Notices
South Central Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama

Corr Performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 01:47 PM
RobertH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corr Performance

corr performance is located in port allen http://www.corrperformance.com
i have not been there yet but i have been talking to alberto and jay (two brothers) they have a dyno dynamics at the shop. they are real cool dudes. we agreed to do a little test. next week i am ordering a popcharger and i have a nismo cai. we are going to dyno both of them on my car to see which one really works the best. i will keep everyone updated with our test and corr performance.

robert

Last edited by RobertH; 09-11-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:41 PM
BloMyS14

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I met you last night. Jay and Alberto know what they're doing. Keep us posted.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:45 PM
blasian

I know Jay from another forum and he's a really cool guy. Met him in person a few times as well, very stand up guy.

Did you get your license plate tag up to date yet?

That was a crazy fugin night!
Old 09-06-2006, 09:41 PM
gdragon

i'm getting my g35 vortech tune and dyno at their shop in a couple of weeks. i have never met neither one of them but communicated with alberto mainly via email. he seems to be a very nice guy.

this is probably going to be the first g35 vortech ss box that he's going to tune. i'm kinda hesitated about the trip but what the hell. i wanted to have the locals get a shot at doing this than drive 6 hours to sgpracing. who knows...things might turn out ok. i'm putting my money and trust on Alberto right now.

can anybody recommends me to a nissan or infiniti mechanic who can raise my idle?

thanks
Old 09-07-2006, 12:39 PM
RobertH

Originally Posted by gdragon
i wanted to have the locals get a shot at doing this than drive 6 hours to sgpracing. who knows...things might turn out ok. i'm putting my money and trust on Alberto right now.

thanks
i am doing the same thing, except im getting my n/a z tuned with a turboxs utec in about a month. we will see how everything goes, i have confidence in them for some reason. keep everyone updated and i will too.

robert
Old 09-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Ray123

any of you have a plenum spacer yet pm me for details
Old 09-07-2006, 07:53 PM
gdragon

Originally Posted by Ray@altered
i had a 1/2 spacer from motodyne with iso-thermal for about 2 weeks before i decided to go vortech. i felt a little kick at high rpm but nothing exciting, so i gave it to my friend...he also drive a g.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:48 PM
RobertH

Originally Posted by Ray@altered
read my sig. and yes i have the 5/16 spacer and the lower collector from motordyne.

robert
Old 09-11-2006, 12:57 PM
El Verdugo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gdragon
i'm getting my g35 vortech tune and dyno at their shop in a couple of weeks. i have never met neither one of them but communicated with alberto mainly via email. he seems to be a very nice guy.

this is probably going to be the first g35 vortech ss box that he's going to tune. i'm kinda hesitated about the trip but what the hell. i wanted to have the locals get a shot at doing this than drive 6 hours to sgpracing. who knows...things might turn out ok. i'm putting my money and trust on Alberto right now.

can anybody recommends me to a nissan or infiniti mechanic who can raise my idle?

thanks
Sup man, thanks for the vote of confidence in bringing your ride for us to tune it.

In regards to the Nissan/Infinti mechanic I can recommend some one that works at All Star Nissan in BR. He has been a mechanic there for a while and could help you with that. Let me know if you need his contact info.

Alberto
Old 09-11-2006, 01:08 PM
El Verdugo

Default Dyno results

Okay I just got back from the shop. Met up with Robert at 10 am today, very nice guy. Well we ran a total of 5 runs, the first 2 were with the Nismo CAI and the last 3 were with the JWT Popcharger installed. I have to say there was a little difference in gain between the two items. I am going to let Robert post the charts results, since it was his test.

So to build up the drama, here is a little pic from the dyno session.
Njoi

Robert, thanks again for stopping by!

Alberto
Attached Thumbnails Corr Performance-rob350z.jpg  
Old 09-11-2006, 04:03 PM
RobertH

Originally Posted by El Verdugo
Okay I just got back from the shop. Met up with Robert at 10 am today, very nice guy. Well we ran a total of 5 runs, the first 2 were with the Nismo CAI and the last 3 were with the JWT Popcharger installed. I have to say there was a little difference in gain between the two items. I am going to let Robert post the charts results, since it was his test.

So to build up the drama, here is a little pic from the dyno session.
Njoi

Robert, thanks again for stopping by!

Alberto
Alberto and Jay are real cool guys. i would recommend anyone to them. they seem very knowledgeable in tuning cars. In about a month or so i am getting them to intall and tune my car with a utec. i will keep everyone updated with that also.
here are the dyno charts
Corr Performance-350z2-2-.gif

Corr Performance-350z3-2-.gif

Corr Performance-350z4-2-.gif
the pop charger did gain 3 whp, but you have to figure that the popcharger was brand new and the nismo cai was used. if they were both new i would guess the popcharger would have at most 1 hp advantage if any.

Thanks again alberto and jay for helping do this.
robert
Old 09-11-2006, 06:27 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice job guys. It really would have been interesting if you had done a couple pulls with the stock air box to see how it compares to the PC and CAI.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:31 PM
RobertH

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Nice job guys. It really would have been interesting if you had done a couple pulls with the stock air box to see how it compares to the PC and CAI.
sorry dave, i would have done that but i do not even have the stock box anymore.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:24 PM
El Verdugo

Hey what up this is Alberto. Yeah the one looking to buy a house is my brother, he is the one with the cash not me. lol

Well tomorrow going to the shop once again to tune a G35 SC, I think he frequents this board, hope we get a good result tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:45 PM
blasian

Dern. I have mine back in Lake Charles collecting dust

I'm going to install the Isothermal kit this weekend hopefully and possibly clean the lower collector if its dirty. I've already pulled off my throttle body and cleaned it because of carbon buildup, I'm curious to see how dirty it is under the upper plenum cover. Maybe it will fix my problem with running rich.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:40 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

It won't fix the richness problem but you probably will be shocked by how much oil is in the lower collector and the area around the intake manifold.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:45 PM
blasian

It won't fix the richness problem but you probably will be shocked by how much oil is in the lower collector and the area around the intake manifold.
Damn. My car idled a lot better after I cleaned the TB so I thought maybe it would help. I was surprised how bad the carbon buildup was. I know one of my O2 sensors is damaged although I don't know which one. Any chance that this could be the problem? I've been meaning to order one anyway

It just didn't think it was because it seems like its gotten worse. My car did smell a little like fuel after the test pipes installation but it died down. Now it smells like I'm pumping gas
Old 09-21-2006, 07:26 PM
gdragon

Originally Posted by El Verdugo
Sup man, thanks for the vote of confidence in bringing your ride for us to tune it.

In regards to the Nissan/Infinti mechanic I can recommend some one that works at All Star Nissan in BR. He has been a mechanic there for a while and could help you with that. Let me know if you need his contact info.

Alberto
looking forward to see some good numbers