Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Irwindale quarter mile

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 12:38 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Irwindale quarter mile

Well I hear it's official. Anyone gone there lately?
Old 01-11-2005, 01:20 PM
HanZolo

Official according to who? Their website says nothing about it.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My friends ran last week and it was an 1/8 mile.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:32 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

One lady I know who is politically involved with the city told me it is a project due soon. Also I talked to a guy at the LA autoshow who said it will finish this month.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:57 PM
HanZolo

That would be awesome if it's true. You could have a race that starts off with 1/4 mile, then you bust some drifts around the oval, and finish off with an autocross in the infield.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
One lady I know who is politically involved with the city told me it is a project due soon. Also I talked to a guy at the LA autoshow who said it will finish this month.
That would be great. Tracks keep closing down in the San Diego area and they have drag net out in the streets looking to bust street racing. The only way that we can keep street racing related death and injury to a minimum is if we allow car enthusiasts the freedom to utilize legal tracks.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:36 PM
FLZ_Boy

Politicians are for popular votes and revenues, practicality and common sense would be a career sinker.

Now if I was a normal politician, the reason why I would close down tracks is because:

1. If I close a race track, I will get more illegal street racers racing. The more the cops bust, the penalties/fines will go into my pockets. In California, your car can now be destroyed for street racing. I would rejoice, because you have to buy a new/used car and pay the sales tax + fees again. Mo Money to my pockets.

2. What about the cost of illegal street racing? Because police do a better job in busting people for the most lamest offenses than taking off the serial killers, oraganized criminals, scam artists, and all the real pests in life, there isn't really much revenues lost here. At least my city would have a good return on the police nabbing illegal street racers (It shouldn't be hard for the police to catch the 2 cars going fast, seriously).

Of course, there are times when a illegal drag will cause propety damage. The good part about illegal street race causing property damage is the driver will most likely have a totaled car and most likely will be caught. The police can hand the driver a fine, arrest him, than take his car away and force him to buy a new car (Hense, Reason #1). If the driver died, I should be able to recover the damage from his insurance and tag a nice fine for him (his estate) for street racing. When people say lawyers don't stop screwing you when your dead, they are right.

3. What happens when illegal street races causes a loss of life? Its a tragic event, and I would be compelled to give a speech that illegal street racing is deadly. My city should be able to collect for any property damage done, and send a nice fine to the driver (if he's dead, at least I can send it to his estate). If a bystander was injured or killed, its most likely his family will sue the driver for every penny. When the dust clears, I'll get dibs on taxes with the settlement and lawyer fees (they have to pay taxes too!). Best part is, the grieved family has money to spend, and I hope they spend it on my city (Sales taxes works wonders).

This logic of me pretending to be a politician to understand why polticians would close tracks.

I'm against illegal street racing, I don't have any problems with authorities (except for meter-maids), and I wish polticians spent more time improving society than seeing it as a career.

If I have offended someone with this logic, my apollogies.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:53 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Well I'm hoping to get my real estate license soon so I can buy us a track.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
Well I'm hoping to get my real estate license soon so I can buy us a track.
Hit me up if you need loans