Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Next brainstorm meet & BBQ with David (head engineer) from APS 7/23/2005

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 03:55 PM
alpine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBI
i will be there, too bad its not carne asada this time. last time i just went home and passed out from the euphoric combination of forced induction and carne asada. see you saturday.
Hey who said it wouldn't be carne asada?

Ready for another run?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:58 AM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Mmmmm carne asada.
Attached Thumbnails Next brainstorm meet & BBQ with David (head engineer) from APS 7/23/2005-image-195-.jpg   Next brainstorm meet & BBQ with David (head engineer) from APS 7/23/2005-image-200-.jpg   Next brainstorm meet & BBQ with David (head engineer) from APS 7/23/2005-image-197-.jpg   Next brainstorm meet & BBQ with David (head engineer) from APS 7/23/2005-image-198-.jpg   Next brainstorm meet & BBQ with David (head engineer) from APS 7/23/2005-image-199-.jpg  

Last edited by charlie_rdstr_Z; 07-20-2005 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:37 PM
mrtomcat

I dropped off my car at Brainstorm this morning, so I get to check on my baby on saturday
Old 07-20-2005, 12:53 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Originally Posted by mrtomcat
I dropped off my car at Brainstorm this morning, so I get to check on my baby on saturday
I'm going to hit Malibu canyons right now and drive right by BS. I'll make sure they haven't blown your motor.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:18 PM
vkzawa

Can someone let me know who this guy is, I saw his Z there but I left early and didn't get a chance to talk with him.

I want to know what the name of his rear bumper is. Me likey.
Attached Thumbnails Next brainstorm meet & BBQ with David (head engineer) from APS 7/23/2005-who.jpg  
Old 07-20-2005, 01:22 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

front looks like vertex, a picture of the rear would help :P
Old 07-20-2005, 01:33 PM
vkzawa

Ya unfortunately I didn't take pics, and I don't know if anyone snapped anymore of that Z. I am getting the vertex front, and I know that wasn't the vertex rear, thats why I wanted to know if anyone knew him. I figure Apline might know him as he is friends with the brainstorm guys, and this Z has had a lot of work done at brainstorm.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:48 PM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
I'm going to hit Malibu canyons right now and drive right by BS. I'll make sure they haven't blown your motor.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:49 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

i believe albines car is blue?
Old 07-20-2005, 02:30 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
i believe albines car is blue?
I'm pretty sure that is Alpines car..
Old 07-20-2005, 02:37 PM
sbcbaseball

+1..That is Alpines car
Old 07-20-2005, 04:58 PM
nickgundara

I talked quite a bit with Brainstorm before I got my TT setup installed. A sound company and a great bunch of knowledgeable people. If you're interested in an APS TT, these guys know their stuff. Check em out.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:35 PM
vkzawa

ok, I'm gonna hit up alpine then, ya now that I think of it, that would have been his car since he is buddies with Brainstorm, and he said he was gonna be there early.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:49 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Alpine:

I had the opportunity to talk to the guys at Brainstorm when we used your car for testing. They were very helpful and informative. Give me best to everyone. I wish I could go but I am in Asia until late August.....
Old 07-20-2005, 10:11 PM
NOBI

yea its joes, that thing is a beast! hell yea im ready for another run! see you on saturday.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:18 AM
alpine

Default Wassup!

Hey guys sorry I was outta touch there for a bit, been in the field and personally unavailable.

I sent a message over to vkzawa about the rear, and some of you already know the answer to this, and I know it may not be taken very well in some cases for various reasons.

The entire body kit is a replica kit, and it's not the best one out there, but that isn't why I got it. I bought it from someone personally, they were getting another kit themselves, so I don't have any real info on the thing.

I got the kit because it's different from what I had seen out there, and that was 5 months ago now everyone is talking about the Vertex kit and there are some similarities so who knows....

I like the way the kit looks on my car, although it does have some quality issues, I'm willing to live with it and that is a personal choice.

Sorry I can't be more helpful than this, and I do appreciate the comments about the setup, and the time many of you have taken with me, and it's always my pleasure to share when possible.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:22 AM
alpine

Originally Posted by zland
Alpine:

I had the opportunity to talk to the guys at Brainstorm when we used your car for testing. They were very helpful and informative. Give me best to everyone. I wish I could go but I am in Asia until late August.....
Hey Jeff, glad to hear from you and we'll see you when you get back.

The crew at Brainstorm are the best and I'm glad you had a chance to experience that.

As far as the Article goes I wa glad to be a part of it since it is entirely a Z community magazine, and I am hoping your readers will enjoy the article, information, and I look forward to supporting the readers as well.

You and I know there are a lot of ways to get where you're going in regards to MODS and Performance Upgrades, and there is nothing like real information to make the right choices, for YOU and your goals, vs. whatever the internet engineers and "ricers" are up to to which I tend not to follow or contribute to.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:00 PM
bsp
Sponsor
Brainstorm Performance

Hey Guys!

Well it looks like we've finally got setup on here. We just used paypal to pay the fees. Anyways, first off I'd like to thank Alpine for helping us out by spreading the word.

Secondly I'd like to let everyone know that we really look forward to an awesome day tomorrow. We're all very excited and hope that this event will lead to more events. We'd like more people to come stop by and hang out, even if we're not doing any work to your car.

We've still got some dyno openings after 3:00PM, so if anyone is interested, please give me a call to reserve a slot on the dyno.

Hope to see everyone tomorrow!

Thanks,
Christian
Old 07-22-2005, 04:14 PM
mrtomcat

Welcome Christian,
looking forward to tomorrow and of course to have a sneek at my baby's progress
Old 07-23-2005, 04:00 PM
mrtomcat

Just got back.

It was a pleasure meeting some of you and I am getting more and more impressed by Brainstorm, they seem to really have their act together and are great bunch of people.

I especially enjoined chatting with David from APS. I have to say I find him to be a very friendly and knowledgeable person. I really liked that guy, no ******** straight forward answers. I expected something different based on what I read about him so far.

A few more days and I shall be fast

Quick Reply: Next brainstorm meet & BBQ with David (head engineer) from APS 7/23/2005