Sisko99
Red XIII
bigdaddy
idrmofs7
Old 12-13-2005, 06:16 AM
Sisko99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
BTW, did you go to the meet in G'boro Sat. night?
Yeah...I went. Then it got rousted by the Greensboro PD 3 minutes after we got there. I then proceeded to spend a good portion of the rest of the evening looking for Sharif....then ate dinner with some people and went home. It was an interesting evening to say the least...
Old 12-13-2005, 06:29 AM
DoomCue

SN: DoomCue
Name: David Baranski
Site: None
Club: None
Car: 2005 Redline 350Z Roadster

-djb
Old 12-13-2005, 06:38 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

My list of email addresses right now:

HoldThisForMe
Stack
ZPirate
PapaTango
KTaylor
WaitilUseeMyZ
Sisko99
Red XIII
bigdaddy
idrmofs7
DoomCue
Old 12-13-2005, 07:59 AM
Stack

SN: Stack
Name: Stacy King
Ocupation: Building material sales
Site:
Club: Triangle Z Club(officer), Triad Z Club, Emerald City Z Club, Cape Fear Z Club(if it ever gets started again), Tarheel Sports Car Club(HPDE Co-chairman)
Car: 1971 Datsun 240Z (for now anyway)

I'm a little miffed about all the NC people so far that list no club affiliation. There are no less than 4 clubs that pretty-much cover the entire state, no matter where in the state you are... maybe you just aren't 'club' people, and thats fine... but I think you may be missing out on some cool social interactions and events.

How many of you know that there is a national Z club? The Z Car Club of America? That there are national conventions every year... If we could all get orgainzed, we could be as big as the BMWCCA or PCA or Corvette Owners Club...

anyway... I'll get off my soapbox now
Old 12-13-2005, 08:04 AM
buzzardmountain

My list of email addresses:

HoldThisForMe
Stack
ZPirate
PapaTango
KTaylor
WaitilUseeMyZ
Sisko99
Red XIII
bigdaddy
idrmofs7
DoomCue
002-M-P
Old 12-13-2005, 08:12 AM
robbycolli

SN: robbycolli (rob collins)
Site: http:collinsandcollinslaw.com
Club: Carolina Z club
Car: 2003 SSB touring.....

Last edited by robbycolli; 12-13-2005 at 08:12 AM. Reason: left off name
Old 12-13-2005, 09:26 AM
NissanGuy

Originally Posted by Stack
I'm a little miffed about all the NC people so far that list no club affiliation. There are no less than 4 clubs that pretty-much cover the entire state, no matter where in the state you are... maybe you just aren't 'club' people, and thats fine... but I think you may be missing out on some cool social interactions and events.
I just got my Z on Thursday. And I'm still waiting for the title to register it. I'll interact once it's on the road. Leaving for NY soon so it probably won't be until January.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Low J.
Banned

SN: Low J.
Club: Triangle Z Club
Car: 2005 350Z Enthusiast
Old 12-13-2005, 10:08 AM
002-M-P

Once my Volks arrive in February I plan on joining up for the track event stuff. I just find it almost pointless to drive around a track right now with stock rubber.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Stack

Originally Posted by 002-M-P
Once my Volks arrive in February I plan on joining up for the track event stuff. I just find it almost pointless to drive around a track right now with stock rubber.
How do you know until you've done both? Besides... I dare say the stock wheels and rubber are lighter than those monsters you got on order

C'mon, someone back me up on this... Sean? LOL

Last edited by Stack; 12-13-2005 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:35 AM
buzzardmountain

My list of email addresses:

HoldThisForMe
Stack
ZPirate
PapaTango
KTaylor
WaitilUseeMyZ
Sisko99
Red XIII
bigdaddy
idrmofs7
DoomCue
002-M-P
NissanGuy
Low J.
mc350z
Old 12-13-2005, 12:44 PM
KTaylor

How do you know until you've done both? Besides... I dare say the stock wheels and rubber are lighter than those monsters you got on order

haha i speak from experience and theres no point he wouldnt ever get traction. TT+ stock wheels and tires= no traction at all.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Stack

Originally Posted by KTaylor
haha i speak from experience and theres no point he wouldnt ever get traction. TT+ stock wheels and tires= no traction at all.
I'm not at all telling him NOT to run the new wheels and tires... but I think he's doing himself a disservice by not doing an event simply because he doesn't have the new stuff yet. Traction is all about technique and patience... and VDC of course lol ... why not do it... learn the limits of the stock wheels and tires, make them squeal... then REALLY appreciate the new stuff.

Thats all I'm saying. and don't forget, we're talking about non-competitive road course action... not drag strip stuff
Old 12-13-2005, 01:01 PM
bigdaddy

Lighter...no. My 19" Volks and Toyos are much lighter than my stock 17" wheels and tires. Of course, it is a larger radius, larger rotational inertia, blah, blah, blah.

That being said...eating away 17" rubber at the track is much cheaper than eating away 19" rubber.

I also have to praise learning to drive your car on street rubber before making the leap to "race" rubber. Race rubber makes you faster quicker, but not better quicker. (I think that is English)

Sean
Old 12-13-2005, 01:27 PM
KTaylor

I'm not at all telling him NOT to run the new wheels and tires... but I think he's doing himself a disservice by not doing an event simply because he doesn't have the new stuff yet. Traction is all about technique and patience... and VDC of course lol ... why not do it... learn the limits of the stock wheels and tires, make them squeal... then REALLY appreciate the new stuff.

Thats all I'm saying. and don't forget, we're talking about non-competitive road course action... not drag strip stuff

yeah im not talkin bout drag racing but him doin the event on his stock tires would do him no good f he was competing not say he wouldnt have fun but he wouldnt be able to push it hard. and im not saying im the best driver but i doubt there are many people out there that could handle his car at 420whp or whatever hes at on the track its alot harder then u would think. and with vdc on your car will just bog down if you have FI thats not a good idea.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:00 PM
baileyrx

sn:baileyrx
occ: pharmacist
city:greensboro
g35c,ati 7lbs
Old 12-14-2005, 04:11 AM
002-M-P

I've got a pretty detailed spreadsheet setup that I was using to figure out weighloss with my new wheels. Since my stockers are Touring/Performance wheels they weigh 26.5lbs each. The "monsters" I got on order (18x10.5 and 18x9.5 TE37's) are much lighter...about 8 lbs per wheel. Then the new tires 295/35 and 265/35 are actually equal or lighter than stock, and then lugnuts drop a pound or so.

All in all I calculated that I will be dropping roughly 35lbs of unsprung weight by changing the wheels and getting a ton more traction. Traction is of utmost importance though with 424rwhp. And VDC is always off in my car.

BTW..I have been TT on stock tires for about 20k miles now and know the limits, and they aren't alot, esp. in cold weather.

Last edited by 002-M-P; 12-14-2005 at 04:15 AM.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:57 AM
Stack

Like I said... I am in no way trying to say the new wheels won't be better... that 'monsters' comment was more tongue-in-cheek than anything else... my whole point is this... the point of doing a track event is to LEARN ... and I guarantee you you'll find new limits to the stock wheels on track with the right instruction. You will need to go ahead and upgrade your brake pads and fluid for the event though.

Here's how much I beleive this... for everyone to see... do our february event on your stock wheels/tires. If you honestly feel like you wasted your time and money, I'll give you a free entry to our April event on North Course (which will actually be about $60 more expensive). I assume your new wheels will be on the car by then.

Just so we're clear... I know you won't be as fast on stockers, you definately won't have as much grip either... but those wheels and tires will start 'talking' to you much sooner than the new ones and give you plenty of warning before they let go. You'll have to learn to finese the car around the track - and you'll love it, I guarantee it. It will make you a better driver because you'll learn to drive the car smoother... and that will make you faster... and safer. You will be surprised at how much more you'll get out of the stockers than you think.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NC Z owners Directory