Notices
South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

Detailers Paradise FTW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Starchecker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Detailers Paradise FTW!!!

Just wanted to let everyone in Colorado know what a great job Detailers Paradise did on my new 2005 Z Roadster that I bought to replace the car I totaled in July.

The 2005 only had 9,000 miles on it, but the dealer or previous owner put some nasty buff swirls on the trunk lid, the hood and the flares around the wheel wells.

Also it looked like the buffing bonnet fell off and the wheel scratched the hood near the windshield. Interestingly you could not see it all waxed and in the direct sunlight, but when I got it home and washed it, it was plain as day and made me sick to my stomach.

And there is more! They left some Bird S--- on the door right by the drivers side window that etched into the paint.

Detailers Paradise told me over the phone it would probably take two hours to get rid of the swirls on the hood and trunk lid, so about $100. Later when I found out about the other damage I assumed it would take more time.

Well I dropped it off last week, and in one hour he: Had to do a quick clay bar as the paint was dirty(not to the naked eye, it was just washed), then he polished and waxed all those surfaces and TOTALLY got rid of all the buff swirls. I can't beleive the difference in the look. He also totally removed the scratching from the buff wheel by the windshield. The Bird Crap unfortunately had etched in enough he didn't feel comfortable getting rid of it all, wanted to make sure we had some clear coat left. The good news is you would never see it if I didn't point it out and you would have to catch it just right in the light.

All that for $50!!! I can't tell you how ecstatic I am that it looks so great. The car was in such great shape except for those things, and now they are all taken care of.

Major Props to Detailer Paradise. They are actually on Broadway north of Evans in Denver, not University as it shows on Yahoo.

Just talking to him on the phone through the whole investigation process I knew the guy knew his stuff.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:32 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Pics???? I need to get my Z professional detailed.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob: youngZ33 did a great job on my G, despite numerous scrratches and swirls and different paint than Z's. I'd recommend him.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Starchecker

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Pics???? I need to get my Z professional detailed.
Can't get pics now because my car is at DMI getting the ding and scratch removed on the front bumper. Boulder Nissan is paying for that since they were supposed to have that fixed prior to me picking it up.

However, just a testament to Detailers Paradise I was talking to the guy at DMI to see what it would cost to get the etched in bird crap area repainted and he asked where I had it polished. When I told him Detailers Paradise, he immediately responded with, "That guy knows his stuff!" So this guy has a reputation even with professional shops down in the Springs.

I asked youngz33 if it was possible to remove the buff swirls out of my car, but he acted like he didn't know what they were and said that buffing removes the swirls, it doesn't create them. I didn't bother after that. Detailers knew exactly what I was talking about.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:01 AM
myspivey

So you know Young works at Detailers heh.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Starchecker

Originally Posted by myspivey
So you know Young works at Detailers heh.
No I didn't, I was just relaying how the investigation went. When I talked to the owner at detailers paradise he knew exactly what I was talking about and was a wealth of information. When I PM'd youngZ33 his response certainly didn't inspire confidence. I hope you can understand that.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:51 PM
youngZ33

glad nick took care of that for you, i think i remember when u asked me the question, i didnt know exactly what you were talking about so i pmed you asking what exactly what it was but you never responded back because im sure you didnt feel "confident"
Old 08-23-2007, 12:53 PM
youngZ33

Robert and Dave

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...tml#post984600

theres the details. couldnt post here to large
Old 08-23-2007, 01:06 PM
myspivey

Wow, getting a little hot in here guys...
Old 08-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Starchecker

Originally Posted by youngZ33
Robert and Dave

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...tml#post984600

theres the details. couldnt post here to large
That's some great work. If you work at Detailer's then you must be good. I didn't know you from Adam. I figured if even I knew what buff swirls were then going to someone who didn't wasn't a good idea.

I stand corrected.

and it's not too hot in here from this side.