Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Got Whole Front Repainted

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 09:31 PM
LaPuLaPu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Whole Front Repainted

A year ago, I had my whole front car painted by a shop called 1day body shop.A year ago, I had my whole front car painted by a shop called 1day body shop (Carson & Cherry) and paid $425. The work was worth $425 because after three months the paint started to fade. This time I did my due diligence and shopped around and found a shop in Whittier (Valley Blvd & 7th). One a week I eat at a subway adjacent to their shop and would inspect their after eating lunch. I told the shop own of my story and I guess he felt bad and gave me a good deal on repainting the whole front for the cost of $645. At first I was reluctant but I was happy with the quality of their finished work, so why not. I dropped my car off on a Saturday and picked it up Friday. At the end of the month, he told me to bring the car back for another machine glaze, for FREE. What a deal! Just when I thought it couldn’t get any sweeter, he offered to wet sand the orange peel from the sh!ty factory clear coat paint for $75, which normally cost $150 at any professional detail shop. Here are some pictures.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:32 PM
LaPuLaPu

Default Before

This is a before
Attached Thumbnails Got Whole Front Repainted-before1.jpg   Got Whole Front Repainted-before2.jpg   Got Whole Front Repainted-before3.jpg  
Old 11-20-2005, 09:33 PM
LaPuLaPu

Default After

This is after
Attached Thumbnails Got Whole Front Repainted-after2.jpg   Got Whole Front Repainted-after1.jpg  
Old 11-20-2005, 09:37 PM
skip2daZ

yea that was some pretty ****ty paint job in the first set of photos
Old 11-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Panda350z

Wow...your paintjob in the beginning was pretty yucky...now it looks good, looks like it needs some wax on the hood though

Have you ever heard of M1 autobody? They are located in El Monte, there price is great! Customer service awesome, and their work is exquisite! Check them out next time you need anything painted or installed. www.M1autobody.com
Old 11-21-2005, 03:16 AM
JDMFairlady21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice man.... lesson learned i guess
Old 11-21-2005, 06:53 AM
cvt

a good paint shop should have at least a 2-4 year warranty for fading and cracking.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:17 PM
reyes5912

I got to say it "One day paint job" says it all! The last pictures looks good though.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:38 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Might as well give the New shop a plug

Originally Posted by LaPuLaPu
A year ago, I had my whole front car painted by a shop called 1day body shop.A year ago, I had my whole front car painted by a shop called 1day body shop (Carson & Cherry) and paid $425. The work was worth $425 because after three months the paint started to fade. This time I did my due diligence and shopped around and found a shop in Whittier (Valley Blvd & 7th). One a week I eat at a subway adjacent to their shop and would inspect their after eating lunch. I told the shop own of my story and I guess he felt bad and gave me a good deal on repainting the whole front for the cost of $645. At first I was reluctant but I was happy with the quality of their finished work, so why not. I dropped my car off on a Saturday and picked it up Friday. At the end of the month, he told me to bring the car back for another machine glaze, for FREE. What a deal! Just when I thought it couldn’t get any sweeter, he offered to wet sand the orange peel from the sh!ty factory clear coat paint for $75, which normally cost $150 at any professional detail shop. Here are some pictures.

Your New paint shop deserves a "Plug" - A really nice paint Job...

You might as well tell the Forum the name, address and phone number...

Cheers Amy -
Old 11-21-2005, 09:18 PM
LaPuLaPu

Originally Posted by Panda350z
Wow...your paintjob in the beginning was pretty yucky...now it looks good, looks like it needs some wax on the hood though

Have you ever heard of M1 autobody? They are located in El Monte, there price is great! Customer service awesome, and their work is exquisite! Check them out next time you need anything painted or installed. www.M1autobody.com
Yeah, the first paint job made me embarrassed to even drive the car around. In fact, I would only drive it at night when you can hardly tell. The picture of from the front doesn’t do any justice because of poor lighting. It was getting dark and there was a shadow overcastting the car from the adjacent buildings. I assure you when the car is under the sunlight the whole entire front including the hood looks like a show room shine. After my second treatment of glaze, I will then apply wax it but not until then.

Thank you for the referral of another shop. It is always beneficial to build more contacts. By the looks of their client photo gallery, they do a good job. I plan to shop around again when I get my nismo kit and might hit them up.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:24 PM
LaPuLaPu

Originally Posted by AmyCroft
Your New paint shop deserves a "Plug" - A really nice paint Job...

You might as well tell the Forum the name, address and phone number...

Cheers Amy -

Thanks for the compliment everyone. They are very appreciated. I will post more pictures in two weeks.

Here is the body shop's info:

C&R Auto Body Shop
14630 Valley Blvd
LA Puente, CA
(626) 918-0086
(626) 968-2280

The owner’s name is Carlos. Use me as a reference, Amado with the black 350z.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:53 AM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Amado....Nice looking paint job! .....I have gotten my whole Z repainted by a small independent body shop and I have always said these smaller shops do a better job than major shops. You can always talk to the OWNER and get a fell of their knowledge and work. I spent a little over a grand to re-spray over the crappy Nissan thin paint! Nothing beats the first site of your car with a new shinny coat of paint!

Your shop does really good work! Congrats!