Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Help in MIAMI Area needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 07:47 PM
04350zTouring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help in MIAMI Area needed

To those in Miami Area / Doral / Pembroke / Four Lakes.

I am just about to move to Miami area from CA. I also just purchased a used 2004 350z with 187 mi., and need your help in providing me with info on performace shops, audio shops, and a good place to install window tint.

I will be slowly upgrading my Z, but would like to start with a GPS/NAVIGATION from Pioneer, i think it is the AVIC N2, since i don't know the roads there.

Performance shops with good service and price: I need help finding one, and your suggestions if possible on the following items:

1. Exhaust - Borla, Apex, Greddy, HKS
2. Headers
3. Intake : AEM? JWT?
4. Springs: Eibach Prokit? Sportline? Need camber kit with Prokit?
5. Big Brake upgrade: AP Racing or Stoptech?
6. Wheels: Dealer that has RACING HART's and VOLK Racings

Thanks to all in advance for your time and help.

PS- Please help me out with the tint and limitations (if any) for the State of FL. Also any info on CLEAR BRA installer / dealer and pricing is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
DT
04350zTouring.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:13 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

first - you should check out the south florida z car club. www.sfzcc.com. the southeast section on this forum doesn't get much attention for some reason.

for performance shops, the ones i know of that are supposed to be good are, twilight performance, dynamic turbo (in doral - the other location i hear is not as good), and south florida performance.

for wheels - you should check out good roads. they sponsor the sfzcc, and offer very good deals to club members.

for tinting i always go to this guy steve. his shop is called steve's window tinting, and the number is 305-944-5093. I think one of the Z owners on this site might even own a tinting shop, and would probably be very careful and do a good job. Or maybe it was just someone recommending another shop.

westpak (gus), who is a member on this forum, and VP of sfzcc always recommends and speaks highly of this guy name Pepi (i believe) for clear bra. I have seen Gus' car and the clear bra looks like it was applied very well. He'll probably chime in here soon and give details, or you can check on sfzcc since i know there is a post about that guy.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:15 PM
hndumafia

oh and for audio - i used to work at a shop called Miami Sound Design, in Coral Gables. Since then, one of the main audio installers has left, but the other one there still does a very good job. I know there are some new people that work there also, but i'm not sure if they do audio work, or alarms/tints/whatever else. The guy that i know is good is named Rolly. The two shops owners are Cyrus and Eric - I'd suggest speaking to Cyrus since I think he's cooler.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:16 PM
04350zTouring

Thanks Rajiv.
I will look into those places you named. Hope to see you around in Miami. Maybe in one of those SFZCC events.

Dennis.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:23 PM
hndumafia

yea definitely - the events are great - there are lots of nice Z's in the club. unforunately, it will be a while till i'm at an event again since I just got back up to school.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:02 PM
COJ_General

http://media.putfile.com/350z-exhaust-and-flyby

here is a clip of the Apex-i exhaust! I really like the sound of it! it sounds even better in person! But what I would suggest is wait until you get here because Im pretty sure that the guys on the sfzcc have all the exhausts you are asking about and sound clips dont do any justice so you may want to wait until you get here so that you can hear them!

Performance shops in Miami I would suggest Dynamic Turbo....but I think a few of the guys on the sfzcc go up to a place called Japtrix to do FI. But either one should be good.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:52 PM
hndumafia

oh damn how did i forget to mention japtrix. they are supposed to be a great shop, and many of the sfzcc members have done business with them very happily. they also offer a club discount on both products and service!
Old 08-25-2005, 05:31 AM
COJ_General

Yup Japtrix is where ill be installing my Greddy TT! (sooner rather than later! ). they seem to have worked on a couple and they are running fine!
Old 08-25-2005, 05:46 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by COJ_General
Yup Japtrix is where ill be installing my Greddy TT! (sooner rather than later! ). they seem to have worked on a couple and they are running fine!

Yeap mine is one of them, they have installed 3 Greddy's, 2 APS TT's and are instaing an APS ST this week.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:49 PM
04350zTouring

number and address for JAPTRIX?
thanks,
Dennis
Old 08-25-2005, 05:00 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by 04350zTouring
number and address for JAPTRIX?
thanks,
Dennis
4401 Charlotte Street Unit D
Lake Worth, Florida 33461
Office (561) 963.8700

Either Roger Case (Tech partner) or Roger Acham (Office Partner)

Gus