Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Coco's Z COMPLETE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 04:46 PM
bamyi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Panda350z
That's true however, your statement contradicts itself because your saying most members ARE males, which means you acknowledge some are not, yet you still assume in general z drivers are males. I'm not trying to give you a hard time or nothing i'm a sociology/psychology major and I just found it funny how true and how real stereotyping and prejudism is. How the human mind automatically shuts off all possibilites and uses the majority for all assumptions. Maybe i'm just thinking too deep but I just found it amusing. Nothing wrong on your part bamyi, I do it too, its just human nature...sorry to jack your thread coco! See you at the SD run hopefully!
No harm done, in fact even though I'm not a sociology/psychology major, I find it very interesting and I would like to respond to your comments on terms of a friendly, educuational conversation.

Ok, I know that there are some female Z owners on here, (they started their own thread and I've posted in there), but we all honestly and truthfully accept that most owners are male. So when I respond to ppl, I safely assume on a concious level that they are a male. I don't think ppl "shuts off all possibilites" but instead just pick the safer assumptions.

Sorry to jack your thread coco, I won't see you at the SD run but have fun!
Old 11-01-2005, 05:20 PM
cocos350z

Default Sun roof

Originally Posted by hkman78
Nice ride CoCo. Just wondering how much u pay to custom the moonroof?? Is it like a machanical moonroof or or you have to manually open moonroof?
Thanks!
$750 ast ASC in San Diego - they have a shop in OC or is it LA... All electric and programable.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:22 PM
cocos350z

Originally Posted by bamyi
You all are just cracking me up. I was just getting to the point of saying "hey,take if off line cause your messing with my thread" and then you both make a note of it. Ya - no harm at all, just makes ya think a bit, then giggle.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Panda350z

Originally Posted by bamyi
No harm done, in fact even though I'm not a sociology/psychology major, I find it very interesting and I would like to respond to your comments on terms of a friendly, educuational conversation.

Ok, I know that there are some female Z owners on here, (they started their own thread and I've posted in there), but we all honestly and truthfully accept that most owners are male. So when I respond to ppl, I safely assume on a concious level that they are a male. I don't think ppl "shuts off all possibilites" but instead just pick the safer assumptions.

Hahaha...once again sorry coco!!! Last one I promise...Bamyi if we want to continue this conversation we should probably start another thread...hahahaha! Anyways thanks Bamyi for understanding, i'm not trying to pick an argument with you or nothing but from what i've studied, how you said you don't "shut off possibilites" but pick the safer assumptions is stereotyping and technically is shutting out all possibilities. Choosing the safer assumption is a gamble, theres a 50/50 possibility of you being correct. Now, i'm not sure if you are aware of the definition of stereotyping, but stereotyping is defined as over or under estimating a person or group of person in a neutral, positive, or negative way. Prejudism goes hand in hand with ethnocentrism which is believing you are the best out of everyone and you are always right. Therefore when you say the general population is male, you are stereotyping in the sense that you are overestimating/overexaggerating the sex within this forum. Don't get me wrong though you are right in the sense there are more females than males, but it is only natural for us "choose the safer assumption" hence which is stereotyping.