Notices
South Central Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama

Little Rock and surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 06:12 AM
J. Dub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flimsy
Steve is around Marco. No chance on getting the floormats though. I'm actually having dinner with him tonight. Also, welcome to the forums new guys.
Tell him I said, "Please come out of 1994 and into 2010 and text a Cracker back for the love of God... I'm in meetings all day and I can't call him except on my lunch break or after work but by then I'm lazy and unable to lift the phone to my ear cause I have a wicked joint paint in my elbow or some other bs you can feel free to insert"
Old 06-16-2010, 06:54 AM
Flimsy

We've covered this. Fin.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:22 AM
J. Dub

We've covered this. Fin.
Way to take the wind from my sails.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:24 AM
tware

and here I am with an extra diff just laying around.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:37 AM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by tware
and here I am with an extra diff just laying around.
Do you still have that camera facing your driveway? If yes I can has diff?
If no, I go get diff now?
Old 06-16-2010, 08:44 AM
tware

well, good luck with that.

i bought the AT VLSD to swap into mine.. while I sent my open AT diff to Quaife.. or Qeeef, whatever they are called. In the meantime, I've lost my taste for sending my diff off and having it reworked. Just have other priorities. If I was to get the VLSD put in, then my open 3.3 pumpkin would be of little use or value to me. That doesnt help you if you need a 3.5 to start with. But, if it does....
Old 06-16-2010, 08:49 AM
J. Dub

Here's the thing, I can't find plain black and white info on what it takes to get my damn (and I'm not mad at you, just frustrated w/ my searching results) 5AT to run on 4.08 gears aka final drive.
I believe I need a manual transmissions pumpkin aka gear housing because no one, that i know of, sells 4.08 gears for automatic trans.
Furthermore, my stock LSD also won't work as it's for a 3.3 final drive. I could order the quaife LSD but apparently for an automatic tranny it's only made to be used on a 3.3 final drive.
So, if I find a manual trans pumpkin I can then order a manual transmission aftermarket LSD. Once I do that I can has my 4.08 final drive finally. And if this is the true case I will scrap the idea entirely because the labor for something like that will be crazy.
HOWEVER,
If I can use my stock pumpkin/housing and simply swap in a manual transmission LSD and 4.08 I'll move forward in the idea. But I do not think that is the case.

Last edited by J. Dub; 06-16-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:00 AM
tware

the stub axles are different. there in lies the rub. btw, you know you lose cruise control right?
Old 06-16-2010, 09:16 AM
J. Dub

the stub axles are different. there in lies the rub. btw, you know you lose cruise control right?
So I've heard. Although I'm not sure if aftermarket tune could fix the issue. I've read it can. And I've read it cannot. If it cannot I'm scrapin this idea. This vehicle is a daily driver before it is a performer.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:56 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Steve is around Marco. No chance on getting the floormats though. I'm actually having dinner with him tonight. Also, welcome to the forums new guys.
Oh yeah were are yall eating and what time?
Old 06-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Flimsy

I'm not sure Adam. I'm supposed to call him after work.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:25 AM
J. Dub

Adam (or anyother gun guru's), do you know of any handhelds that will fit in the stock cubby? The hole where the the nav is suppose to go? I'd like to put a spare in there since I frequent Little Rock often.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Flimsy

Kahr PM9. I'm biased though.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:41 AM
tware

anybody want a Canon XSi? 2.5k clicks. with or without kit lens.. 14 months old, box and all accessories. Like the day I took it out of the box. Would like 460-ish. I bought a T2i today to capture some vid of the baby. yeah, thats it.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:35 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Its cool man, there's a vendor on here that sells em for 55 shipped, no biggie. Tell steve we said hello, and hope you two will come out with us in July.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:36 PM
J. Dub

Kahr PM9. I'm biased though.

anybody want a Canon XSi? 2.5k clicks. with or without kit lens.. 14 months old, box and all accessories. Like the day I took it out of the box. Would like 460-ish. I bought a T2i today to capture some vid of the baby. yeah, thats it.
GL, I just purchased a nikon... Doesn't compare to your mamoth of an awesome camera though.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:38 PM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by viva la spam
Its cool man, there's a vendor on here that sells em for 55 shipped, no biggie. Tell steve we said hello, and hope you two will come out with us in July.
I'm still searching, don't worry. I found a yard that has 4 350z's. None of them nismo's though. Do you want nismo mats or will any do?
Old 06-16-2010, 12:51 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

^^^nismo, good sir. apparently they changed them so 03-05 wont fit on 06+, or so I read somewhere...

The D-bag who owned my car didnt take care of the matts, they were neglected

I tired steam cleaning, shampooing, etc but the silver Z isnt really silver anymore, The nismo ones look nice and ive wanted to buy the wheels before i bought the matts.

Its cool if you cant find one jeff, here the link im talkin bout':
https://my350z.com/forum/body-interi...5-shipped.html
Old 06-16-2010, 01:47 PM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by viva la spam
^^^nismo, good sir. apparently they changed them so 03-05 wont fit on 06+, or so I read somewhere...

The D-bag who owned my car didnt take care of the matts, they were neglected

I tired steam cleaning, shampooing, etc but the silver Z isnt really silver anymore, The nismo ones look nice and ive wanted to buy the wheels before i bought the matts.

Its cool if you cant find one jeff, here the link im talkin bout':
https://my350z.com/forum/body-interi...5-shipped.html
Never fail, I shall continue my search for a nismo. I no longer want nismo wheels either so if I find some at a salvage yard I'll gank em for ya. I'd like to get some heavy bling on my car that way if I ever run 4.08 gears it'll still perform like a stock car. LOL
I'd like to find a wrecked nismo anyways cause I'd like the final drive out of it as well as the pumpkin cover that is finned for cooling purposes.

Last edited by J. Dub; 06-16-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:48 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Not sure what would fit into the stock cubby? take some measurements and go to the store. I'm sure there are several that would keltec,kahr,ruger lcp, taurus has a new lil pocket blaster that i really like (738TCP ), charter arms revolvers,beretta, etc.etc. not sure if a baby glock like aG27 or micro 1911 like my kimber would or not. I wouldnt stash it in the cubby anyway, but that's my opinion. If **** happens you'll not have the time to open door,grab gun etc. I always set mine between the seat/console in the Z. They do make holsters that attach to the seat belt that make them really accessable. Jeff your ? leaves way to much open without details. You say as a back up? so i have to assume you already carry a gun locked/loaded and ready to engage. I would say just to get more mags/moonclips if you got a revolver. The biggest thing with owning and carrying a weapon is being effecient with it as when a threat (real life ) presents itself and you get into a fire fight it is proven you'll only be half as good as your best range day! Even if you are fully trained/certified . One has to have a great knowledge of the weapon. You should be able to draw/clear holster and engage threat/target on instinct without having to think of your motions, you must be able to clear/manipulate jambs/malifunctions if they happen. (which you shouldnt be carrying a weapon unless you have put enough rounds through it to know that any malfunction will be far and few between) With that said malfunctions will usually be from the ammo or mags. Long story short you should take some tactical training and get profecient with your gun. I can hook up up with some local guys that teach Israel defense training,etc. or you can do that and like me go to blackwater or frontsite training facilities. Multiple guns wont do **** for you if you cant use them properly. I can almost bet with 99% accuracy that you are not trained as such spend your money on some training.

Quick Reply: Little Rock and surrounding areas