5) J.T. H Friend Eagle Talon
6) Amarao (my350Z.com) G35
7) Psyclone (s2ki.com) S2000
8) Dkmura [David] (My350z.com) 350Z
9) Bamyi (My350z.com) 350Z
10) Jgray [Joel] (My350z.com) 350Z
11) Bottom [David] (My350z.com) 350Z

Half Day:
12) Goku S2000 (s2ki.com) (preference but willing to go for full day)
13) Goku Friend Integra (preference but willing to go for full day)
14) Travis (Codrift.org) FC-RX7

Unknown Half or Full:
15) Adam (codrift.org) S13/SR20DET
16) Denver (s2kca.com) S2000
17) Nick4592 (WRX or T-leg)
18) Ken (Evo 8 )
19) Phil (Mustang)
}

Potentially:
{
20) Devin (codrift.org) TE27 Corolla
21) RobertK (my350Z.com) 350Z
22) Spa01s2k (s2ki.com) S2000
23) Peter (my350Z.com) 350Z
24) Red-S2k-00 (s2ki.com) S2000
25) dchrastil (my350z.com) 350Z
26) Mirror (s2ki.com) S2000
27) Spartikus' Friend Miata
28) J.T. H Dad IS350!
29) STImachine [Aarron] (s2ki.com)
30) gypsy [Zaena] (s2ki.com)
}

=======================================================
With this update I'd like to get a feel for the experience level of individual participants.
1) How many people have been on a circuit before?
2) How many people have been on this circuit before?
3) Any other events (Autox, school, etc.)?

Depending on the responses, it may be nice to structure a part of the morning for instruction, giving the rest of the day for free-run!

Several people have offered to provide instruction/pointers to any who want it. (anyone could benefit from some instruction from an experienced racer!).

I was also curious if anyone had a decent canopy/tent/gazebo, I was considering buying one from Target, (30.00), it'd be nice to bring those, it'll probably still be good and hot (hopefully) and shade is rare around the paddock!

-Barry

Last edited by Hyper-Z; 08-24-2006 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:37 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Well guys I'm pretty much sure I won't be back in time for this event. Hopefully there will be another soon after this one. Have fun and be safe!!!
Old 08-27-2006, 01:55 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,299 Likes on 900 Posts

Here's a online video link of a lap around PMI:

http://www.nasarockymountain.com/nas...hread.php?t=94
Old 08-29-2006, 02:47 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

There doesn't appear to be much response to feedback on this thread. I'm guessing from the responses that we'll have 3-4 drivers with lapping experience at PMI or other tracks. That makes it a bit dicey for the 10, 12, 15...? newbies who may, or may not show up. I'd like to know whether people want to spend a significant amount of time/effort on instruction, or should we just offer some 'follow-the-leader' lapping to give everyone an idea of the line? If I don't hear anything on this thread, I'll assume it's the latter and forget about offering any more structure to the program.

Last edited by dkmura; 08-29-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:26 PM
jgray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Barry (Hyper-Z) please share a link to the S2Ki site where this event is being discussed. I think we're having a disconnect because the event is being organized between 2 separate forums as well open invitations to "friends."

I share David's (Dkmura) remarks above and would add that with the potential of 20 or more cars at PMI, it's not a question of "if we should have structure," rather "what should the structure be?" At PMI, we are facing a large number of cars, dissimilar makes and performance levels and a wide range of driver abilities. At a minimum, there needs to be a driver's meeting to discuss the basics, and that needs to somehow be communicated to the stragglers that show up later for a half-day.

Ideally, someone needs to step up and take charge and those that attend need to abide or we're in for some potentially dangerous results. David (Dkmura) has offered his time and experience and I would take it without hesitation. I guarantee that David's HPDE events are equal to or better than similar events that you would pay big bucks for, and he's putting it out there for free! I'll volunteer to assist - any other takers?

Joel
Old 08-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Amarao

I think David and Joel are 100% correct, however they're aren't that many people from my350z.com going other than the few who have already voiced their opinions. So like Joel said we should get a link to the s2k site to make this work a little better.

BTW, I'm on vacation right now and this was the first time I was able to check anything online in a week.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:48 AM
bamyi

Well, as for me, I don't have track experience. I would be happy with spending ALL day with instructions. I will take any knowledge anyone is willing to give me.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:11 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Here's a link to the S2K site:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...&#entry8456630

I've already posted there and tried to solicit their support.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:18 AM
jgray

Originally Posted by Hyper-Z
With this update I'd like to get a feel for the experience level of individual participants.
1) How many people have been on a circuit before?
2) How many people have been on this circuit before?
3) Any other events (Autox, school, etc.)?
-Barry
My experience:

Q1 & 2:
Since purchasing my Z in August of ’04, I have participated in several open track day events at PMI and Second Creek, as well as an HPDE event sponsored by David (Dkmura).

Q3 (other):

US Grand Prix at Indianapolis (2006 season) USAC Volunteer
- Formula 1 Grid Marshal and Park Ferme pusher team
- Formula BMW Grid Marshal
- Porsche Supercup Grid Marshal
Denver Grand Prix (2006 Season) SCCA Regional Volunteer for the SPEED World Challenge Touring Car Series
- Technical Inspections
- Trap speed recording
- Pre-grid
G-Force Racing Team (’05 and ’06 Seasons) MRA
- Assist pit crew/riders at as many regional events I can attend

I would describe my level of knowledge and experience as novice or enthusiast.

- Joel
Old 08-30-2006, 07:59 AM
Hyper-Z

Hey guys, I've been out of the loop for the last few days!

DK, Joel, i'll pm you guys my cell# and we can discuss this further.

-Barry
Old 09-03-2006, 05:33 AM
bamyi

Well, it doesn't suprise me but my work has scheduled me to work on the 8th!

This is about the 4th time this year that I have to miss out on Z events due to last minute schedule changes. Sorry guys but I'm going to have to sit this one out.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:23 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by bamyi
Well, it doesn't suprise me but my work has scheduled me to work on the 8th!

This is about the 4th time this year that I have to miss out on Z events due to last minute schedule changes. Sorry guys but I'm going to have to sit this one out.
Sorry to hear that. With track time becoming precious, it's always a disappointment when you plan ahead and still have to cancel.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:59 PM
bamyi

yeah, I was really looking forward to this one too.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Hyper-Z

Arg man that sucks! Its the worst when you already told them what you were doing.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:44 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

2006 Pueblo Track Day Agenda September 8, 2006

Disclaimer: Motorsports is an endeavor that inherently involves risk to both driver and vehicle. While the organizer/instructors will attempt to provide a safe and fun experience for each participant, this in no way guarantees against any type of personal injury or property damage incurred during the day. Participation in any portion of this track day is voluntary and any risk incurred is the individual responsibility of each driver/passenger. The organizer/instructors assume NO liability for any accident, which might occur during this event. In agreeing to participate in this event, each person agrees to these conditions.

Friday 8-8:30 a.m.- Drivers meeting at SW corner of track (near drag race control tower) BEFORE anyone hits the track to discuss safety and passing rules. Note the ONLY entrance and exit points of the track will be on the south end of the circuit (see map). Due to lack of runoff area in certain corners, this circuit is run in a clockwise configuration ONLY. Never back up at any point on the track! We will break into run groups and assign instructors for those who want to learn. 25-minute sessions alternating between experienced driver groups and those just learning the line. Those groups will follow single-file behind the instructors and use a 'leap frog' passing technique to allow each person the opportunity to follow directly behind the instructor. Note that we will gradually increase speeds during these sessions and slowly move-in our braking points. Use the break in-between sessions to give feedback to your instructor and fellow students. Check tire pressures (to prevent over-inflation as the tires heat up) and stay hydrated. If your brakes need a session to cool-down, feel free to ask one of the instructors to let you ride along for one of the next lapping sessions. Helmets are mandatory for anyone riding or driving the track!

At noon, we will stop to allow the half-day drivers to enter the circuit and get unloaded while we have lunch. There may be a brief driver's meeting after lunch before we get started again. If there are more inexperienced drivers we'll offer another follow-the-leader run group after 1 p.m. Later in the afternoon, there will be open hot lap run groups until the 4 p.m. shutdown time. Remember that the grand prize for the day is to increase your awareness and knowledge of high-performance driving and your reward is to take your gorgeous car home- INTACT- once the day is over. Anyone interested can follow to an excellent Mexican restaurant in Pueblo for dinner and some bench racing with your friends!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:28 AM
Bottom

Dave: Thanks for the post, it make me feel better that there is a set structure to the day. It sounds like everyone is on the same page and concerned with having a good safe time.

Bamyi: Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it.

My brake pads will be here this afternoon, woot. I'm looking forward to Friday.

David
Old 09-06-2006, 03:33 AM
bamyi

I try not to visit this thread anymore. The more David post, the more I want to just call in sick.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:54 AM
Hyper-Z

Bamyi, you know you want to, just do it!!!

Just a reminder, Denver people who are going down on Friday, We'll be meeting up at "the Great Indoors" parking lot at 5.30am, and leaving at 6.00am sharp!

-Barry
Old 09-06-2006, 07:42 PM
jgray

Well $#!%!

Somehow over the lats 24 hours I aquired a bug of some sorts. I've got the whole ear, nose and throat thing going. I'm beat and everything is a foggy. Don't count me out though. I'll be at PMI if it kills me! Just don't be offended if I don't shake your hand - it's for your own good. I'll likely be runing at 80% on the track, so you guys will have lots of fun passing me! Just to clarify, I'm still in as long as I'm not hugging the vitrious china.

Joel
Old 09-06-2006, 08:01 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Default Bad news, more bad news and some good news!

Sorry to report that today I had an accident with my Z. I was in the wilds of Brighton and came to a intersection at 136th and Sable that I misinterpreted as a four-way stop. As I pulled out, a mini-van plowed into my Redline Z's RF wheel area as he proceeded northbound.

Cursing my misjudgement, I quickly checked on the other driver (he was OK). Unfortunately, both our vehicles were damaged enough that both needed to be towed (more on that later). I probably violated every known legal bit of advice by proceeding to apologize to the older driver of the van and acknowledging my responsibility for the accident. That story didn't change when the cops and emergency personnal showed up and took our statements (one patrolman said it was rare when any driver EVER acknowledged a mistake).

Predictably, I got the ticket in this case and richly deserved it. My stupid move will end up costing plenty on my future insurance. As for the Z, it was hit hard enough to puncture the radiator and the RF suspension (including both upper and lower A arms and probably the Koni 8241 damper) is history. The Rays forged wheel and the sheetmetal from the front quarter panel forward is either dented or bent. Nice, eh?

So I won't be taking the Z to the track this Friday and the news doesn't get any better. My right wrist is swollen and painful tonight (no, I didn't want any ride in the friggin' ambulance), so I won't put anybody else at risk by trying to drive at PMI unless I make a miraclous recovery in 48 hours.

What could possibly be the GOOD NEWS you might ask? Well, I remain committed to seeing this Friday's track day happen and I STILL plan to show up bright and early at PMI. Even if I can't drive, I'd be willing to set up the driver's meeting, monitor/instruct with the groups and even signal the end of the sessions. If we have enough interest (or rain), I may get the threshold braking, accident avoidence and other driver exercises ready. I can even ride along with other drivers and offer feedback (have helmet, will travel). In summary, I hope my idiot mistake won't result in any more defections from Friday's event.

PS to Bamyi- now this is a post that will really make you sick!

Last edited by dkmura; 09-06-2006 at 08:03 PM.

Quick Reply: PMI Open day.