Notices
South Central Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama

Little Rock and surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 11:50 AM
tware

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My latest distraction, light painting. Just getting the tools (various flashlights/torches/glow sticks) and settings down. Last night I did these, before the gave 2 units of blood to the mosquitoes and called it a night. Here are my car related pics.

I think I have my exposure and flashlight control down (harder than you'd think). Gonna keep an eye out for a cool location to do a more complex shot.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:49 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

The first one would look sweet in a tunnel! Like the one up in N.Arkansas, also edit out the legs!!! These look pretty cool, will look sweet when you have everything perfected.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:57 PM
tware

thanks.. hmmm, will have to scout that spot out.

Ya cant really edit out the legs, little ghosty images of yourself are really about how long I stood in one spot. In order to prevent that, you have to really keep moving constantly.. and quickly. Yet, you have to hang around long enough to draw enough light around the area youre trying to accentuate. My flipflops arent very artistic, but it's pretty much part of this kind of art. Actually, if it was really serious and it wasnt HOT as hell, I would have worn all black, that helps ALOT
Old 06-25-2009, 12:58 PM
tware

Next time, I'm dragging out Debby's Halloween fog machine.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:12 PM
tware

btw, were you still thinking of a double din with bluetooth? its not a AV unit, tho.. gawd only knows what you could talk him down to
http://littlerock.craigslist.org/ele/1239085368.html
Old 06-25-2009, 02:12 PM
luv2bsidewaz

Tim, my photography teacher always said to get out "ghost" images of yourself, like your legs, is to wear black and you won't have that proble. She showed us a lot of light painting pics and I have always like them. Yours look awesome! Good work man! What were the settings on your camera when you took them?
Old 06-25-2009, 02:23 PM
tware

Originally Posted by luv2bsidewaz
Tim, my photography teacher always said to get out "ghost" images of yourself, like your legs, is to wear black and you won't have that proble. She showed us a lot of light painting pics and I have always like them. Yours look awesome! Good work man! What were the settings on your camera when you took them?
Pretty much 25 seconds at 400 ISO (kept low to so the light source wouldnt blow out the area).

indeed, I had on black when I made this
http://www.timware.org/IMG_1097.jpg

but no way in hell I was putting on sweats in this heat (and then run around the car). Although that might have help with the damn mosquitoes.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:52 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Tim i need you to take some good pics of the jeep when you help me w/my security project. Thanks in advance
Old 06-25-2009, 02:53 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

LOL ZACh reading owns you he said that in the post above about wearing black
Old 06-25-2009, 03:02 PM
tware

it's cool, I'm a noob, my ears are always open to photog tips/critiques. I really should have taken those classes that hammer the fundamentals into your head.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:43 PM
J. Dub

If any of you know of anyone that may be interested in trading 350Z for Jeep Wrangler please advise.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:56 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

I need some jeep parts!!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO, but seriously we can work some things out Not that i would trade my z but we could do some strippage on that wrangler.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:55 PM
luv2bsidewaz

Originally Posted by idwin
LOL ZACh reading owns you he said that in the post above about wearing black
Haha! I must've totally overlooked that when I was scrolling down!

I want to get back into my photography a lot lately. I want to upgrade camera set-ups but need to learn to use the one I have better before I upgrade. I still have some of my stuff from all of my photo classes, books and tips and the such, if you would be interested in taking a look at it Tim.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:02 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Damn honda has a new bike out that im seriously thinking about picking up....The Fury but they are having another one supposedly coming out soon that's is murdered out so? i will be seeing if a local dealer has one. for their sake i hope they dont have a black one LOL.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:05 PM
tware

dude... I dont know what planet youre from, but I like to blame my equipment when my photos don't work out. What's this 'learn to use what you got' thing? That's so, I dunno... rational! I really wanted to get a Oly, Sony or Pentax for the cheap lens options, but got suckered back into a XSi. I had a few accessories from a previous camera, so I just went with that. Anyway, thanks for the offer on the books/info. I may take you up on that, but I'm also lucky to have a few near pro's at the publishing co where I work. I love getting lucky and besting their pics, they dont know I took 10x more shots than they did to get that shot.

I have no idea if its still there, but for several weeks there has been a white Z for sale in the parking lot between Home Depot and the tire place. I could take a peek again and see if it still there, looked pretty clean, but I didnt notice any specifics.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:23 PM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by idwin
I need some jeep parts!!!!!!!!!
ROFLMAO, but seriously we can work some things out Not that i would trade my z but we could do some strippage on that wrangler.
IN!
Here are the items I have up for sale/grab. These are goin on craigslist in a week and I have these also up for sale on jeepforum and arkansascrawlers.com
-90% tread life left on all 4 33x12.5R15 Pro Comp mud tires.
-Great condition 15x8 Ion 158 polished alum wheels.
-Black tubular bumper (rugged ridge) has 17k miles on it. No scratches/dents, ect...
-2 10" MTX subs that are in a box made specifically for TJ's
-Alpine 500watt RMS amp/1k peak That has maybe 4 months on it. I have reciept.
-8 gauge amp kit
-Brand new (4 month old) kenwood excelon HU that has a USB that works w/ Iphone
-2006 black seats that have 27*** miles on them no wear/tear
-black carpet that has miles above no wear/tear
-Black soft top will have to trade w/ someone
-Black headlight rings... Instead of chrome
-Black headlight guards no dents/scratches
-clear corners
-2" teraflex lift (It's a BB)

Originally Posted by tware
dude... I dont know what planet youre from, but I like to blame my equipment when my photos don't work out. What's this 'learn to use what you got' thing? That's so, I dunno... rational! I really wanted to get a Oly, Sony or Pentax for the cheap lens options, but got suckered back into a XSi. I had a few accessories from a previous camera, so I just went with that. Anyway, thanks for the offer on the books/info. I may take you up on that, but I'm also lucky to have a few near pro's at the publishing co where I work. I love getting lucky and besting their pics, they dont know I took 10x more shots than they did to get that shot.

I have no idea if its still there, but for several weeks there has been a white Z for sale in the parking lot between Home Depot and the tire place. I could take a peek again and see if it still there, looked pretty clean, but I didnt notice any specifics.
That would be great, thanks T!

ALSO, I COULD POSSIBLY GET INTO A G. I'D PREFER A 350 BUT NOT EXCLUDING A G

UPDATE 6/26/09

LOOK WHAT I FOUND

CLICK ME FOR G35

THE OWNER OF THE G IS ASKING SUTHERLAND TO HELP SELL.

My biggest thing is trying to get financing. I remember my score was a 580 it was hard to get financed. And since then it's down to 560 as of yesterday when I inquired due to so many people lookin at it back then.

What do you all think I should offer?

Last edited by J. Dub; 06-26-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:10 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

1 mil ?
Old 06-26-2009, 03:16 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

I would see if it came w/the factory wheels/parts. Why does it have purple tint?

Im also confused about the seats for the jeep? I wouldnt mind swaping the headlight rings?
Old 06-26-2009, 07:53 PM
luv2bsidewaz

So this isn't set in stone yet but I am thinking of parting out and getting a dif car. I wanted to post in here before anywhere else to see if anyone wanted any of the parts I have on my car. If the deal does go through I will let you guys know for certain but just wanted to throw the idea out there for you to think about.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:11 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

I would like to swap door panels w/you..... Mine are mint, i would just like the updates. I know the dealer would never notice. crap most people would not notice. Let me know if you need me to put on your factory stuff. Do you have any audio equip? also i think Tim might be interested in your HKS even though it would need extensions to fit his G.

Quick Reply: Little Rock and surrounding areas