Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

3 Tickets in 2 Months - Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 09:30 PM
lurch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cops just jealous of your ride so they are eager to pull you over if you are even a little over.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:44 PM
imseksy

Originally Posted by Me350Z
Update:
My second ticket on 12/24/05 is extended till April 3, 2006. I plan on contesting this ticket with a written declaration. I called the operator in the morning and requested for an extension.

My third ticket on 2/4/06: I thought I would do the same thing as above and request for an extension as well, however, I just received my Courtesy Notice and it states "MANDATORY APPEARANCE" to appear in court. This kind of throws my plan off track. The court is at the Harbor Justice Center on Jamboree at Newport Beach, CA. There is no bail amount and WHY do I have to appear in court for this ticket???

Does anyone know why this is a MANDATORY APPEARANCE and what should I expect at the time of my court appearance? Should I get a lawyer and does anyone have any friends who are lawyers??

I have never been to court for anything so this is kind of new to me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

i got a mandatory appearance for my littering ticket. apparently its jsut a way for the courts to get ur *** into court. its nothing huge though, all you have to do is go in there and claim guilty/not guilty/ or traffic school if they offer it to you. nothing special.. i think you can still request a trial by written declaration as it is your right to do so and they cannot deny that right...

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d17/vc40902.htm

print that out when you go to court and demand ur trial by writ.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:52 AM
SB Track

I didn't know you could honestly get a ticket for going 80 on the freeway. Everyone goes 80...
Old 02-28-2006, 01:19 PM
imseksy

you can get a ticket for having **** hung from your rearview mirror.... you can get a ticket for about anything if a cop feels like it. =)
Old 03-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Me350Z

After more than a year in hiatus I just wanted to give the status of what happened to my tickets.

1st Ticket: Traffic School
2nd Ticket: Trial by Written Declaration
3rd Ticket: Trial by Written Delcaration
4th Ticket: I got a 4th ticket in 8 months for a CA stop. Trial by Written Declaration.

I won all my case through trial by written declaration and my bail was refunded as well. I just followed the steps from www.ticketassassin.com and paid my donation.

*I want to note that this is Not Guranteed that you will win your case. I was desperate and just wanted to give it a shot. I kept winning case after case so I figure why not try again. I also believe I was very lucky.

All the officers were very nice. If you treat them professionally, they will treat you fair - afterall they are human just doing their job. On my 4th ticket, the officer even told me how to fight it. He wasn't able to let me go but he gave me some few tips.

From my experience:
Request for an extension. I believe you can request up to 2 extensions per ticket (of course it varies by county). This will postpone your trial and give you time to draft your written declaration. Even if you lose, you can still appeal and appear in court. Hopefully, by this time the officer will forget about your ticket.

You can attend traffic school more than once in 18 months but need special approval from the court. Check out www.ticketassassin.com on how to do it. I haven't tried this method yet but I'm not anticipating to get anymore tickets!

Conclustion: Went to DMV and got a printout of my record. Clean record shown. Insurance remains the same. State Farm only runs your record once a year (May).

Well, I hope this post helps some people out b/c I was looking for answers when I was in a ditch a year ago. Of course, the best method is not to drive fast, break the law, etc. If you happen to do so, just try to make sure you don't get caught or hurt yourself and/or others. When I received my 4th ticket last July, I was so frustrated that I thought about selling my Z. I still have my Z to this day but might part it for other reasons now. I know my luck will run out eventually if I keep up with my driving habbits.

Drive Safely everyone. Knowledge is Power!
Old 03-12-2007, 12:19 AM
FairladyZX

u lucky son of a gun!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:56 PM
led

lucky bastage!

You would have lost your license for a year if you didn't get off on those.

I look at traffic school as the ability to speed without having to worry about getting a point. 2 More months and my 18 month wait is up.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:06 PM
lemans06Z

well.. just plead not guilty and hope the officer does not show.... we will all hope for u!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:35 PM
InZpire

I'm going for ticket assassin in 2 weeks too. I'll let u guys know what happen.

65 on a 40. :/
Old 04-10-2007, 07:38 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.valentine1.com

ive had it for a couple months and it's saved my *** PLENTY of times already.

it's good to hear you got off on those tix. i've hired lawyers to deal with a really bad tix i got up in fresno county. trial's on may 8th...
Old 04-16-2007, 02:48 PM
dayz

Default good insurance

If you can get it, get wawanesa insurance. They are the best/cheapest insurance company I have found for California residents. I am paying $1700/year for full coverage on my z and liability on my truck. I will personally guarantee that if you can get Wawanesa insurance, they will give you the best rate.

www.wawanesa.com