South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

No more Vortech.... TT kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 03:03 PM
hr2burn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjg
True true...

I guess I shouldn't say 'easy' way out... I guess I mean, more like the 'unnatural half-brother you really don't want'. Aka, sure you can do it, but it's so not what the Z engine is designed for and that is a large part of the cost... why not just buy an Evo9 and be done with it? Sure they aren't purdy like a z, but ***** to the wall performance, can't touch them for the cash...
MAN...I don't know you! (gives a talk to the hand gesture...)
Old 01-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

LOL I like the little battle here. You know somedays I'm think I'm staying N/A!!! Easier on the engine, weight reduction vs boosted, etc... Than I read dyno charts and see 400+whp and I'm like the JWT TT is mine!!! (Once I get $8k+.) Than I drive around town and I stop by Motor City in the Springs.... And I look at one of these:

And I think... Damn I wish I was rich! However... I like the Z crew we have here in Colorado. Everyone has something different and we're all open to share our experiences with what mods we've done. We have; Kevin w/ the Vortech soon to be TT kit, Sean and his ST Turbonetics (Can't wait to see one the dyno!), Justin and his Greddy TT, Dave and his G35 JWT TT, and multiple N/A motors out there.

The best part is that we all have our goals and we don't insult one another for their choices. I'm on (Been on) other forums, even this one, where if you choose a mod that someone else doesn't agree with, you're an idiot. I'm just happy of the 350Z community that we have.

BTW: I will own a faster car than you Kevin one day. LOL
Old 01-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Dave and his G35 JWT TT....

....we don't insult one another for their choices.
Just wait until I get the 4.2 stroker kit. And if you don't get that, then you're an idiot!!!
Old 01-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
Just wait until I get the 4.2 stroker kit. And if you don't get that, then you're an idiot!!!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:22 PM
hr2burn

Originally Posted by rjg
I should have added... I've been in a couple boosted Z's, including Juztins. No offense man, just didn't really think it was all that fast. I think it's a n/a thing - my friends EVO9 doesn't seem fast either (well, untill he blows by me... hehe). I guess I like to stomp it and feel it immediately... I'm not use to boosted cars... maybe if I owned and drove one... still, I'm betting my n/a setup, in most daily driver conditions (aka, wiping around town or in light traffic), is going to give boosted cars some fits. Well, that's my hope at least...

I'll probably be installing a TT next year once I get this done and I get crushed by kevin!
Oh man it's so freakin on....no Juztin or Kevin...my single turbo against your Z. If your not into street racing, I'll see ya @ bandimere in March/April or as soon as they open. (J-man takes off his glove and ***** slaps Rjg)
Old 01-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by hr2burn
Oh man it's so freakin on....no Juztin or Kevin...my single turbo against your Z. If your not into street racing, I'll see ya @ bandimere in March/April or as soon as they open. (J-man takes off his glove and ***** slaps Rjg)
Old 01-11-2007, 05:26 PM
hr2burn

AND ANOTHER THING.....it's a different story if you get a low power engine and put serious bost on it to compensate. I have YOUR engine with boosted ADDITIONAL power. There is NO LAG. MAybe it's all the sake', but I'm kinda pissed!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

AND ANOTHER THING.....it's a different story if you get a low power engine and put serious bost on it to compensate. I have YOUR engine with boosted ADDITIONAL power. There is NO LAG. MAybe it's all the sake', but I'm kinda pissed!
com'on Sean! "Too each their own!"
Old 01-11-2007, 05:40 PM
hr2burn

Robert, seriously. n/a is great, but you would have to pull the motor and build it to the point it would not be street driveable to compete with F.I. What's the highest hp/tq you've een on a NA Z? 310?320? I haven't but I'll throw a bone.
It just kinda ignorant, and in my 3 years here I've never called anyone out or ruffled feathers...but really WTFMF?! (Kev and Shan's line)
I'm done, I am tagging out. Who's up?
Old 01-11-2007, 06:26 PM
hr2burn

Originally Posted by Juztin
My car feels slow for me too (and I'm not joking )! I need to build the motor already :-/ Need to go shake my money tree
Ummmmmm....yeahhhhh....about that.......IT"S NOT SLOW!!!! If your dyno numbers aren't enough then do some 1/4 mile times. Your driving an orange rocket! Buck up little camper!!!
Old 01-11-2007, 06:29 PM
kevinapex

MOFOWTF, I roll with you J-man!
NICE SIG
Old 01-11-2007, 06:30 PM
kevinapex

That is laughable
Old 01-11-2007, 06:59 PM
hr2burn

Thanks man...It's just you don't come into my house and.......
Old 01-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Abishop

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sean dont play around.......ha ha i like it.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:03 AM
youngZ33

Originally Posted by rjg
I should have added... I've been in a couple boosted Z's, including Juztins. No offense man, just didn't really think it was all that fast. I think it's a n/a thing - my friends EVO9 doesn't seem fast either (well, untill he blows by me... hehe). I guess I like to stomp it and feel it immediately... I'm not use to boosted cars... maybe if I owned and drove one... still, I'm betting my n/a setup, in most daily driver conditions (aka, wiping around town or in light traffic), is going to give boosted cars some fits. Well, that's my hope at least...

I'll probably be installing a TT next year once I get this done and I get crushed by kevin!
o_O...
Old 01-12-2007, 08:04 AM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

LOL so when we going cruising and hunting for cars to kill on the streets J-Man?

But I do have to chime in about the giving boosted cars some fits, that really depends on what kind of boosted cars you are referring to. Evo's, STi's, turbo civic's, you wont give them any fits, they'll wipe you out if they're close to stock much less modded. Granted if they're stock you can probably pull a quicky on them, but I dont come across many of those cars in stock trim anymore. I've ran into a few na Z's just driving my car around town and they didn't give me any fits

But my boosted setup does feel slow to me....until I look in the rear view mirror and see all the cars wayyyyy and i mean wayyy back. It hides it's speed very well, but the power is definately there at all times. It's the same VQ35 under your hood, only 2800-6600 rpm's it has more than double the power.

I can tell you going from a stop light to 70 miles an hour even with all the shifting and breaking traction takes me less than 4 seconds hands down.

I humbled a new 996tt on the highway and was dead even with a S4 w/ a K04 upgrade, going FI was the best mods I've made to the car lol. I did a lot of N/A mods early on and they all added up to about 7k including labor, and that only got me around 25hp extra. Granted I didn't do the UTEC then, but either way, another 7k in FI parts with another 2k in labor got me an extra 225hp and 200tq at the wheels, my car dyno'ed n/a on my buddys dyno at 220hp and 200tq!!! After boost it was 447/401. Hands down FI is a much better return on hp/dollar, but I also think as well with performance as here at high altitude the vq35 is already starving for air, so once boosted it definately becomes a totally different car.

I would like to run a Viper seeing how that's got a HUGE n/a engine w/ some very respectable power, but my point is, to really give some cars here trouble n/a you better be packing a huge motor.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:02 AM
myspivey

Originally Posted by Juztin
LOL so when we going cruising and hunting for cars to kill on the streets J-Man?

But I do have to chime in about the giving boosted cars some fits, that really depends on what kind of boosted cars you are referring to. Evo's, STi's, turbo civic's, you wont give them any fits, they'll wipe you out if they're close to stock much less modded. Granted if they're stock you can probably pull a quicky on them, but I dont come across many of those cars in stock trim anymore. I've ran into a few na Z's just driving my car around town and they didn't give me any fits

But my boosted setup does feel slow to me....until I look in the rear view mirror and see all the cars wayyyyy and i mean wayyy back. It hides it's speed very well, but the power is definately there at all times. It's the same VQ35 under your hood, only 2800-6600 rpm's it has more than double the power.

I can tell you going from a stop light to 70 miles an hour even with all the shifting and breaking traction takes me less than 4 seconds hands down.

I humbled a new 996tt on the highway and was dead even with a S4 w/ a K04 upgrade, going FI was the best mods I've made to the car lol. I did a lot of N/A mods early on and they all added up to about 7k including labor, and that only got me around 25hp extra. Granted I didn't do the UTEC then, but either way, another 7k in FI parts with another 2k in labor got me an extra 225hp and 200tq at the wheels, my car dyno'ed n/a on my buddys dyno at 220hp and 200tq!!! After boost it was 447/401. Hands down FI is a much better return on hp/dollar, but I also think as well with performance as here at high altitude the vq35 is already starving for air, so once boosted it definately becomes a totally different car.

I would like to run a Viper seeing how that's got a HUGE n/a engine w/ some very respectable power, but my point is, to really give some cars here trouble n/a you better be packing a huge motor.
I cant wait to be in the league of turbo VQ's. Having an evo or sti is fine and all, but when a VQ flys by you and your sitting there wondering what just happened, its a pretty rewarding feeling. Espically if they had no clue you had it. I think justin has the ultimate sleeper. Dirty, no visual mods, no massive exhuast. Its just there, then way out in front of you. Good way to make someone with a nice car they thought was fast get brought back to earth a little.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

I put a little "TT" next to the G35 on the back of my G, but I think I will take it off. Other than that, the only thing visible is the HKS exhaust.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:29 AM
hr2burn

Thanks for steppin up Tur-bro's!
Old 01-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Thanks for steppin up Tur-bro's!

Quick Reply: No more Vortech.... TT kit