated 8.8 to 1 Compression Pistons
o Eagle Rods
o HKS Head Gasket
o ARP L19s Head Studs
o ARP Main Studs
o Jim Wolf Technology C2 Cams
o Jim Wolf Technology Springs & Shims

• Greddy 18G Twin Turbo Kit
• Greddy Front Mount Intercooler
• Greddy EVO TT True Dual Exhaust
• PF 2.5” Downpipes
• CJ Motorsports Stage 2 Return Fuel System
• Deatschwerks 600cc Injectors
• Jim Wolf Technology Heavy Duty Clutch
• Jim Wolf Technology Lightweight Flywheel
• HKS EVC6 Boost Controller
• TurboXS UTEC
Old 09-12-2009, 08:18 AM
rcdash

JZurita, your posts have been spot on and factual. I didn't say anyone was pointing fingers. Nor am I pointing mine at you! In fact, I was just agreeing that we don't know the whole story. I was speaking in general as there were several posts that talked about "JT builds" in a derogatory fashion without any hard evidence. What Joe@Sage just posted appears pretty damning and perhaps a separate thread should be devoted to it where the claims are substantiated with documentation.

Last edited by rcdash; 09-12-2009 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:19 AM
thom000001

I already see a huge issue that might be tune related.....

You were making basically 600rwhp ON 18g's pump gas on 1 fuel pump and on 600cc injectors!!!!!!!

That is straight up scary. You were at/beyond the limit of the pump/injectors/(maybe turbos for pump too, but turbos is a grey area, Alberto is making a lot of power on 18g's)

Without seeing anything, based on that alone I'd say Detonation ate a piston/ring that led to rest of failure......eeekkk

Hope it all works out for you

Tom

• Built Long Block by Performance Factory, Orlando, FL

o JE "Untouchable" Dual Coated 8.8 to 1 Compression Pistons
o Eagle Rods
o HKS Head Gasket
o ARP L19s Head Studs
o ARP Main Studs
o Jim Wolf Technology C2 Cams
o Jim Wolf Technology Springs & Shims

• Greddy 18G Twin Turbo Kit
• Greddy Front Mount Intercooler
• Greddy EVO TT True Dual Exhaust
• PF 2.5” Downpipes
• CJ Motorsports Stage 2 Return Fuel System
• Deatschwerks 600cc Injectors
• Jim Wolf Technology Heavy Duty Clutch
• Jim Wolf Technology Lightweight Flywheel
• HKS EVC6 Boost Controller
• TurboXS UTEC
Old 09-12-2009, 11:48 AM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It does seem like an aweful lot of power for 600cc injectors. But that may have been achieved just for show. I am running 800cc injectors and running out of fuel but I have the AAM stage 2 auxillary pump to support the in-tank walbro. Your Walbro was working very hard to keep up for that power level.
But perhaps you were running on a lower map setting. The UTEC is very convenient in that you can change fuel/tune maps relatively easy if you have a map selector.
Any input on that John?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane