Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

help finishing my turbo project

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 06:07 PM
Speednz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help finishing my turbo project

hi im brian and im new to forums. ill give you all a little background info. i have a 03 touring with 60k on it and i decided to turbo it a while back. i lost my liscense due to a ticket going 120 in a 45 so i have 2 months to finish putting it on ive already got all that i think i need except for my down pipes and header which i will be attempting to bend and cut myself. im only 16 but i have a lift and welder and everything i think i need to put it on. heres a list of the things i have:

A/R. 50 t3/t4 hybrid turbo with internal wastegate
intercooler and piping (installed)
walbro 255 lph fuel pump (installed)
43.5 (550cc) injectors (installed)
greddy type rs bov (already welded to my intake pipe)
all my gauges and pod (installed)
baby turbo timer (installed)
oil catch can (trying to figure out how to have it and not loose boost)
manual boost controller
oil sandwich plate with adapters
all stainless braided turbo oil lines
carbon fiber dash kit for that extra 5psi
revo short throw shifter (hate how hard it is to shift)

so am i missing anything major that i cant run down to the hardware store and get?

other than my headers and down pipe which leads me to my final question.. the down pipe should be hard but the headers.. is it possible that i can take my stock header off and just use a plasma cutter and cut the flange off and weld on my new flange? and should i just use one header since its just one turbo or should i join the headers with a short y pipe and run it back up to my turbo for more boost? oh and my turbos internal wastegate is pre set at 8 psi and that's all im wanting to have at first.

and its really hard to get this turbo to fit where my stock airbox was... its huge.
Attached Thumbnails help finishing my turbo project-img_4069.jpg   help finishing my turbo project-img_4070.jpg   help finishing my turbo project-img_4071.jpg   help finishing my turbo project-img_4072.jpg   help finishing my turbo project-img_4073.jpg  

Old 03-30-2013, 08:01 PM
b18ccivics

I hope you have your turbo just sitting there in the pics and not mounted that way. It will not drain........
Old 03-30-2013, 08:03 PM
Speednz

Hahah yea it's not hooked up yet I just sat it there to take a picture
Old 03-30-2013, 09:09 PM
jomamahama

inb4
"you're too young to have a z"
"how much do your parents pay for your insurance"
"you're going to kill yourself b/c your Z has no traction/VDC"
etc
Old 03-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Speednz

1. I have had 7 cars. I buy and sell them. I've had mustangs and camaros with 350s in them. I think I can handle a Z
2. Excuse me but I pay for my own insurance and I paid for my car 100% with my own money. Cash Down I've been working since I was 12 to have enough money for these cars. So don't act like I'm spoiled.
3. I believe I said its the touring model... Which has VDC. I have drag raced, circle track raced and auto cross raced.
Thanks for your input though!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:39 PM
TempestZ

Your "huge" .50 a/r turbo is too big... not gonna work...
Old 03-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Speednz

Are you saying it won't fit?
Old 03-31-2013, 06:07 AM
grimm66

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'am surprised this thread isn't 6 pages of flame already.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:14 AM
Speednz

I was expecting that.. I was just wanting a couple questions answered
Old 03-31-2013, 11:00 AM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by grimm66
I'am surprised this thread isn't 6 pages of flame already.
It's in the wrong section and the questions and story are beyond ridiculous. No one will help
Old 03-31-2013, 11:08 AM
Speednz

It's in the right section and I just asked a damn question. Sorry I ever joined this forum.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:27 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

no your retarded its not in the correct section, this section is for shop builds hence the title "shop builds"

you already lost your license at 16 for doing 120 in a 45 and posting on a forum that is very anti street racing, no one is going to help you until you grow up and mature instead of being a inconsiderate dick on the street. frankly your parents should drown you then if you manage to survive and they decide for whatever god awful reason you still deserve a car(hint you dont jack ***) then they should take the z and give you a smart car, at least then one of you would be smart(hint its the car not you)

the turbo isnt huge, not even close its tiny, good luck getting even 400 out of that piece of ebay junk i hope it explodes at idle while your staring at it mount it like you have it set in the picture please it will be fine.

the information is out there your just too damn stupid to find it, thats also why you lost your license

you have no idea what your doing in addition to having no idea how to drive, your in over your head and if you have to ask such simple questions it is impossible for you to complete such a project.

lol at 350 mustang and camaros, please tell me what mustangs come with a 350? either way a 350 isnt even close to fast without modifications, which if they had them you wouldnt need to ask the questions your asking, in fact at absolute best with some basic bolt ons your going to be around the same power as the z mayby a tiny bit more.

cliff notes, your a idiot, sell your car and learn to drive, go the hell away because your kind isnt accepted in the FI section.
Originally Posted by Speednz
It's in the right section and I just asked a damn question. Sorry I ever joined this forum.

Last edited by jerryd87; 03-31-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:58 PM
Speednz

Hmm we'll since its a forced induction question I'm betting it belongs here.
And hey *** hole you don't get it. I don't have parents so shut the **** up. I basically live with my friends because of the home I was raised in. That's why I raised and bought all my cars myself.

And it's a garret **** head

I know how to drive better than you. And I said mustangs and a Camaro with a 350 idiot. And you don't believe me? Want pictures of it dick head? I started at 14 with a 78 f150 with a 460 big block, then got a 77 Camaro with a crate 350 and a turbo trans with shift kit, then 04 mustang then 05 mustang, then 02 stang and now my Z.

Cliff notes, your the kind of ****er that nobody likes and is jealous of everybody that has anything more than you. You and your enthusiast piece of **** get off here and go suck some more dick
Old 03-31-2013, 01:06 PM
TempestZ

Originally Posted by jerryd87
the turbo isnt huge, not even close its tiny, good luck getting even 400 out of that piece of ebay junk i hope it explodes at idle while your staring at it mount it like you have it set in the picture please it will be fine
OP didn't catch my sarcasm glad someone did..

(I started at 14 with a 78 f150 with a 460 big block,)-1 (then got a 77 Camaro with a crate 350 and a turbo trans with shift kit,)-2 (then 04 mustang)-3 (then 05 mustang,)-4 (then 02 stang)-5 (and now my Z.)-6

Hmmm... I only count six, thought you said 7... sounds like you need to pay more attention in school and stop worrying about this "turbo build"

Last edited by TempestZ; 03-31-2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: didn't want to repost
Old 03-31-2013, 01:11 PM
jerryd87

and this is why no one is going to help your stupid ***, read the damn title of this section is SHOP BUILDS this is specifically for shop projects to be posted in, question on FI belong in the general FI forum not shop builds where you posted **** in. if you have no parents you should be in the custody of the state so your full of ****. your the typical ****ing punk *** 16 year old, you couldnt drive better then me if i where asleep.

no you dint you specifically said you have driven mustangs and camaros with 350s in them let me refresh your memory **** stain
1. I have had 7 cars. I buy and sell them. I've had mustangs and camaros with 350s in them. I think I can handle a Z
no one likes huh? thats why i have people who come to me for help with any of there cars and people pay me to work on theres right? because no one likes me? you also dont have **** more then me you might wanna check some damn facts ive got a dyno of my z at 600 hp on low boost, do you? dint think so. ive got more in my engine and engine management then you do in your whole car and parts and thats not even counting what i would charge someone if i where doing the work for someone.

bottom line is my response is the best your going to get here. the only reason the other FI regulars arnt bitching at you is because you thought you could avoid them by posting in the shop section. the people who can help you though are going to treat your stupid *** the same way i am. dont like it? then dont post and go away no one will give a ****.

oh yah i bet because you have a model with a couple more options you think your soo cool huh go ahead see how much that vdc helps you especially after its twisted around a tree because your stupid as ****.
Hmm we'll since its a forced induction question I'm betting it belongs here.
And hey *** hole you don't get it. I don't have parents so shut the **** up. I basically live with my friends because of the home I was raised in. That's why I raised and bought all my cars myself.

And it's a garret **** head

I know how to drive better than you. And I said mustangs and a Camaro with a 350 idiot. And you don't believe me? Want pictures of it dick head? I started at 14 with a 78 f150 with a 460 big block, then got a 77 Camaro with a crate 350 and a turbo trans with shift kit, then 04 mustang then 05 mustang, then 02 stang and now my Z.

Cliff notes, your the kind of ****er that nobody likes and is jealous of everybody that has anything more than you. You and your enthusiast piece of **** get off here and go suck some more dick
Old 03-31-2013, 01:15 PM
jerryd87

its because hes the typical know it all 16 year old that dosnt know **** but thinks hes gods gift to man, perfect example is his comment about my "enthusiast piece of ****" LAWL exactly why we hate his kind in the FI section 2 seconds of searching and he would know i forgot more then he knows about cars and realize im one of the best people who COULD help him on the forums........... which its pretty obvious im not, nor is anyone else who COULD help him. but then again he probably dosnt understand what a search button is

he would also realize that the modz only let these threads run a day or two so the regular FI members can get some amusement out of them and insult/scare off the idiots before they lock them and if we dint help the 100000000 idiots just like him that came before him, chances are he isnt going to get any help either.

insanity is doing the same thing over and over again(or in this case the same thing as all the other idiots) and expecting a different result
Originally Posted by TempestZ
OP didn't catch my sarcasm glad someone did..

Last edited by jerryd87; 03-31-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:20 PM
Speednz

Then why are you still posting? I mean damn just leave already.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:38 PM
jomamahama

Code:
           ,`.
          ,'` |        _.-.
         ,`   |      ,',' /
         :    |    ,','  ;
          \   :   / /   /
           \   `.' (  ,'
          ,''     _  `.
        ,'      (o_)  `\