Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Athens, GA meet

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 04:50 AM
snapb1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Athens, GA meet

Any GA people interested in coming to Athens for a get together Dec. 17th? We should have a pretty good turnout. Looking to meet up shortly after lunch. Let me know if anyone is interested and I will provide more details.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:39 PM
redlinez33

I am pretty intrested...but I am susposed to go to deals gap. If that doesnt fall through Ill be there.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:12 AM
snapb1

Cool. Buddy of mine in his Turbonetics Z will be there also. Bring friends too.

And let me mention that we are looking at meeting at 12 instead of 1 and meeting at the Varsity on Atlanta Hwy/Broad street. Very easy to get to. Basically take 85 to 316 and follow 316 straight into Athens. You will eventually pass Lowes and Wal-Mart on your left and keep on that road going through some lights until 316/Epps Br. Rd. merges in w/ Atlanta Hwy (goes around a sharp curve). Stay on Atl Hwy for about 3 miles and Varsity is on your left beside DQ.

I will give you my phone # too.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:44 AM
XplicitZ

Hey, I'm pretty interested in meeting up and meeting new people. Let me know what happens. PM me or email me at xthao3@uga.edu and keep me updated thanks. By the way is ur car white? j/w lol.
-Xue
Old 12-07-2005, 12:07 PM
snapb1

Yeah, my car is white. But there are 2 other white Evo's running around Athens. Mine isn't lowered while the other 2 are. One has a front lip, exhaust and small white decals while the other has a vortex generator and is basically stock (last time I knew).

I will keep you updated. We will be meeting at 12 at the Varsity.

Do you live on campus? Have anything done to your Z? Buddy of mine has a white Z running around w/ gold Volk wheels and a body kit (along w/ exhaust, T'netic's kit and built internals).
Old 12-07-2005, 01:27 PM
XplicitZ

I think I know which Z you are talking about, I've seen it a couple of times. Mine is pretty much stock just with basic bolt-ons and some racing harts. I live off campus bout 20 minutes away from athens. Not trying to hate on other colors but I just that it would be pretty neat with a bunch of white cars cruising round lol.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by snapb1
Do you live on campus? Have anything done to your Z? Buddy of mine has a white Z running around w/ gold Volk wheels and a body kit (along w/ exhaust, T'netic's kit and built internals).
Does your friend come to this forum?

Also Athens meet would be cool, nothing like bar hoping all within walking distance... And that burger joint they have there is pretty good, but then again after drinking for hours and walking around we could have been just really hungry
Old 12-08-2005, 04:40 AM
snapb1

Originally Posted by XplicitZ
Mine is pretty much stock just with basic bolt-ons and some racing harts. I live off campus bout 20 minutes away from athens. Not trying to hate on other colors but I just that it would be pretty neat with a bunch of white cars cruising round lol.
I wanna say I have seen your car before getting off the loop and onto 316, which would make sense b/c you are from Monroe...

I know what you mean about the white car thing. We have my white Evo, Jason's white Z, and 2 white WRX's that hang out a good bit. Plus Jason's gf just bought a white Scion Tc (which makes all our cars look dirty, that damn thing is WHITE white).

And Peking, Jason is on this board. His s/n is slidewayz but he doesn't post too frequently. Some GA Evo's are planning on coming down and bar hopping too, so the more the merrier.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:02 PM
original786

i might be down, i will know sure closer to the day
Old 12-10-2005, 01:21 PM
snapb1

Cool. The more the merrier. You guys are welcome to bring some friends too.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by snapb1
And Peking, Jason is on this board. His s/n is slidewayz but he doesn't post too frequently. Some GA Evo's are planning on coming down and bar hopping too, so the more the merrier.
Cool, where are you guys planning on exactly meeting? Parking really?

I will try to make it out, would like to meet more non-Honda/Acura owners that I hang out with now (since I was a Honda owner)

Oh shoot, just saw that Carolina Performance Racing are having their meet that same day... And I already said I would try to make it out for that... But then again, can't beat local no matter how big the stick
Old 12-10-2005, 04:11 PM
zownz

im interested but...1pm i will still be in bed!!
Old 12-11-2005, 04:34 AM
snapb1

Originally Posted by zownz
im interested but...1pm i will still be in bed!!
Actually we are meeting at noon instead of 1. But you are welcome to venture out once you are out of bed. I can give you my cell if you wish.

As far as the Honda guys, Carlos has a 300+ HP turbo'd 4 door Accord. He is a Honda guru and he will be bringing out some Honda tech's he knows.

We are planning on meeting at the Varsity right off Atlanta Hwy/Broad Street. Then we will probably go to the parking deck downtown to get out of the wind and get some pics. I will have my camcorder so we can get vids too.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:24 AM
GreekZ33

i would love to come. i just moved to athens about a month ago and haven't met any car guys yet... but i leave for a trip to vegas on the 16th... so it looks like i won't be able to make it this time. just let me know whenever you guys are meeting next and i'll be sure to make it out there. thanks again,
nick
Old 12-11-2005, 08:59 AM
zownz

i'll be there...! i just requested the weekend off...cross your fingers for me and you may get to see a sick 350z!! hahah jK!
Old 12-12-2005, 03:43 AM
snapb1

Zownz, awesome! Glad to see you can come. I know Jason (350 friend) will be excited to have lots of 350's there. Here is my cell if you need it (706) 247-5423.

GreekZ, are you a student or just moved down here to work/family/whatever? I will definately keep you informed of any get togethers. We generally get together on most weekends during the warmer months but wanted to do something b/c we haven't seen much of each other (locals) in about a month or so due to weather. But once it warms again, we hang out a good bit.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:17 PM
snapb1

Do you guys know where the Varsity is? If not, let me know and I can give directions.

Call my cell if you guys need to reach me. Hope to see you guys Sat!
Old 12-14-2005, 05:34 PM
Peking

Well not going to be able to make it out, ya'll have fun
Old 12-15-2005, 07:42 AM
zownz

SUndays forecast is Rain....what now?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:17 PM
snapb1

Doing it Sat, not Sun.

Sat. is showing high of 50's and partly cloudy.

Quick Reply: Athens, GA meet