Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Pop charger filter/venturi question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 06:21 PM
the rook

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Pop charger filter/venturi question.

I try not to ask stupid questions and I exhaust Google before I hit up the forum. But I apparently am not asking the right thing.
So here it goes.......
I wanted to buy a jwt pop charger but the filter is blue. I have read that only that filter fits the venturi that gives the pop charger it's desired effect.
Is there another type of filter (preferably red or black) that fits the pop charger?
I hate to start this thread but I'll be pissed if I'm stuck with a blue filter or if I have to "customize" something to fit.
If there's nothing to fit then I'll just get the rc2 short ram and box. Although I'm not sure how much better the jwt would sound. I believe that venturi is what creates the turbulence that produces the signature sound and desired effect.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:16 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,101 Likes on 6,557 Posts

you could get the outside diameter of the piping, go over to k&n website and see which of them have the same neck size.

r2c uses a dry filter which is kinda nice
Old 08-29-2016, 03:23 AM
the rook

Originally Posted by travlee
you could get the outside diameter of the piping, go over to k&n website and see which of them have the same neck size.

r2c uses a dry filter which is kinda nice
We'll after reading that I feel like a retard. Lol. Excellent idea and thanks so much.
I think I'm gonna try the jwt just because it has that sound to it. I have 3 cleaner/oil kits in the garage. May as well use em' !!!!
Old 08-29-2016, 05:04 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

I had a jwt pop charger (well actually still have it sitting in the basement) and I ended up picking up a dc sport short ram intake (only like $15 more) and other then it not coming with the jeat shield I would 100% recommend that over the pop charger... I forget what color the filter that came with it is but its a 3 inch pipe so any 3 inch filter works.. ( I use a aem dry flow I had laying around )

I liked the pop charger but I couldn't get over the fact that its all the pipes pieced together and still using the oem tube with those flex rings in it...

Anyways just a suggestion.

Also my jwt has more of a red colored filter

Old 08-29-2016, 06:40 AM
the rook

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
I had a jwt pop charger (well actually still have it sitting in the basement) and I ended up picking up a dc sport short ram intake (only like $15 more) and other then it not coming with the jeat shield I would 100% recommend that over the pop charger... I forget what color the filter that came with it is but its a 3 inch pipe so any 3 inch filter works.. ( I use a aem dry flow I had laying around )

I liked the pop charger but I couldn't get over the fact that its all the pipes pieced together and still using the oem tube with those flex rings in it...

Anyways just a suggestion.

Also my jwt has more of a red colored filter

I prefer the heat shield but dcsports makes excellent products Imo. I am strongly considering their exhaust system for my z.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:24 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Yeah I kinda wanted to get that one also... I still consider getting it sometimes... I have a custom orm style stainless steel cheapo, and a borla and a brand new oem exhaust.. So my wife might kill me if I get another one... Anyways the jwt heat shield is super simple and somewhat cheesy, but I guess it might do something...

But I ordered my pop charger from amazon gor like $104 and it came with the red filter, and its a massive filter. Im not trying to talk you out of getting a jwt im just pointing out if your going to be unhappy with using the stock Z yube like I was you might wanna go with something else from the get go.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:43 AM
the rook

Well I saw a carbon fiber z tube on ebay. The entire setup will be for esthetics as much as anything. I definitely noticed that the rc2 heat shield looked like a sturdier unit from all the photos. They sell there own z tube but it's pricey. z1 motorsports sells them in a couple colors. Maybe I'll get the rc2 and slap a z tube on it.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:46 AM
the rook

travlee pointed out that the rc2 uses a dry filter and that may be all together more convenient.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:50 AM
jdm-v35

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

fyi the blue color is from the JWT oil.. you can buy K&N red filter oil at walmart or wherever, or buy other colors off ebay. if you wash the filter with the cleaning solution its just white cotton...
Old 09-03-2016, 10:12 AM
the rook

Originally Posted by jdm-v35
fyi the blue color is from the JWT oil.. you can buy K&N red filter oil at walmart or wherever, or buy other colors off ebay. if you wash the filter with the cleaning solution its just white cotton...
Thanks.