Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Miller Nissan Van Nuys - Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Miller Nissan Van Nuys - Sucks

What the hell is wrong with this dealership?

I went in, the salesperson was initially cool - I asked to test drive the Z and he took me immediately up to their garage. Almost ALL of their Z's were out of gas and 1 had a dead battery. (Maintain your cars, idiots...)

Nevertheless, we had a great test-drive, nearly 45 minutes worth of driving, street, freeway, etc. When putting the car back in the garage the salesman burned the %@#$ out of the clutch...smelled awful.

Now when I went inside to talk about purchasing...I was surrounded by idiots! First of all, the only car I wanted from their lot had the Touring OEM 18" chrome rims on it for $1600 extra, a waste of money IMO. (I'll go aftermarket if I want rims, thanks). I asked if they could be swapped with aluminum alloy rims, and 1 salesperson said "no", then another said "yes, of course, we'll swap them and deduct the additional price", then another said "I don't know who told you that they can be swapped, because they are factory equipment and CANNOT be swapped".

Nevertheless, they kept trying to push the chrome rims on me, even though I was firmly against them. So they tried the "fresh face" technique where they kept trying new salespeople on me one after the other trying to get me to bite on the chrome rims. Ultimately, I ended up talking to the "Internet Sales" manager there, who pretty much gave me their best price possible, $500 over invoice on the one with the chrome rims. Then she supposedly found an identical car without the chrome rims, but it was at another dealership. I asked where this car is located, and she said "I'm not going to tell you" ...

WTF...

Then she said she can get me THAT car for $1000 over invoice. $500 extra for doing a vehicle search? No thank you, Ms. Internet Sales Biotch! I'll find the car myself and save that $500.

She was going on about how she has sold 100's of Z's and I thought she might be knowledgable about this, so I asked her, "Have you heard of the tire feathering issue", and she just came out and said "I have no idea what you're talking about." She didn't ASK WHAT IT IS, just said "nope, never heard of it." I told her I didn't believe her, and I wanted to talk to another salesperson who was more knowledgable about the Z. I asked if there was anyone there who "liked the Z personally, and might know some more about it."

She said, "Well, all our salespeople are Nissan Certified." I asked again, is there anyone who might know more about the Z. She said "No."

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS CRAPPY DEALERSHIP? Even if the answer really is "no", she could at least try to ask someone else instead of shrugging me off.

I told her, "How can you NOT know about the feathering issue if you've sold 100's of Z's? There is a TSB out for 03 and a class-action lawsuit against Nissan regarding the 03 and 04 models".

she says, "nope, never heard of it. NO ONE has come in with that problem."

I CALL BULLSH!T. Is there anyone on the forum who has come into Miller Nissan with tire feathering, and tried to get it resolved?

Then again, probably the people in this forum are savvy enough to take it to a better service place.

This stupid woman needs to be fired. She was so unprofessional...she pretty much guaranteed that they won't be getting a sale from me by being so inexperienced and unknowledgable about their own cars.

I asked other salespeople things like, "doesn't the Z have an electronic tire-pressure gauge?" "Uh I dunno, let me check for you, sir..."

Another salesperson referred to one Z as the "Base model enthusiast". That is 2 different cars, my friend!

Pretty much the only cool guy there was the salesperson who took me out for the test drive. BUT he's going to get in trouble because he didn't take my driver's license down, and he took the car out for like a really long time, the sales manager was worried sick because he had no idea where we were. He even called my cell phone to tell me to come back to the dealership!!

Friggin idiots!! I am buying through a broker now, a really good guy who gets like $400 over invoice on Z's.

I'll have my Z in a few days... can't wait. Thanks for listening to me vent.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:23 PM
skirby015

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my Z there. I absolutely hate all of the people there. I took my car there for one service and will never take it there again. they are complete a-holes. They think people are retards and I personally think they are the idiots. If i had my way, i would shut them down, thats how bad my experience was with them. universal city nissan isnt any better
Old 05-22-2005, 01:43 PM
dan-14

if you go to www.z.com you can search the inventory of dealers in your area so you can find that Z you wanted.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:45 PM
dan-14

click on "build your Z" on the middle left side of the screen.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:47 PM
iris

I bought my car from them with a trade-in in Jan. 2005. They weren't that bad (but when I went back for a service, the sales guy who sold me the Z no longer worked there).

I agree on the service though - they suck. I got my one free oil change and I'm going somewhere else from now.

And stay away from Universal City, they're worse.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:51 PM
LaoSiFu

I purchased my Z there and had a great experience with them. It also had the chrome wheel which I didn't want so I had them swap it for non-chrome. No hassle. Also got it -$500 under sticker, I think I was very fortunate that time. Esp. when the car first came out.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:33 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

whats wrong with performance nissan, just send one of them a pm, and theyll set you up with the fleet manager.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:40 PM
nickgundara

I bought my Infiniti I35 from Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys. Let me just say, it was the most horrible car-buying experience ever.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:52 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

I REALLY want to know now -

is there ANYONE on the forum that took their tire feathering issue there to get looked at or repaired? If so, I'm going to call that internet retard sales manager and tell her she's full of shyte...
Old 05-23-2005, 06:08 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally Posted by nickgundara
I bought my Infiniti I35 from Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys. Let me just say, it was the most horrible car-buying experience ever.

why even finish the purchase, I refuse to buy from a shitty car dealership unless im having alot of fun with them, (which is every riverside car dealership ive tried except infiniti and bmw)
Old 05-23-2005, 06:29 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
why even finish the purchase, I refuse to buy from a shitty car dealership unless im having alot of fun with them, (which is every riverside car dealership ive tried except infiniti and bmw)
You should try the Beverly Hills Mercedes dealership on Beverly Blvd. Near Santa Monica Blvd.

Go in, stand around looking at cars for 30+ minutes, never get talked to, never get offered to test drive a car... worst service ever. They have a big stick up their asses. Beverly Hills BMW on Wilshire Blvd is pretty good though, very willing and they have a good used selection usually. Beverly Hills Infiniti is also pretty good.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:15 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

oh i do good at nice car dealerships, maybe I look like daddy has money?

its places like acura, ford, mitsubishi, subaru, nissan, etc... that I have problems at
Old 05-23-2005, 09:12 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
oh i do good at nice car dealerships, maybe I look like daddy has money?

its places like acura, ford, mitsubishi, subaru, nissan, etc... that I have problems at
The biggest mistake you can make as a car dealership is assuming someone has/does not have money.

A good friend of mine showed up in shorts and sandals to a Jaguar dealership...tried to get service for about 10 minutes (the place was empty of customers), no one wanted to talk to him. After about 15 minutes, he walked back to his Bentley, honked the horn once or twice, then waved good-bye to the salesmen who were staring in awe.

You shouldn't have to dress nicely or appear to have money to get service.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:16 PM
iris

+1000. I went to Rusnak Porsche in Thousand Oaks and they didn't give me the time of day. Uh, your mistake. I went to Pacific Porsche and they were super nice and let me test drive a Carrera. Safe to say that's where I'm going to buy from.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:32 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

and i cant wait to see it, youve got me thinking of a cayman S now, damn you!
Old 05-23-2005, 12:52 PM
desiZ

i went there about 3 years ago when i was on the market for an 02 altima, and there was an english fellow... spoke with a strong brit accent, who tried to sell me an 02 altima at msrp... i laughed and left... never to return!!! they're on the same list as universal city nissan...
Old 05-23-2005, 01:03 PM
mrtomcat

I got mine at Miller Nissan in Woodland Hills via Cars Direct. So I didn't have to deal with the sales hassle but I attached my little thread below with my service problems.

They still have not resolved it. It's going on 3 weeks. I sent a letter to Nissan directly to complain and an email to Miller Nissan. They suck!

https://my350z.com/forum/southern-california/123100-car-dealers-and-service-will-they-ever-learn.html
Old 05-23-2005, 01:55 PM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

yeah i bought my car at miller as well. such a bad experience. they tried to push the oem wing on me for $800 that was on the sticker but not on the car. told sorry. i also told them to take of the shitty 17 enkei wheels that were $3000 grand on the sticker. man i told them i can get after market wheels way better than that. they just rolled there eyes. @$$holes eat ***** and die you scum. wow maybe i need therapy for my anger issues
Old 05-23-2005, 10:45 PM
desiZ

Originally Posted by nismo33
............ @$$holes eat ***** and die you scum. wow maybe i need therapy for my anger issues
Lol... or maybe u just need some doom3...