Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Nissan of Rancho Santa Margarita - good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 11:34 PM
zpak

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Nissan of Rancho Santa Margarita - good or bad?

Just a random shot in the dark, but has anyone ever had their car serviced at Nissan of Rancho Santa Margarita? I just wanted to check before I brought my car in there for its check-up service. Thanks!
Old 11-30-2005, 06:23 PM
DennyBak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought my car from there, they are all about customer service, i have tooken my car there many times with no problems
Old 11-30-2005, 09:13 PM
zpak

Originally Posted by DennyBak
i bought my car from there, they are all about customer service, i have tooken my car there many times with no problems

Sweet! Good to know. Thanks for the info!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:57 PM
ZuprCar

Bought Z33 there too...had many problems with customer service, warranty refusal, damage to car, poor quality jobs, etc. The car never received any maintenance jobs as these were personally done at home but the car was only taken in for warranty items such as clutch, axle click, bad tranny, defective window, and a deep gouge on the bumper that was not noticed at time of purchase. You would think that with the car being purchased from them, it would have made a difference and they would have treated us better.

I know Zman23 had problems with them too (damaged his aftermarket front lip during an oil change) and even though he bought that extra service package, they will no longer service his car there (or is it perform any services there that require lifting it). There are some other people that have had problems too.

I also think staffing has changed. I know once they became Nissan of RSM instead of Superior, their service staff have changed. Old service writers are gone, but the new ones there are 2 from Power Nissan in Irvine, which I had problems with going back to 5 years ago. One is a female who kept insisting that with her 10 years of experience, there is nothing better than "their brakes" for my Pathfinder when I asked her if they could install Metal Master pads if I brought them in. She then reluctantly told me it would cost almost $500 for them to do it!!! Never mind that....did them at home under 40 minutes.

If you are up in Anaheim, why drive all the way down south to Rancho to get it done?
Old 12-01-2005, 12:11 AM
zpak

Originally Posted by ZuprCar
If you are up in Anaheim, why drive all the way down south to Rancho to get it done?
At the time, they were the only dealership that had the Z in the specs that I wanted, and they gave it to me for under invoice. Now they want me to go back to them for routine service/maintenance.

But, damn, now I'm not so sure they're a good place to go if so many other people have had problems with them. After reading a lot of posters' complaints, however, it seems like all the dealerships have crappy service, except for Performance?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Etka

Well Nissan RSM's sales department is a bunch of dicks but their service is awesome or was awesome until the service manager Lance transferred, there is another guy there aaron that is a nice guy that will probably hook you up. I remember when everyone was having problems with their trannys and no one would replace them I put a call in to Lance and told him the issue and asked if he wanted to drive it and hear it and he said no and ordered the tranny.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:29 AM
zpak

Originally Posted by Etka
Well Nissan RSM's sales department is a bunch of dicks but their service is awesome or was awesome until the service manager Lance transferred, there is another guy there aaron that is a nice guy that will probably hook you up. I remember when everyone was having problems with their trannys and no one would replace them I put a call in to Lance and told him the issue and asked if he wanted to drive it and hear it and he said no and ordered the tranny.
Yeah, I've actually spoken with Aaron. He did sound cool. I agree that the sales people might not be up to par. When I went in to get my Z, my buddy and I knew more about the then-upcoming '06's than the dealers.

Thanks for the info!
Old 12-03-2005, 09:33 PM
zman23

Originally Posted by ZuprCar
Bought Z33 there too...had many problems with customer service, warranty refusal, damage to car, poor quality jobs, etc. The car never received any maintenance jobs as these were personally done at home but the car was only taken in for warranty items such as clutch, axle click, bad tranny, defective window, and a deep gouge on the bumper that was not noticed at time of purchase. You would think that with the car being purchased from them, it would have made a difference and they would have treated us better.

I know Zman23 had problems with them too (damaged his aftermarket front lip during an oil change) and even though he bought that extra service package, they will no longer service his car there (or is it perform any services there that require lifting it). There are some other people that have had problems too.

I also think staffing has changed. I know once they became Nissan of RSM instead of Superior, their service staff have changed. Old service writers are gone, but the new ones there are 2 from Power Nissan in Irvine, which I had problems with going back to 5 years ago. One is a female who kept insisting that with her 10 years of experience, there is nothing better than "their brakes" for my Pathfinder when I asked her if they could install Metal Master pads if I brought them in. She then reluctantly told me it would cost almost $500 for them to do it!!! Never mind that....did them at home under 40 minutes.

Yeap, those idiots don't know how to put a car on the rack let alone change the oil. I have heard some of the guys that screwed my car are now with Superior Nissan of Carson, so I would advise not taking your car there either!
Very dissappointed in my own towns dealership!!
Old 12-04-2005, 08:51 AM
JAKE-Z

Post RSM Nissan

I bought my 04 Roadster in July of 04 and have had scheduled maint and the wheel alignment done with no problems with the service. Sales staff I think turns over regularly at all dealerships and you rarley find a salesman that is knowledgable in his current product. A salesman Friday told me RSM Nissan is being taken over by the Family Honda owners in mid Dec.