Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Deputy Shooting Caught On Video

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 04:10 PM
G2FAST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deputy Shooting Caught On Video

AP) CHINO, Calif. An amateur video shows a San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy shooting an unarmed Air Force policeman, who recently returned from Iraq as he apparently heeded an order to get up off the ground.

A Chino resident videotaped Sunday night's shooting, which followed a 100-mile an hour car chase.

Twenty-one-year-old Senior Airman Elio Carrion is listed in good condition at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton.

Carrion was a passenger in a Corvette that crashed into a fence after a brief chase.

Officials with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department have released few details. Sheriff's investigators took the original tape, declining to release it to the public or describe what it shows.

The deputy, whose name has not been released, has been placed on paid administrative leave, which is routine procedure in officer-involved shootings.

On a dark and grainy videotape, Carrion is shown on the ground next to his car, talking to a silhouetted officer who is pointing a gun at him. Carrion is supporting himself on one arm and his face is brightly lit by the officer's flashlight.

F@ck that cop, this is bull!!! Just came back from Iraq and did everything the cop said. I'M PISSED..........
Old 01-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F@ck that cop, this is bull!!! Just came back from Iraq and did everything the cop said. I'M PISSED..........
huh? since when if you go to Iraq and can do anything you want? Just simply follow the law. What so hard about it?
Old 01-31-2006, 04:17 PM
G2FAST

Originally Posted by Bubble
huh? since when if you go to Iraq and can do anything you want? Just simply follow the law. What so hard about it?

Watch the video!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 04:19 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by G2FAST
Watch the video!!!
WHAT VIDEO!
Old 01-31-2006, 04:21 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zand02max
WHAT VIDEO!
from your local news tonite...hehehehe
Old 01-31-2006, 04:22 PM
need Z

Can you LINK the video, we can't watch it if we can't find it....

But I'm going to agree with Bubble. From the first post this sounds like it came after he tried to flee from the police (hence the car chase).

Also, I don't care where you come back from. If you go on a police chase then I would tend to think that you DIDN'T do everything the police "said."
Old 01-31-2006, 04:32 PM
kalima275Z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^However, that cop is a tool for shooting someone who, if you're going by the post, did not pose a threat to anyone AT THE TIME. Some cops are trained at a sub-standard level when it comes to firearms handling and employment and this could very well be the case....

It's possible that he was still amped up and decided to pull his gun out without composing himself first.

But, whatever. I wasn't there so who knows? Regardless though, and based off the post alone, the cop is an amateur who should have chose a different career.

As far as the Air Force dude, if he's guilty of some crime, throw that terd in the slammer...who gives a rat's **** what country he just came from. Screw 'em.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:40 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Hmm... this thread is missing something...
Old 01-31-2006, 04:57 PM
SOCAL350

I heard about the chase/shooting this morning followed by the classic "the sheriffs are not realesing and details at the moment" coment. Under; Who denied it vs. Who supplied it.............I see the County paying out big for this one.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:01 PM
heezyo2o

We need the video to figure anything out, but "a 100-mile an hour car chase" changes everything.

The cop would likely react to any sudden movements. I hope he didn't shoot some defenseless guy on the ground, especially since I live right around there.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:04 PM
kpiskin

I thought the airman was the passenger.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:28 PM
Inno

The guy who got back from Iraq was the PASSENGER! He got out of the car, put his hands in the air and was on his knees like the pig told him. THEN the pig told him to STAND UP. He stood up and the PIG fired three times at him!

I hope the pig goes to jail for attempted murder!!! Just yesterday there was also yet another police brutality video! These PIGs are out of control! Too much power.

I believe the decent honest cop is the exception, not the other way around!
Old 01-31-2006, 06:55 PM
Dozer

I've seen the clip on the news this morning. I think WB was the only news station to have it this morning. OK, Sure the guy lead the cops on a 100mph+ chase... In the end, the guy had gotten out of the car and was on the ground exchanging a couple words with the cop. The cop said get up, and you can clearly hear him say get up. Then as the dude gets up, the cop lets loose 3 rounds!!! From what I can tell, the cop jump the gun maybe because he was pumped or nervous. But I didn't see anything that the guy did that would have provoked him to get shot. Maybe I missed soemthing but you have to see it your self.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Sly_Z

Where's the video?
Old 01-31-2006, 09:19 PM
G2FAST

http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_031120532.html

if you watch it on the news, actual footage you will understand.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:28 PM
Nastyboy

Yup.... the cop fawked up! The guy even repeated the commands given to him and was advising the cop that he was going to comply!

Who cares if there was a chase? The guy was a passenger who was complying. So now we're gonna give cops the right to shot at anyone they please simply because they were "pumped up"? Seriously man.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:36 PM
ASTIG_Z

Well the Airman did get up quite agressively. If i were the Airman, i would of got up slowly. This is coming from me, a veteran of the USAF. The officer shoulda guaged his situation and keep the adrenaline to a minimum. IMO, the officer stereotyped them from the get go. The Airman even says that he's in the military in the video. Its a freaking shame too cause he just got back from serving in Iraq. Well he's doing okay now, but let the civil law suit begin.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:38 PM
ASTIG_Z

Originally Posted by Bubble
The victim was a passenger...
Old 01-31-2006, 11:40 PM
ASTIG_Z

Originally Posted by need Z
But I'm going to agree with Bubble. From the first post this sounds like it came after he tried to flee from the police (hence the car chase).
There wasnt any car chase, the driver just got pulled over for speeding over 100mph. The victim was a passanger
Old 02-01-2006, 07:23 AM
G2FAST

Imagine if this was not caught on tape, this cop would of got away with this, this f@cker needs to be off leave which we are paying for and be fired!

Quick Reply: Deputy Shooting Caught On Video