Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Injected Performance does their first Procharger, Dyno Graphs inside!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 04:02 AM
SweetDreamZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injected Performance does their first Procharger, Dyno Graphs inside!!

Hey guys...just thought i'd update the status of my car. She's been under the knife the past few weeks...and just got buttoned up these past couple days. Mods are:

- Procharger running 9psi pulleys
- Walbro (no return fuel system)
- 600cc injectors
- Haltech
- Motordyne 5/16 spacer
- HKS Hi Power Ti
- AAM HFCs
- Dual WBs
- Probably more...but that's close enough

So, first off. I have to give MAJOR props to Injected Performance. Some of the BEST customer service I have ever dealt with in my life. Prior to going down, I called Hal (my tuner) on his personal cell...way too many times. Never once did he complain, in fact he was more than willing to help every time. Greg, the owner, I bugged him for new invoices about every other hour for a few days there. Anyways, they were all way cool about everything. They let me look over their shoulder while they were working on the car taking time to answer (thoroughly) any questions I had about what was going on. And to top it off, if you need parts...make sure you get a quote from them. VERY FAIR on the prices.

Ok, moving on to the good stuff. They run a Dyno Dynamics....aka the heartbreaker. So...going down, I had baselined my car (bone stock) at 235rwhp(dynojet)...and was pretty much hoping for high 300's but expecting maybe 350. After talking to them...my hopes were crushed even BEFORE putting it on the dyno cuz no one was really expecting much more than 235 or so.

Here is a run, with EVERYTHING on my car...but NOT driving the supercharger (this run was fairly heatsoaked, so it may be an exageration of how low the stock hp is):
Attached Thumbnails Injected Performance does their first Procharger, Dyno Graphs inside!!-stock-with-heatsoak.jpg  
Old 07-10-2008, 04:04 AM
SweetDreamZ

and now....here is what we all wanted to see...the final numbers.

Issues: we did run into some belt slippage...but it was the serpentine belt, so all we had to do was tighten it up some, and it was fine. Other than that, Hal just worked his magic to produce the final numbers. To all those procharger haters...so far, i'm pretty impressed. This "bottom feeder" put some pretty nice numbers on the board!!!
Attached Thumbnails Injected Performance does their first Procharger, Dyno Graphs inside!!-best-pull.jpg  
Old 07-10-2008, 04:05 AM
SweetDreamZ

and here is a chart with an overlay of the stock pull vs the best pull....

I will be hopefully posting (or maybe somebody from injected can) the dyno sheets showing torque here in a little bit.
Attached Thumbnails Injected Performance does their first Procharger, Dyno Graphs inside!!-overlay.jpg  
Old 07-10-2008, 04:08 AM
SweetDreamZ

a couple vids can be found in this thread:

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/370180-showing-off-hks-hi-power-vid.html

the first two are before the supercharger, and then a few posts later, you'll see the ones WITH the supercharger.

The car runs awesome. Drives very much like stock...just alot faster. The linear boost curve makes the car literally feel like it's stock...but just on steroids. I love it. Of course, I already want more power...but this should tie me over for a while at least. Then it's back to injected to get a built motor and maybe some high horsepower twins setup or something!?

THANKS INJECTED!!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 05:39 AM
SweetDreamZ

just bumping it to the top....showin off the procharger potential
Old 07-10-2008, 05:47 AM
singh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Nice numbers. Take it to the track and see how fast it really is!

May I suggest posting your thread in the appropriate sub-forum:
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction-182/
Old 07-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great gains, enjoy the car...
Old 07-10-2008, 06:30 AM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z
Nice numbers. Take it to the track and see how fast it really is!

May I suggest posting your thread in the appropriate sub-forum:
https://my350z.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182

thanks...yeah, i hope to get it out there at some point...need new rubber first tho!!

and yeah, wasn't sure where to put it...FI or tuning? so i just went up one level to cover them all Mod's....feel free to move if need be
Old 07-10-2008, 06:32 AM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by Alberto
Great gains, enjoy the car...

I am so far...I already want more though. I just gotta make this tie me over for a couple years (hopefully) and then i'll go more extreme. But this is definitely a blast to drive...and very streetable!!
Old 07-10-2008, 06:47 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Austin, it was a pleasure meeting you and your fiance. I'm glad to hear you are happy and made it home safely.

To everyone else, I was the one expecting 330ish whp from this setup, and was impressed with the power the procharger makes. The final product comes out so nice when people do things the right way: boost, good injectors, good ems, tuned, etc. This car starts, idles and drives beautifully! Also, the dual wide bands are definitely a nice feature and integrate nicely with the Haltech's bank-specific o2 correction.

Here is the hp/tq chart:
Old 07-10-2008, 07:28 AM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
Austin, it was a pleasure meeting you and your fiance. I'm glad to hear you are happy and made it home safely.

To everyone else, I was the one expecting 330ish whp from this setup, and was impressed with the power the procharger makes. The final product comes out so nice when people do things the right way: boost, good injectors, good ems, tuned, etc. This car starts, idles and drives beautifully! Also, the dual wide bands are definitely a nice feature and integrate nicely with the Haltech's bank-specific o2 correction.

thanks Hal!!! So far, this haltech has literally made my car act like it's from the factory. No startup issues...be it hot OR cold. Just perfect driveability...from cruise control to hard pulls...nothing impacted except performance!!

Thanks again!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very cool !! good job guys.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:31 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice and welcome to club booooost.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:03 AM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Very nice and welcome to club booooost.

so far, i'm loving the club...it's an addicition. I haven't been able to work today. All I wanna do is go drive!!!! Can't wait to get some miles on this kit!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 02:45 PM
SweetDreamZ

well, all the money was worth it On the way home today...a C6 corvette (with at least an exhaust and cam...not sure what else) must have heard my supercharger whining. we pulled up to a light...i heard him inching as we waited for green...so I went ahead and launched off the line...as did he. I pulled away immediately...it was a short pull...1st, 2nd, and a blip of third...but i never saw him creeping in on me. I got the pissed off WTF glance from him as he drove by at the next light
Old 07-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice numbers bro!! Great tune and ems make a huge difference .. I love my procharger too....
Old 07-11-2008, 05:52 AM
wongy

Smile

Originally Posted by SweetDreamZ
So, first off. I have to give MAJOR props to Injected Performance. Some of the BEST customer service I have ever dealt with in my life. Prior to going down, I called Hal (my tuner) on his personal cell...way too many times. Never once did he complain, in fact he was more than willing to help every time. Greg, the owner, I bugged him for new invoices about every other hour for a few days there.
i could not agree anymore, greg has to deal with me calling him long distance at all times of the day all the time. congrats on your new found power. Enjoy it
Old 07-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Blackbird CPV35

great shop and they also have a keen sense for great vietnamese food!
Old 07-12-2008, 05:32 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by SweetDreamZ
well, all the money was worth it On the way home today...a C6 corvette (with at least an exhaust and cam...not sure what else) must have heard my supercharger whining. we pulled up to a light...i heard him inching as we waited for green...so I went ahead and launched off the line...as did he. I pulled away immediately...it was a short pull...1st, 2nd, and a blip of third...but i never saw him creeping in on me. I got the pissed off WTF glance from him as he drove by at the next light
Street racing is illegal and in some cases warrant the death penalty! Please no street racing. Excellent setup and congrats on the numberz! Glad you put the C6 in its place
Old 07-12-2008, 06:02 PM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by turismo
Street racing is illegal and in some cases warrant the death penalty! Please no street racing. Excellent setup and congrats on the numberz! Glad you put the C6 in its place

did i say we were on the street...of course i meant we were on the track

in all honesty tho...it wasn't an all out war...just a fairly low speed thing. And yeah, it was great lettin him know what's up like that!!