Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 01:57 PM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-26-2009, 03:22 PM
JZurita

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drum roll please.......

BLOWN CRANKSHAFT

...but yeah, vids to follow in a few days. Stay tuned.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How does that happen? Bearings all shot too, or are they intact?
Old 09-26-2009, 03:32 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

coincidence? https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...tzs-motor.html you be the judge
Old 09-26-2009, 03:47 PM
JZurita

Originally Posted by Cass007
How does that happen? Bearings all shot too, or are they intact?
I recorded the entire tear down from start to finish. You'll see.

Originally Posted by doug
I think you'll appreciate seeing what my "faulty rev-up oil pump" looks like.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:49 PM
JZurita

This day kicked my ***. I'm going to take a nap and go out tonight. I'll check back in tomorrow.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:56 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JZurita
I think you'll appreciate seeing what my "faulty rev-up oil pump" looks like.
btw.. when that thread was created.. that was the 3rd Motor that spun a rod bearing.. 2 for Chris.. 1 for Craig... and thats all i 'KNOW' about..
Old 09-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Wow.... Cant wait to see the teardown vid...
Old 09-26-2009, 06:04 PM
XKR

Ohhh Boyyy I remember that
Old 09-26-2009, 07:17 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

btw.. when that thread was created.. that was the 3rd Motor that spun a rod bearing.. 2 for Chris.. 1 for Craig... and thats all i 'KNOW' about..
Old 09-27-2009, 03:31 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Just to be clear here - this Chris is not me, this is maximumsportz - his youtube beatdown vids gave me the direction for what I wanted to do with my car
Old 09-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Any vid yet J? Pics?
Old 09-28-2009, 08:41 AM
JZurita

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Any vid yet J? Pics?
I'm going to have to edit the vid, as I have over 60 minutes of footage. I'll get on it tonight. I'm going to post something in a few minutes though. A little throwback for everyone to enjoy...
Old 09-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

waiting for the WIN
Old 09-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

60 minutes is fine, I'm sure most of us can find the time to watch.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:42 AM
JZurita

Okay, after seeing the BS I saw on Saturday, I’ve decided to post the story behind my build, going back to 2007. So here it goes; No sugar-coating, no exaggeration, nothing. Everything happened JUST like this:

Fall of 2007 I decided to get rid of my JWT setup and go built w/ Greddy TT's. I was referred to a thread created by Mr. Tibbs where he offered a great deal on built blocks, shipped to your door. The plan was to have the block shipped to a local performance shop and get it installed and tuned there while I was away for the holidays. The shop I was dealing with at the time was "The Shop" in Norwalk, CT.

On 12/2007, the block was delivered to "The Shop" and the following day I went on vacation for two weeks. When I got back I was anxious to see how the build had gone and called them. Almost a week passed and I had yet to receive a call back, so I drove there unannounced to check out the build. I was shocked to see my car sitting in the corner of the lot, surrounded by snow, and motorless. I could tell it had been left there for days.

I spoke to Jimmy (the owner) and he tells me that the JT block looked like it was a rebuilt motor and he refused to let my car leave with it installed. Then he shows me the block and I proceed to record a vid (as seen below).

Jimmy calls JT and goes in the other room to have a manager-o-manager chit chat. After all the yelling, Jimmy hands me the phone and I talk to JT about the issue. JT claims that he did not ship the motor in the condition Jimmy described and that he single-handedly built it.

After showing JT the vid, the story changed a bit and it turned into one of his techs screwing up the build and not getting it "cleaned" properly. JT assured me that the block was fine, that it was the strongest running block he had ever built, and that I should just install it. There was also scraps of metal found in the oil pan. When I asked about it, JT told me that he just threw the pan on there, but that it didn’t come from the same block.

Okay, at this point you're probably thinking, WHY THE *** DIDN'T YOU SHIP IT BACK TO JT!? Well, I would have been 100% on "The Shop's" side if it weren't for the fact that they never returned any of my calls, pulled the motor out before checking the one coming in, AND tried to up sell me on getting my build done there. I also started hearing horror stories about "The Shop", including Randy's nightmare. For all I knew, they could have easily installed the block while I was gone, blown in up, and uninstalled it before I got back from vacation. That would explain why my car was motorless, the unreturned calls, and the refusal to install the block.

At this point I didn't know who to believe, as both shops were pointing fingers at each other. "The Shop" was absolutely no help. They never returned ANY of my calls and were purposely very unhelpful with the entire situation. It was either I pay them to rebuild the motor, or nothing. JT on the other hand offered to pay to get my car shipped to him and assured me that he would take care of everything. At the time all this happened, Performance Factory was doing great and I heard nothing but good feedback from everyone that went to JT. So I, of course decided to accept JT's offer and had my car shipped to him.

"The Shop" was pissed, to say the least. Now I wish I had just returned the block as soon as I received it. Unfortunately, thanks to great marketing and misinformation on the forums, here I stand.

For your enjoyment, here is the long-lost tape. And yes, the tear-down vid is worse.

<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v3.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=28iyla8&s=3"><br><font size="1"><a href="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=28iyla8&s=3">Original Video</a> - More videos at <a href="http://tinypic.com">TinyPic</a></font>
Old 09-28-2009, 12:07 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

^^

that video is of the build engine?...wow!

i mean easy to see the signs of fail now.... and sad that the marketing and misinformation by nuthuggers...turns out that some of them ended up being quite vocal now about their troubles NOW, like with curtis...

is there another post after this? seems like we are still in dec 2007 at the end
Old 09-28-2009, 12:13 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
^^

that video is of the build engine?...wow!

i mean easy to see the signs of fail now.... and sad that the marketing and misinformation by nuthuggers...turns out that some of them ended up being quite vocal now about their troubles NOW, like with curtis...

is there another post after this? seems like we are still in dec 2007 at the end
We need to start a thread of all the shops on here...The good the bad and so on. This is sad to see !!! This should NEVER happen in this community again.

JZ....sorry to see what happened to you man.....Thanks for the Acorn video....this is good for the community to see

Last edited by XKR; 09-28-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:51 PM
thom000001

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!

From the vid I do not believe this was a motor that was not run before....looks completely beat up in fact....

So either you got a hunk of crap motor, or like you said, the shop installed it and popped it themselves.

I'm willing to bet my motor right now with 10k miles of heavy boosting looks better inside and out than that thing!!!!!!

There is so much fresh oil, that motor was run recently before that vid was made (by recently I mean in the previous few days)

tom

Originally Posted by JZurita
Okay, after seeing the BS I saw on Saturday, I’ve decided to post the story behind my build, going back to 2007. So here it goes; No sugar-coating, no exaggeration, nothing. Everything happened JUST like this:

Fall of 2007 I decided to get rid of my JWT setup and go built w/ Greddy TT's. I was referred to a thread created by Mr. Tibbs where he offered a great deal on built blocks, shipped to your door. The plan was to have the block shipped to a local performance shop and get it installed and tuned there while I was away for the holidays. The shop I was dealing with at the time was "The Shop" in Norwalk, CT.

On 12/2007, the block was delivered to "The Shop" and the following day I went on vacation for two weeks. When I got back I was anxious to see how the build had gone and called them. Almost a week passed and I had yet to receive a call back, so I drove there unannounced to check out the build. I was shocked to see my car sitting in the corner of the lot, surrounded by snow, and motorless. I could tell it had been left there for days.

I spoke to Jimmy (the owner) and he tells me that the JT block looked like it was a rebuilt motor and he refused to let my car leave with it installed. Then he shows me the block and I proceed to record a vid (as seen below).

Jimmy calls JT and goes in the other room to have a manager-o-manager chit chat. After all the yelling, Jimmy hands me the phone and I talk to JT about the issue. JT claims that he did not ship the motor in the condition Jimmy described and that he single-handedly built it.

After showing JT the vid, the story changed a bit and it turned into one of his techs screwing up the build and not getting it "cleaned" properly. JT assured me that the block was fine, that it was the strongest running block he had ever built, and that I should just install it. There was also scraps of metal found in the oil pan. When I asked about it, JT told me that he just threw the pan on there, but that it didn’t come from the same block.

Okay, at this point you're probably thinking, WHY THE *** DIDN'T YOU SHIP IT BACK TO JT!? Well, I would have been 100% on "The Shop's" side if it weren't for the fact that they never returned any of my calls, pulled the motor out before checking the one coming in, AND tried to up sell me on getting my build done there. I also started hearing horror stories about "The Shop", including Randy's nightmare. For all I knew, they could have easily installed the block while I was gone, blown in up, and uninstalled it before I got back from vacation. That would explain why my car was motorless, the unreturned calls, and the refusal to install the block.

At this point I didn't know who to believe, as both shops were pointing fingers at each other. "The Shop" was absolutely no help. They never returned ANY of my calls and were purposely very unhelpful with the entire situation. It was either I pay them to rebuild the motor, or nothing. JT on the other hand offered to pay to get my car shipped to him and assured me that he would take care of everything. At the time all this happened, Performance Factory was doing great and I heard nothing but good feedback from everyone that went to JT. So I, of course decided to accept JT's offer and had my car shipped to him.

"The Shop" was pissed, to say the least. Now I wish I had just returned the block as soon as I received it. Unfortunately, thanks to great marketing and misinformation on the forums, here I stand.

For your enjoyment, here is the long-lost tape. And yes, the tear-down vid is worse.

<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v3.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=28iyla8&s=3"><br><font size="1"><a href="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=28iyla8&s=3">Original Video</a> - More videos at <a href="http://tinypic.com">TinyPic</a></font>
Old 09-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

- I thought the old vid would be full of WIN. Unfortunately, it is not and I am VERY familiar with what I saw in that vid. The flecks of metal in the pan that look like gold are copper from the bearings. You are 100% correct that the motor was either delivered in used condition, most likely rebilt after being blown up or "The Shop" installed the motor and spun a bearing shortly after. It would be almost impossible to tell what happened without you having inspected the motor upon initial delivery.

The hunks of metal in the pickup screen are truely alarming. I would expect to have seen pistons missing chunks or rings missing with all that material in there . Was a full teardown done, or was the block just shipped like that to PF?

Quick Reply: Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane