Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Streets of Willow Springs - 11/12-11/13

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 08:37 PM
jimster716

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Streets of Willow Springs - 11/12-11/13

SpeedTrialUSA is hosting an event at Streets of Willow Springs on Nov12 and 13. Both days will be running clockwise. Is anybody interested in meeting up for this? I have to talk with my usual crew to see what days they prefer since some may have to work one of those days. Depending on what day is popular with Z folks here may also determine what day I go. Please post if you are interested or have registered.

Gotta get some r-compounds for my 18s by then...damn mo' money flying away.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:45 PM
Egbert Souse

Speed Trials USA is a bunch of bozos. I ran with them at Buttonwillow recently, despite being warned. They spent about 45 minutes talking about safety at the driver's meeting. As soon as we got out on the track (I was running in the high intermediate group), these guys drove like idiots. Three (count 'em 3) drivers spun out right in front of me. One of them was a buddy of the organizer, driving the organizer's car. He lost it in Cotton Corners, came back accross the track instead of going straight off, and I barely missed him. I will NEVER run with that group again.

This advice comes from someone who has run about 60 HPDE track days in the past 2 years, with SpeedVentures, RedlineTrackEvents, RacerFactory, OpenTrackRacing, Tracquest, TrackMastersRacing, AmericanCarRacingAssn, TNL driving school at Reno-Fernley, the Buttonwillow Performance Driving Clinic, NASA, and a couple of private track events. Consider yourself warned. If you value your 350Z, there are plenty of other groups you can run Streets of Willow with.

BTW, Speed Trials is the group that had the STi driver crash at Streets, break every bone in his face, and his girl-friend passenger broke her collarbone.

Not only that, but, well, I could go on with the other problems with this group.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HPDE with Nasa is running that weekend at Buttonwillow, so I prefer a better track and organizers with a better track record as far as safety. Have fun man and be safe out there! See you at Autobacs
Old 10-03-2005, 11:17 PM
Egbert Souse

Here are the other Speed Trials problems, although minor compared to the safety issue. On their website, the tell you to get "pre-teched" at a local racing shop. I did that in Torrance. The moron who did the tech insisted that I buy new tires before the event. I have been running Toyo RA1s at numerous track events over the past year and know exactly what I am doing. My tires had at least 3 track days left on them. When they get worn, I jack up the car and inspect them after every run session. If is see the slightest spec of cording I throw them out and put on new tires. Also, they said my front rotors needed replacing soon. I got about quite a bit more wear out of them before replacing them.

So after being "pre-teched", I still had to wait in line with the 60 other cars that waited to get teched at the track. What good did it do me to go out of my way to get "pre-teched?"

At the event, I went out with an instructor, at his suggestion, in another run group. We took a few laps with him explaining to me a couple of areas of driving skills I should work on. Then I let him out of the car and went out to finish the session to practice what he taught me, and the **** at the track entrance wouldn't let me finish the session because it wasn't my group.

Other than that, Speed Trials USA is the shizzle.

Last edited by Egbert Souse; 10-03-2005 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:41 PM
leatherface_ca

I am in... Who else is going???
Old 11-02-2005, 08:21 AM
leatherface_ca

Anybody?
Old 11-03-2005, 09:40 AM
SE-R CAG

Exclamation ST USA, eeek!

Anyone see the last Streets event where the guy & his g/f totalled a white STi against the *only* wall on the infield off the front straight (CW dir.)? And it seems like they have too many incidents due to overcrowded events.

NASA is where I feel safest if I'm not running one of our own events, speaking of which we have the BIg Track at Willow Springs on Friday 12/23, cost is $160, no attitudes, low traffic & lots of track time.

The date has't been updated yet & there still may be some weird html errors but it works, for online reg. go to:

http://www.gfos.net/serca/2005/bigwillow/reg.php

The fees are also incorrect. We already have a number of Zs signed up & hope to see more new faces there! Feel free to contact me at my club email addy below.

Carlos Gutierrez
SoCal-SERCA
southwest@serca.org

Last edited by SE-R CAG; 11-03-2005 at 09:41 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-03-2005, 04:09 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by SE-R CAG
Anyone see the last Streets event where the guy & his g/f totalled a white STi against the *only* wall on the infield off the front straight (CW dir.)? And it seems like they have too many incidents due to overcrowded events.

NASA is where I feel safest if I'm not running one of our own events, speaking of which we have the BIg Track at Willow Springs on Friday 12/23, cost is $160, no attitudes, low traffic & lots of track time.

The date has't been updated yet & there still may be some weird html errors but it works, for online reg. go to:

http://www.gfos.net/serca/2005/bigwillow/reg.php

The fees are also incorrect. We already have a number of Zs signed up & hope to see more new faces there! Feel free to contact me at my club email addy below.

Carlos Gutierrez
SoCal-SERCA
southwest@serca.org
Hey Carlos, We will be there. (The real Willow Springs track)
Old 11-03-2005, 04:41 PM
03Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll probably be there on the 13'th running the Corolla in the AE86 class. Can't go on the 12'th, Drift Day is that day.