Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Kobe Scores 81 points!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 08:42 PM
GAaaAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LoL i cant believe you guys are trying to compare Kobe to Jordan. So how many scoring titles has Kobe won so far? So how many Championships has kobe won without shaq? How many nba finals mvp does he have? How many nba season mvps does he have? Ok lets just talk about scoring then. How many seasons has kobe avged 30 pts or more a season? And when kobe does avg 30 or more pts, how many shots does he take to get there? You can tell kobe takes alot more shots than jordan because his FG% is lower. Jordan consistently had his fg% above .500, while Kobe has never avged over .500 fg% in any season. And kobe still avg less points per game in his career than jordan, despite takin more shots. And Jordan was also a better defender. The 81 point game was just one game, lets not compare kobe to jordan now, because if you look at the whole picture, theres no comparison.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:47 PM
ASTIG_Z

The lakers have a star player, Kobe. Now all they need is a team! No one player can accomplish as much as Jordan did, remember that he did have Pippen. Pippen and Jordan were the 1,2 punch in the bulls offense and defense. With the addition of Rodman and Kerr, they were a complete team and they all had thier roles in the bulls dynasty...

The lakers have Kobe, they have to build a team around him.

Last edited by ASTIG_Z; 01-23-2006 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:49 PM
UCLAzzz

Even though kobe's been the league for 7-8 years, remember he is still VERY young! And already got his rings!!! And the Zen master is back....wait until Phil gets some good role players and hopefully someone will develop into a Pippen type player..i.e. GREAT #2 player!! I'm keeping my finger crossed that ODOM matures....the only problem is he's back in L.A. and he knows where to score some green....which was his problem when he was with the Clips!!! Lakers might not do much this year....quality players will take notice and want to play with Kobe and Phil!!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Wicked4u2c

Yeah, I was bored Took me 5min to do.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:52 PM
ASTIG_Z

Originally Posted by Wicked4u2c
Yeah, I was bored Took me 5min to do.

LOL who is that?
Old 01-23-2006, 09:04 PM
BhashaZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ocdavid
The lakers have a star player, Kobe. Now all they need is a team! No one player can accomplish as much as Jordan did, remember that he did have Pippen. Pippen and Jordan were the 1,2 punch in the bulls offense and defense. With the addition of Rodman and Kerr, they were a complete team and they all had thier roles in the bulls dynasty...

Ummm....you forgot Bill Wennington?

Old 01-23-2006, 09:38 PM
ASTIG_Z

Originally Posted by BhashaZ
Ummm....you forgot Bill Wennington?

LOL, yeah. He was the "core" of the team...none the less.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:14 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

I always believed that Jordan made his teammates better, thus creating the team dynamic. He involved his team, thus they were able to shine. If Kobe were to give his team a chance, then they might be a whole lot better than you think...
Kobe had a great center with Shaq in the mix... I thought that was a great step towards building a team...
Old 01-23-2006, 10:22 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So much hate towards Kobe, I love it haha

I dont care if he rapes someone different every night or if his other 11 teammates ever touch the ball again except for passing to him. If he scores 50+ points a game I will keep watching.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:54 PM
GAaaAR

First off, Jordan unlike Kobe will never manage to get a guy like shaq out of his team. And yes i agree Kobe is very talented and his team needs more support players. I dont have a problem with ppl feelin that way, but i just dont like it when people try to compare Kobe to Jordan, because its just no comparison. Jordan is way better than Kobe and i bet if you put Jordan at his prime in this current lakers team, the team would have a better record despite no 81 points performance from jordan. I mean the guy has never been in a team that missed the playoffs! Even in his rookie year he made playoffs, and what support class did the bulls have back when jordan was a rookie? And lets not be reminded about what happend to the shaqless lakers last year with kobe running the show. They missed playoffs. Is kobe nice? Yes he is a amazing player! Is he jordan? No! So lets stop comparing because unlike kobe, Jordan is a very talented player and he's also a winner. And dont talk about kobe and his 3 championship rings because i believe shaq was a bigger reason why they won those champsionships than kobe was. Kobe contributed but he didn't lead his team like the way jordan did for all 6 of his championships. Maybe if kobe wins a championship without shaq then ill shutup, but so far the 1st year they missed playoffs and this year they are the 7th seed in the west. Who still wants to compare him to jordan?

Last edited by GAaaAR; 01-23-2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:05 PM
ASTIG_Z

Originally Posted by yobri
I always believed that Jordan made his teammates better, thus creating the team dynamic. He involved his team, thus they were able to shine. If Kobe were to give his team a chance, then they might be a whole lot better than you think...
This is true if his teammates weren't so inconsistent, e.g. Odom, he'll score 25 points, 9 rebs, and 4 assists one night, the next night he wont show up at all. Yes I do agree with what you are saying about making his teammates better, but he just have to mature and let his leadership grow in order for his team to reach championship calibur.

Originally Posted by yobri
Kobe had a great center with Shaq in the mix... I thought that was a great step towards building a team...
Yes, with SHAQ, that team was almost unbeatable. Then they started having their fued between each other. That ruined the whole team chemistry. And now that Kobe is the only go to guy for the lakers, I was leaning towards the future with the lakers, not what they had.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:14 AM
G2FAST

He shot 46 @ 61%, some teams can't even shoot 35%!!!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Inno

Originally Posted by G2FAST
He shot 46 @ 61%, some teams can't even shoot 35%!!!!!

Thats one game.... normally he shoots 46 to make 30 points! His fg avg is not anywhere near jordans. He is no Jordan. Period. He is an arrogant ball hog who is ruining the Lakers. He has no morals (cheating on his wife), and he is a terrible role model. He has no conception of the word team. He is simply an arrogant selfish man.

By the way, like I previously mentioned, for those of you saying people like Odom are inconsistent, they never consistently get the ball to have a chance at being consistent, thanks to senor ballhog (kobe). Odom was one of the main reasons the olympic team even got as far as they did, if you watched the games. He is a baller, and if Kobe didn't have such a big head, they could be an amazing 1-2 punch and drive deep into the playoffs!
Old 01-24-2006, 09:07 AM
LATEZ

bulls 6 titles Jordan 6 final's MVP
lakers 3 titles how many does Kobe have?
Old 01-24-2006, 09:17 AM
SOCAL350

The day Kobe starts playing for the Dodgers, then will lose respect for him. Till then im a season ticket holder waiting for another chance at a Lakers Championship.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:25 AM
G2FAST

Originally Posted by SOCAL350
The day Kobe starts playing for the Dodgers, then will lose respect for him. Till then im a season ticket holder waiting for another chance at a Lakers Championship.

Kobe's Contract = Millions

Lakers = Billions

Hater's = Priceless!!!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Navygolf13

The Lakers would have been better off getting rid of Kobe. Like everyone is saying there is no way that you can compare Kobe to MJ, he just can't do what he did. The supporting cast in Chi was good but Jordan is the one who made them great. Kobe has not done that for anyone and will not either. Shaq is the reason they won those championships. Hell, the Lakers are not even the bext team in LA right now.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:37 AM
SOCAL350

The constant in this is:

Phil Jackson

He backs all the losers right?

Hater!
Old 01-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Freeatlast
Banned

Originally Posted by Wicked4u2c