Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

More Praise For Performance Nissan!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Risk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up More Praise For Performance Nissan!!

As some of you know, Ive been having some tranny issues lately. I waited untill it was grinding (in 6th, 5th and sometimes 3rd) to take it in to try to get it replaced. I have been to other Nissan dealers in the past who dont really listen to the customers when there is a problem, but instead go strictly by the book. This is not the case with Performance Nissan in Duarte, CA.

As soon as I arrived I was greeted in the service drive by 2 very friendly service advisors. I had already been on the phone with Jenny in the parts department (to see if they had any transmissions in stock) and to the service manager Javier. So, I proceed to go to the parts counter to see Jenny. She is a delightful young lady and is very knowlegable about what she does. She is often times accompanied by Jason who has an excellent brain to pick about different performance tuning options with the Z. After chatting with Jenny and Jason for a while, I confirmed that they did have a tranny in stock and then moved on to the service department.

Jenny recommended that I speak with Tim in service, so I did. After a short drive in my car with Tim where I demonstrated my grinding transmission, he wrote it up and then said he would give me a call. Later that day Tim calls and says that Nissan has approved a replacement transmission for my Z and that it would be ready the next morning. At this time I let Tim know that I would also like a Jim Wolf flywheel and clutch installed since my tranny wil be being replaced anyway.

The next morning, my car is done so I pick it up and drive it around for about a day. Often times when major parts of a car are replaced, they need to be tweaked and fine tuned a bit. The new tranny, clutch, and flywheel were in wonderful working order, but were set up a little out of my liking. I call Tim to tell him this and he assures me that if I bring the car back to him, he will have his techs adjust the shifter plate and clutch pedal for me.

I brought it back the next day, they did an OUTSTANDING job tuning my new parts for me at no additional cost. They did it because they wanted me as a customer to be satisfied with their shop, and I am completely. They even made me a great deal on a Jim Wolf intake and installed it for me for my inconvienience.

Performance Nissan is without a doubt the most knowlegable, professional and friendly dealership I have ever been to and I will be a repeat customer of theirs for as long as I own Nissans.

Brian
Old 09-02-2005, 07:13 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Verda

Brian,
I 100% agree with you, Dude!

To all Members:
If you have had questionable service or a problem of the dealership not listening to your questions, rhen go see Performance Nissan is Duarte.
You may have to drive a few miles extra, but it's worth it.

626-305-3000 Ask for Jenny, Jeff or Jason

Click www.mynismo.com

Cheers Amy -
Old 09-02-2005, 07:19 PM
apexi97tsi

Excellent review!

on the side note:

I didn't like the service at Quality Nissan Temecula for my own reasons, so it's nice to know someone else shys away from them.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

Ive been having some tranny issues lately
"a mouth is a mouth" from chapelles show............

glad to hear that theyre working out for ya, how about you guy send some of that good service to the east coast
Old 09-02-2005, 08:38 PM
AmyCroft

Default What you do is call Nissan Corp

Originally Posted by CUxtopher
"a mouth is a mouth" from chapelles show............

glad to hear that theyre working out for ya, how about you guy send some of that good service to the east coast

Nissan Motor Corp. in USA
Phone: 310-532-3111
Toll free: 800-647-7261
Fax: 310-771-2025

Explain that Your Dealer Suck's and that progressive Dealers Serve the costomer better and generate more revenu.

This helps the word to mouth between potential buyers.. ( Like Toyota Owners )

Cheers Amy -
Old 09-03-2005, 08:27 AM
Wicked4u2c

Yup, I had tranny problems also and they took care of me. Actually, they fired this stupid pri*ck who wanted to take my car for a joyride. They have awesome customer service. Even though I don't have my Z, I alway's recommend people to go there. And I too will go there to buy my GTR,
Old 09-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's great, but I can't say the same for them in the service department, (Look in sig! Props to parts only! )
Old 09-03-2005, 01:54 PM
cvt

care to elaborate on their service department? i have nthing but praise for them....
Old 09-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Marty_G
Banned

they did a great job on installing my jwt clutch and flywheel.. definitely will go back to them for service when I get my z..
Old 09-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Egbert Souse

Yeah, Performance is great. I went through 3 gearboxes in my '03 Track (including the original one), and I got 2 replacements on warranty there with no questions asked.

I wish Mitsubishi had such a mod-friendly dealer for my EVO. I hear San Rafael Mitsu is good, but that's 400 miles away.

In complete contrast to Performance Nissan, Audi of Downtown L.A. refused to install drilled aluminum pedals that I bought for my S4, because they were "aftermarket modifications that might be dangerous." We are talking about PEDALS for god's sake! Gimme a break.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:39 PM
mrtomcat

anyone know if their service department will be open on Monday (labor day) since I didn't make it down there for my 7500 mile service today?
Old 09-03-2005, 09:43 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Thomas - I don't think Monday is Good - But Call Tony

Originally Posted by mrtomcat
anyone know if their service department will be open on Monday (labor day) since I didn't make it down there for my 7500 mile service today?
Thomas - I don't think Monday is Good ( Holiday ) - But Call Tony Wld350Z

Some one must be around... I know your time is Limited.. IT Projects and all.

If you need Tony's (Wld350z) cell call me direct or PM me.

Cheers Amy -
Old 09-04-2005, 01:05 PM
mrtomcat

thanks for the offer but I want to get an official maintenance record for the books.
I'm still about 700 miles under the must change oil point so I got a few more days, monday would have been most convinient though