Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 06:33 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

P.S. this was the drama that some forum members from the southern region of the united states said that mods (me) part take in. Now imagine if I didnt open up this closed thread for John would any of us know what happened. Im tired of things getting covered up or swept away on this site.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:35 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by r0mey
mike you start this thread as the OP since you are well known Ill sticky it
OK....Its posted....thanks Romey
Old 09-28-2009, 06:36 PM
JuniorGTS

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
So why is there carbon on the pistons, and carbon on the exhaust ports if this is a new engine?
That is what I said..
Old 09-28-2009, 06:44 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Jon i gotta say.. i don't know if its because you're in insurance.. but you keep impecable records... and had you not done that.. no one would have believed you.. and it would have just been another 'attack' on JT .. its one thing to take video of the current breakdown.. but you had video of when you got the motor from JT.. thats impressive.. i tell you i would have never thought of doing that.. that evidence alone maybe enough to get money back for this motor.. maybe coach or terry can chime in on the legal standpoint
Old 09-28-2009, 06:48 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by r0mey
P.S. this was the drama that some forum members from the southern region of the united states said that mods (me) part take in. Now imagine if I didnt open up this closed thread for John would any of us know what happened. Im tired of things getting covered up or swept away on this site.
Its getting crazy in here with all the SGP/RA type rappage Look at the question that Sharif asked....How could a new build have so much carbon build up COuld it be the wrong motor was sent Could it
Old 09-28-2009, 06:54 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
Jon i gotta say.. i don't know if its because you're in insurance.. but you keep impecable records... and had you not done that.. no one would have believed you.. and it would have just been another 'attack' on JT .. its one thing to take video of the current breakdown.. but you had video of when you got the motor from JT.. thats impressive.. i tell you i would have never thought of doing that.. that evidence alone maybe enough to get money back for this motor.. maybe coach or terry can chime in on the legal standpoint

but why would coach have anything to say? ...+1 on what terry can say though
Old 09-28-2009, 07:05 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by XKR
Its getting crazy in here with all the SGP/RA type rappage Look at the question that Sharif asked....How could a new build have so much carbon build up COuld it be the wrong motor was sent Could it
Like I said shouts to that member who called me out in previous thread about why a southeastern united states shop closed up.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:55 PM
JZurita

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
So why is there carbon on the pistons, and carbon on the exhaust ports if this is a new engine?
Exactly.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Chudson coupe

I was there for the teardown of the engine on saturday. It looks like the main cause was due to lack of oil. All bearings were burnt, as well as the bearings on the cams, and the cam shafts were slightly damaged as well. There were also no balance marks (other than factory) on the crank shaft. So the combination of the lack of oil and unbalanced crank led to the crank breaking just to the rear of the 3rd main bearing.

We pulled the oil pump, turned by hand, and it did pump some oil. We then noticed wrench marks on the bolt that holds the spring in, so someone must have been in there before. We expected to see some shims (although not needed b/c the rev up pump makes great oil pressure anyway), and instead of nice flat shims, there were two lock washers on top of the spring being used as shims. Why would you ever use a lock washer as a shim? This must have caused the oil pump not to work properly and starved the engine for oil.

We also found coolant on the heads under valve covers. Even under the sealed bearings of the cam shafts. Which most likely means leaky HKS head gaskets.

The JWT cams look like they can be polished up and salvaged, John needs a new crank shaft, main bearings, and cam shaft bearings. Due to the broken crank, one piston struck the bottom of the head, but it looks like no damage was done. So hopefully its back up and running soon.

Last edited by Chudson coupe; 09-28-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by JuniorGTS
That is what I said..
Who are you? 1 post after 2yrs.. Fishy..

This sucks for John! Curious about the new engine video..... I also think your a genious for recording the video!

Last edited by Jay'Z; 09-28-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:00 PM
JZurita

Originally Posted by Jay'Z

This sucks for John! Curious about the new engine video..... I also think your a genious for recording the video!
I think he is the tuner that was supposed to tune the car for me @ The Shop.

Is that you, man?
Old 09-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

tru wtf..seeing his name, I guess it could be Junior. He is the tuner at " The Shop " ( if thats him )

Sorry to hear Jon, hopefully your red beast is back up on the road soon!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:41 PM
weelman1

I was there when PF finished this Beautiful car & I also noticed cris max car on the lift, along with a few other members cars. My wife & I had a long chat with the PF guys & they seemed to be stand up people. My local "machinest" dropped the ball & after visiting this shop we were convinced to have them (PF) build my motor. By the time I got the short block from my sad azz machinest to ship to PF, PF had closed it's doors for good Ohwell maybe I lucked up

I sure as hell hope the current shop will build you a "real" engine.
Best of luck to you.

Last edited by weelman1; 09-28-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:32 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Vas@Extended
tru wtf..seeing his name, I guess it could be Junior. He is the tuner at " The Shop " ( if thats him )

Sorry to hear Jon, hopefully your red beast is back up on the road soon!
im pretty safe in saying with the name junior its junior from the shop
Old 09-29-2009, 02:28 AM
doug

its Jr from the shop... he lives in NJ
Old 09-29-2009, 05:08 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

I dont think Coach or JT will ever comment on this...
Old 09-29-2009, 05:33 AM
JZurita

Originally Posted by doug
its Jr from the shop... he lives in NJ
You're right, he does. It's great to have another person here to confirm the vid is real.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:44 AM
XKR

CoachK might comment.....All this happened PRE CoachK.....I am 100% sure that he would not allow this kind of BS to come out of his shop...its his name on the line now..not JT's.....

All this BS is on JT only.....he alone needs to deal with it. If it were not for CoachK....more stories would be plastered all over this website.

Last edited by XKR; 09-29-2009 at 05:47 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:25 AM
doug

Originally Posted by XKR
CoachK might comment.....All this happened PRE CoachK.....I am 100% sure that he would not allow this kind of BS to come out of his shop...its his name on the line now..not JT's.....

All this BS is on JT only.....he alone needs to deal with it. If it were not for CoachK....more stories would be plastered all over this website.
i don't think he meant before Coach and JT started a shop.. i think he meant how Coach always believed in JT and always thought we were ganging up on JT

and you're right.. alot of times i calmed down and kept my mouth shut in respect for coach
Old 09-29-2009, 06:29 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhaps... But I'm kinda surprised that we've heard nothing but crickets from the usual group of JT supporters AKA the Performance Sactory. Those guys used to gang up on unsatisfied customers and naysayers with the quickness. Where are they now?

Quick Reply: Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane