Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Check out what we've been up to... One pic says it all.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 06:50 AM
technowizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S&R Performance
the work has been done for quite some time and I'm very surprised that you don't mention that the hold up has been that the cams that you have wanted have been on back order for Months with no projected ETA. That's kind of important. I told you that we were moving ahead so it's not just sitting on an engine stand while we wait and we did just that. It's not our fault that a part from the other side of the world is available. I emailed you this morning, too.
Just plain wow...

Ok I will mention that the holdup is on a set of cams that is now backordered. Why don't you finish the story there Marti?! Could it be that you guys sat on my car for over a month after receiving it, and then tried installing non-REVUP cams into a REVUP motor? Could it also be that when you guys discovered that those parts wouldn't work you all decided to just finish assembling and installing the engine with stock cams without my authorization? Could it also be that S&R waited nearly a month after all this to tell me that this is what took place (by this I mean Bobby actually giving me a call and telling me, not you)? Lastly, might it be that the cams that are holding things up are the only cams your shop recommends for my build??? Now that's kind of important to mention, don't you think?!?!

So yes, I guess if you completely disregard that S&R Performance waited 3 months from the time I placed my order (part went backordered a month after placing said build order) and made my initial $14,000 down payment; then yes I can see it not being your fault! It MUST therefore be my fault as the paying customer for wanting to go with what YOU sold me on in your pitch!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:58 AM
S&R Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by technowizard
Just plain wow...

Ok I will mention that the holdup is on a set of cams that is now backordered. Why don't you finish the story there Marti?! Could it be that you guys sat on my car for over a month after receiving it, and then tried installing non-REVUP cams into a REVUP motor? Could it also be that when you guys discovered that those parts wouldn't work you all decided to just finish assembling and installing the engine with stock cams without my authorization? Could it also be that S&R waited nearly a month after all this to tell me that this is what took place (by this I mean Bobby actually giving me a call and telling me, not you)? Lastly, might it be that the cams that are holding things up are the only cams your shop recommends for my build??? Now that's kind of important to mention, don't you think?!?!

So yes, I guess if you completely disregard that S&R Performance waited 3 months from the time I placed my order (part went backordered a month after placing said build order) and made my initial $14,000 down payment; then yes I can see it not being your fault! It MUST therefore be my fault as the paying customer for wanting to go with what YOU sold me on in your pitch!!!
I'm not going to get into this online, man. I told you months ago that our guy even suggested we skip the cams and that we were going to make great power with out them and we already have. Like I said, I'm not going to get involved in an online pissing match, I emailed you this morning with my reply from the cam manufacturer.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:14 AM
technowizard

Originally Posted by S&R Performance
Like I said, I'm not going to get involved in an online pissing match
Pissing match??? There's no pissing match here buddy... I'm your damn customer, not some random guy that has some sort of difference of opinion with you ya jack@$$!!! I'm too tired to deal with this today, but have Bobby call me tomorrow afternoon PST. We're through!
Old 03-29-2012, 12:20 AM
nismofreak1208

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not trying to get involved with whats goin on but is it feasible to add the Sound performance quick spool valve to help the long boost buildup? Still doing my homework before i pull the trigger and ship my Z.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Bo's350Z

Sorry to hear that TechnoWizard, I hope you get your car soon man.

Last edited by Bo's350Z; 04-19-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:47 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bo's350Z
Sorry to hear that TechnoWizard, I hope you get your car soon man.
Techno Wizard you get your car back yet brah?

I was talking to my friend about this kit...so did it actually go into production or was it something that was just tried on one car to see if it would work? Any videos of the car with this kit?
Old 09-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Jonnoh

well he hasnt updated his sig if he has

its funny I found this thread from S&R's front page looking for more info on this single setup Ive heard a lot about. Lookin more like Im gonna go the supercharged route.