Notices
South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

Any Colorado Z Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 12:59 PM
GaryM05

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

1 PM on Saturday the 25th works for me.

The Rock Bottom in Westminster is located off of highway 36 and 104th. I've placed a map link at the bottom of this e-mail. The map is actually for the AMC movie theater, but the Rock Bottom is in the same complex. Basically, you take 36 from Denver, take the 104th/Church Ranch exit, and go right (north/east) on 104th. Make your way quickly to the far left lane, and take a left at the first light onto Westminster Blvd. From there, make a left at the first light (I think) into the parking area. This is basically a huge parking lot surrounding the theater, Rock Bottom, Dave & Busters, and some other restaurants.

As for which section of the parking lot to try to meet in, we should probably just play it by ear when we get there to find an empty area, but the area closest to this entrance from Westminster Blvd usually fills up the quickest. I'll try to arrive a little early and stake out a good section in a more remote part of lot.

On the off chance that there is a movie rush that day and the lot is full, let's plan on meeting at the Ice Arena parking lot that's just across Westminster Blvd from the Rock Bottom. To get there, you'd go back out & make a left onto Westminter Blvd, go under the pedestrian bridge and up the hill, and take your first right.

To answer Mudd's question, I bought from Elway North. Bob Patton was my salesman, and I thought that he and everyone else that I met there did a great job, and I really couldn't have asked for a better total experience.

Gary
Silverstone Performance

Map

Last edited by GaryM05; 01-15-2003 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:45 PM
Shogun
Charter Member #54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a plan.

If parking proves to be too brutal, how about a ten minute run west to the Boulder overlook for pics?

Joe
Old 01-15-2003, 05:56 PM
Mudd

Sat. at 1:00 is good for me too. I really hope the weather is good. Should we have a make up date if the weather is crappy?
I won't be bringing my Z however, as it is still on order from Elway North, but will relish the chance to be in the presence and see some other Z's. I will have to drive my Maxima.

As for the parking lot to meet in. On most weekend days the very SE corner of the lot in front of Rock Bottom is usually empty, doesn't fill much until night time. It's right next to the stoplight / intersecton of Westminster Blvd. and 104th right in the corner of that lot. If you want we could meet right there.......it will be easy to see everyone from the road right there as well. Let me know

Brian
Old 01-17-2003, 05:36 AM
skimark

Thumbs up Rock Bottom sounds good

I'm on the south side around Broadway & C470. Maybe I will just sneak around C470 to Boulder and then down to Westminster to avoid T-Rex.

I rarely see any Z's in my area and it would be great to meet some Denver owners.
Old 01-18-2003, 12:02 PM
Oh4aZ

Damn, my Z isn't getting in until Jan. 28th. Oh well -- maybe text time! Hope you guys have a good meet and I am looking forward to seeing some pics posted.
Old 01-18-2003, 06:53 PM
Shogun
Charter Member #54

Default Oh4aZ

Come and attend anyway, Mudd will be Zless also.

I promise great conversation and a great time simply because of a common interest. I've met both dkmura and garymo5 and I'm certain our talks could have lasted hours more.

Hope you're there.

This goes for any and all lurkers out there as well.

Joe
Old 01-19-2003, 07:52 AM
bluz03

Hi guys, I'll try to make the meet as well. I live in the Highlands Ranch area and would like to meet the guys I always pass on the highway!
Old 01-20-2003, 10:34 PM
lollolboy

I would like to join you guys in the meeting if possible..
I don't have 350z but I am would like to see some 350zs.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:26 PM
Shogun
Charter Member #54

Default Chili cook off

I just found my newsletter from Z Car Club of Colorado, it says that there will be a chili cook off at Tynan's Nissan at 5:00pm Saturday.

The primary reason I joined, was to enjoy the various discounts offered by different retailers as well as dealers such as Tynan's and Courtesy Nissan in Texas. I figure for the $35.00 annual fee, I would come out ahead just on routine maintenance alone.

Depending on how long our get together lasts, I may attend, and I'm sure that anybody who's interested can attend. I'm also sure that the gathered masses would be stunned by a parade of new Z's rolling into their party.

I'll bring some copies of the discount list Saturday.

You can also find more info at : www.zccc.org

See ya Saturday.

Joe
Old 01-22-2003, 07:51 PM
GaryM05

I hope the weather clears up before Saturday, or nobody's Z will be going anywhere!

Mudd, I don't think it matters where in the lot we meet, as long as there is room there for everyone. If there's room in that front SE corner by the entrance, that'll work for me.

I'd love to hit the chili cook-off at Tynan's, but I've got other plans for the evening. I'm sure it'll be a blast, though.

I'll see everyone Saturday (weather permitting.)

Gary
Old 01-23-2003, 11:20 AM
kohlersc

Weather is supposed to warm up to the 60s on Friday and continue that way though Saturday. Even Sunday is supposed to be nice though the wind is supposed to pick up.

Looks like it should be a great day.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:40 AM
tomw1975

I will try to make it, would love to meet some more Z fiends. Will have to see if I can get out of my prior engagement first. If I get up there I will probably be the only one with the English accent!
Old 01-25-2003, 06:17 PM
Oh4aZ

So how was the meet??? Sorry I couldn't make it. I hope there is another meet soon!
Old 01-25-2003, 09:00 PM
lollolboy

The meeting was excellent. I am looking forward to see next meeting. Hopefully I will either have 350 or g35 by the time when we all meet again.

There was 6 Zs in total(red, blue, 3 silvers, and white!), 1 maxima, vw passat? and my 325i

It was nice to see the owners of Zs and I really loved watching those beautiful Zs
Old 01-26-2003, 08:51 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,304 Likes on 904 Posts
Default A fun time!

Agreed. The meet was a success and I enjoyed meeting everyone. While it was a 'mite chilly in that parking lot, at least we didn't bring the 6" of snow by simply scheduling the event!

We should start thinking about future events. With my performance bent, I'd like to consider holding a high-performance school/track day, perhaps at a track like Pueblo Motorsports Park. Problem is, PMI and most area tracks will start running their scheduled events beginning in April. Does anyone want me to start planning something before then? Certainly, this will guarantee BIG SNOW!
Old 01-26-2003, 09:47 AM
Oh4aZ

Default Re: A fun time!

Originally posted by dkmura
Agreed. The meet was a success and I enjoyed meeting everyone. While it was a 'mite chilly in that parking lot, at least we didn't bring the 6" of snow by simply scheduling the event!

We should start thinking about future events. With my performance bent, I'd like to consider holding a high-performance school/track day, perhaps at a track like Pueblo Motorsports Park. Problem is, PMI and most area tracks will start running their scheduled events beginning in April. Does anyone want me to start planning something before then? Certainly, this will guarantee BIG SNOW!
dkmura -- I think that is a good idea. I've heard that the owner of PMI is flexible in terms of scheduling events. If we get enough people, we could probably reserve a day before April. I can contact PMI and get more details...

If anyone else is interested, please respond. The more people that respond, the better it helps our business case for reserving a day for the Zs. It doesn't have to be limited to Zs though. The more the better!
Old 01-26-2003, 12:14 PM
GaryM05

The meet was great! I enjoyed meeting everyone, and I look forward to many future meets/drives/track days/etc.

I would absolutely be up for a track day before April if we can pull one together. I've never driven on a track, but I look forward to getting my Z out on one where I can push it a bit. I've already got quite a few weekend commitments over the next 3 months, but maybe if we can get something scheduled soon, we'll have a little more flexibility in picking a good weekend to do it.

Like you said, dkmura, planning something like this will guarantee snow, but we'll never know if we don't try! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help in putting something like this together.

Gary
Old 01-26-2003, 07:42 PM
Shogun
Charter Member #54

Great get together! It was really nice meeting everybody and thank you Mudd for initiating the thread!

Thank you Bob for for the "pimp" stereo as well as the root beer!

Yes, track session sounds a lot more fun and safe than putting "me" out there with more than twenty other crazed drivers taking advantage of free track time. David, I'm certain you know that I'm NOT referring to you?

Count me in.
Old 01-26-2003, 08:03 PM
Mudd

I also had a great time yesterday. My girlfriend and I were very pleased with the turnout and success of the meet. Everyone was so nice and a pleasure to meet.

I am all for the track time and would love to participate. The only concern I have is my car. If it has not come in yet then I wouldn't be able to participate, but if it has, well I am there in a for sure.

As always, weekends work best for me right now, but come summer, weekdays are usually good for me as well.

I am looking foward to are next meet as I'm sure others are as well but hopefully by the next meet I will have the Z by then.
Old 01-26-2003, 08:08 PM
Oh4aZ

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I would be happy to try to coordinate something at PMI -- I just want to clarify what type of "track" we are talking about;

1/4 mile or autocross?

Quick Reply: Any Colorado Z Owners?