Notices
South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

NASA at Pueblo, March 15/16

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008 | 12:08 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2
Premier Member

Dave: side note-what brand and model was that rechargeable impact driver you had for doing your wheels? It was much easier than breaking them loose with a breaker bar, and then driving the rest of the way loose with a rechargeable drill.
Old 03-17-2008 | 06:02 PM
jgray

Sean, it was great to meet you and I hope to see you again at future events - NASA or otherwise. It was great to see the rest of you again too. I think this was a great event aside from the cold weather on Sunday and Dave's mechanical troubles. I can't think of a better way to shake off the winter blues than to hang with you guys at the track! See you in May if not sooner.

Joel

Dave P. - I have one of those hammer drills too. It's a Goodyear brand; bought mine at Pep Boys for about 89 bucks.
Old 03-17-2008 | 06:40 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

Dave- Those rechargable impact wrenches are branded--as Joel pointed out--as Goodyear Racing. They're actually an Allied product and cheap as hell from Pep Boys. Look for them on sale in the Sunday paper promos from time-to-time.

BTW- my memory keeps flashing back to that first session we ran on Sunday morning. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! While it wasn't a race event (especially with a passenger), it was fun stalking, catching and passing both the Carrera 4S and Vette. Times weren't as good as the day before, but for pure entertainment, it's hard to beat that for FUN!
Old 03-17-2008 | 07:54 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2
Premier Member

Ok, cool, thanks for the info. The ride was great, as was the one from Joel! Catching the Vette and Carrera, and passing them where we did was a lot of fun, and I definitely learned a lot, from you, and from Joel, as well.

You are both great drivers, and while I knew you were really good, I had no idea Joel was as good of a driver as he was, either. What really impressed me with Joel was that he is doing all that on a base model Z, with no LSD!!!
Old 03-18-2008 | 05:23 AM
GaryM05

It was great to see everyone at the track, as always, and it was DEFINITELY good to see another track-event newcomer (Sean) take the chance to come out and see what all the excitement is about.

Dave P - thanks again for the ride on Saturday! I had a great time, but was sorry to see the mechanical gremlins strike. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Thanks, also, for the generous offer of a place to stay on Sunday night if we couldn't make it home through the weather. Fortunately, we were able to make it back, though we did find ourselves driving through some heavy, wet snowfall. Those who left early definitely made the right decision.

Sean - congrats on getting that beautiful Nismo Z out on track! It was fun to watch you out there, and I enjoyed seeing your obvious enjoyment at what you were experiencing. Great job!

Joel - congrats on moving up to group 4! That's a significant accomplishment, and one to be proud of. Like Dave said, the times that you're putting down in that car are unbelievable...are you sure you're not paying off the Timing & Scoring people? It's tough to see anyone who could beat you in TTC, if you decide to go that route.

Dave M - what can I say that hasn't already been said? None of us would have been out there if it wasn't for you, so thanks as always for getting us out there (and keeping us out there). It was great to see you again, as always.
Old 03-18-2008 | 09:12 AM
tsabrale
ima shirimasen
Premier Member

I wish I could have made the event, even as a passenger, but the passes have not been friendly to me. And I didn't want to risk snow. But I should be able to make the summer events. Glad everyone who could make it had fun.
Old 03-18-2008 | 09:22 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2
Premier Member

Next one's in May! See you thre, I hope. Ask Sean if it was worth it. I think I might know his answer...
Old 03-18-2008 | 12:50 PM
tsabrale
ima shirimasen
Premier Member

Cool, I can't wait. The weather here in Grand Junction hasn't been great, and because I was finally able to get my car out and wax her about 2 weeks ago on a REALLY NICE SUNNY DAY, it got crappy the next and I have since left her in the garage covered because I didn't feel like spending 6+ hours doing a full detail on her. So I have been driving my Dads 1983 Hardtop Benz 500SL. Old, but it's cool driving around a car about the same size as our Z's but with a big V8 up Front. At a roll, it kicks butt. :-D But I am helping him out since it hasn't been driven in over a year. So I pretty much am doing the maintenance and getting ready to park his car back in his Garage to sit. So all in all, I have been itching to drive my Z..... And the sooner on a track or AutoX course the better.
Old 03-18-2008 | 01:48 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

With the snow forcast last weekend, I feel fortunate. Drive home was easy, but I left early on Sunday and can't even fathom trying to drive over mountain passes! Save all your enthusiasm for the summer and get your entry in for the NASA May event early. I also think that the drive to Miller Motorsports Park for SCCA (Labor Day) and/or NASA (June) events should be easy for you! Get that Z ready!
Old 03-18-2008 | 03:57 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2
Premier Member

Ok, here's the latest news on May in Pueblo

Dave B says there are allready people signing up for HPDE 1/2, so if you are interested, you might want to sign up now, and not worry about getting on a waiting list. Sean knows what that's like...

NASA does offer refunds and/or credits if something comes up.
Old 03-18-2008 | 07:05 PM
ColoradoClark

I just signed up for the May event. If anybody on these forums is even remotely considering the idea, I'd say just DO it! Driving your Z on a real race track is an incredible experience that really needs to be experienced to be understood. Give it a shot -- I'm betting that you'll be coming back for more, too.

Sean
Old 03-20-2008 | 07:50 AM
tsabrale
ima shirimasen
Premier Member

Yeah, definitely sounds like a good idea. I can't wait for this snow to slow down a bit. I will see you guys at the may event for sure. I am going to go ahead and get time off for that as well. Can't wait.....
Old 03-24-2008 | 04:25 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2
Premier Member

Here are my results from the at home compression test. Maybe it was just a bad PCV valve.
Old 03-26-2008 | 04:56 AM
GaryM05

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
Here are my results from the at home compression test. Maybe it was just a bad PCV valve.
That would be great if it's just the PCV valve that went! Hopefully this fixes the problem.