Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

haunted site...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 10:29 PM
imseksy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default haunted site...

where the hell is gravity hill and is that **** true? if you dont know what gravity hill is, supposedly you are going uphill and if you put your car in neutral it will go up instead of down. and if your car is dirty you can see handprints on the bumper. dont know if its true but someone keeps bugging me about it. i heard its in the city of corona. anyone know for sure?
Old 02-15-2006, 10:30 PM
plumpzz

Thats funny, theres a gravity hill in new jersey too, and in pennsylvania! Anomolies in every state
Old 02-15-2006, 10:52 PM
seMshiNguMi

Theres also another place called blackstar canyon off the 5 fwy towards San Diego, group of about 40 of us went off some backroad trail. Supposedly, the property is owned by people into devil worship and they have a lot of crazy **** that goes on there. Scary as hell because there are no lights and its a country type area where you have to go through dried up ravines and tunnels. I went because we always brought girls...and after a night of being scared and clinging tight to you...a hookup was inevitable. I miss my high school days
Old 02-15-2006, 11:16 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seMshiNguMi
Theres also another place called blackstar canyon off the 5 fwy towards San Diego, group of about 40 of us went off some backroad trail. Supposedly, the property is owned by people into devil worship and they have a lot of crazy **** that goes on there. Scary as hell because there are no lights and its a country type area where you have to go through dried up ravines and tunnels. I went because we always brought girls...and after a night of being scared and clinging tight to you...a hookup was inevitable. I miss my high school days
Our "gravity hill" is off the 805 going south by Mira Mesa/ Sorrento Valley.

Back in highschool, I went there in a packed van and parked it at the bottom of the hill. Sure enough the car was pushed back. I was expecting a neutral roll, but it rolled back pretty hectic and fast for a good 50 to 100 feet.

Our urban myth was: there was some sort of mental hospital nearby that was burnt down. While the building was burning, a group of younger "mentally handicapped" kids hysterically ran out to the nearby road and was killed by an oncoming car exiting the freeway.

Their spirits haunt the area, so whenever you park your car at the base of the hill, they'll try to push your car back.... either to A.) keep you from running them over (since they're not too bright) OR B.) push you out of the way from danger, since it's a dangerous place to be.

Well that's the story we all grew up with.

(Now read on if you're interested )

One halloween night, my friends and I thought it'd be fun to go out to the forest area, (site of the burnt down mental hospital). We talked about it for months and built the nerve to go. It was Halloween! So why not right? We're all dressed up and being scared was fun. We arrived during witching hour so it was like 2 am or 3am.

It was completely dark out there with just the moonlight, so we took refuge near some broken boards and remains of the building. All of a sudden, a few of the girls with us screamed because they claimed they saw silohuettes of children running around the damaged wall structure about 20 yards ahead of us. I saw nothing with my trusty Maglite, but clearly heard the crackling of branches and pitter patter of feet running up ahead.

Everyone was startled, but some of the guys "macho'd up" and went after the structure. No one.... no where they could have escaped to since the area surrounding the site sloped off to some canyons.

We returned the next day to investigate and in that damaged wall structure area was some "one night" old, eaten apple cores and an old dirty crutch, a small one that was big enough for a child to use.

We don't know who or what that was, but I was creeped and haven't returned till this day. It's been like 8 years. I'm 25 now, and even though I've driven by there a few times going to college or whatever, I'm reminded of that night. Everyone who was with us that night couldn't bare to sit through the movie "Blair Witch Project" when it came out years later. We knew the film was fake, but it was a nasty memory and reminder of what it exactly felt like.

Last edited by 35oZephyR; 02-15-2006 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:25 PM
imseksy

Originally Posted by seMshiNguMi
yeah i know where blackstar is... thats off jamboree in irvine... theres an abandoned house and signs that say go away. i hear there are KKK guys that run that place... i dont know, i went with 5 guys (we were all armed with weapons) and checked it out and nothing crazy happened but now i heard theres cops constantly patrolling that area now. if anyone is gonna go, make sure your armed with a bat or a crowbar or something =)
Old 02-16-2006, 12:11 AM
dmanraider

There is a place in Whittier also, Next to Rose Hills. Never tried it, but heard about many times. Have to do it to believe it.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:21 AM
zpak

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
(see previous post for scary story)
Dude, reading your post gave me goosebumps.

But then I'm thinking...maybe there WERE little kids eating apples there at 2 or 3 in the morning?

Ok, freaky nonetheless.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:17 AM
meezie

There's a "Gravity" bridge on the 60 fwy in Moreno Valley, but I can't remember the name of it. My friends and I tried it. My buddy parked his car in neutral at the beginning of the bridge and you can clearly tell and see that we were at an angle to roll back. However, we were being pushed up the bridge.

There are a couple stories I know of. First, there was a guy whose car broke down on him. Well as he was trying to get it running; he was hit by a car. So now he helps anybody by pushing their car over the bridge to avoid getting hit. The second story was a school bus full of kids. Something about how it turned over and killed the kids. Now they're all over the bridge pushing cars probably for the same reason in my first story.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:19 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys are hilarious..

Nex time you are on "Haunted Hill" , Take a good sized Level or Plumb Bob with you and will see that you are actually on the inverse of an incline.
No Spooks needed when Newton is arround..

Last edited by sq40; 02-16-2006 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:56 AM
meezie

Originally Posted by sq40
You guys are hilarious..

Nex time you are on "Haunted Hill" , Take a good sized Level or Plumb Bob with you and will see that you are actually on the inverse of an incline.
Haha so true. I think it was the History Channel that did a documentary on the bridge I was talking about. It does have something to do with the incline.

I just wanted to add the spook stories (not really much of a spook compared to 35oZephyR's story).
Old 02-16-2006, 09:59 AM
FairladyZX

I don't believe in ghost. But I'm scared of ghost.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:14 AM
TheLastSpartan

theres a park back home Texas (from Dallas area) in the city of Arlington called River Legacy Park. Supposedly there were some hangings our something of some confederate soldiers that haunt the place late at night (you have to brave the hobos and drug addicts too). Some buddies and I went to check it out one night and we hadnt been there long but i **** you not this story is true...anyways we werent there very long and we had kinda gone into this wooded area and then this kinda fog rolled in and we all kinda got a little nervous and this is the worst part....up a head pretty far off we could hear a snare drum like doing a pretty steady beat. It was like a military cadence or something so....we left pretty quickly cause A) we were afraid some crazy crack head was playing a drum he found or B) we were about to be ambushed by some confederate ghost troops. Both were a little off putting.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:51 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sq40
You guys are hilarious..

hah don't kill it with science!

In fact, it'd be scarier trying to stand out there with a level and get hit by some oncoming car.

Originally Posted by fairladyZX
I don't believe in ghost. But I'm scared of ghost.
hahah that is a priceless comment.

I WAS afraid of ghosts, until I saw a few when I was growing up, and came to terms with it.
I guess not knowing was a little more scary than having the reinforcement that certain things exist...to me at least.

Last edited by 35oZephyR; 02-16-2006 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:54 PM
MR.OKKKK

well theres a gravity hill in pasadena... go straight up from Lake.. and once you pass this Missle school on the right... put your car in neutral and have fun.. =)

another good place is the Mental Hospital off Rose Bowl in Old Pasadena, but now its Government owned... but theres a bridge , "suicidal bridge", where back in the days California had the Depression? and people would just jump off the bridge and commit suicide... Alot of stuff happened, if you go theres a secuirity saying its Governement owned and was never a Mental Hospital, but theres a way to go in, Hop The gate and go inside the tunnel, but dont get lost!
Old 02-16-2006, 03:37 PM
kamal34

ok guys I think it would be awesome if you could give better directions to these places. I live on OC but if you could give directions, hahaha I will def go check out a place or 2. thanks guys
Old 02-16-2006, 03:59 PM
MR.OKKKK

from oc... take the 605 north then hop on 210 west... and from there im lost.... forgot the exit... T.T
Old 02-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Haven't heard of any gravity hill but my room mates used to pay homage to a gravity bong.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:15 PM
lurch

I went on a road trip with some of my bros and we tried gravity hill in san diego with a minivan. It was early morning and the van started to go up. Like no kidding. Pretty fun. Everyone should try it. Especially when it gets foggy.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:29 PM
imseksy

Originally Posted by MR.OKKKK
from oc... take the 605 north then hop on 210 west... and from there im lost.... forgot the exit... T.T
man if thats really the way there, ill just exit buena vista street and spend my day at performance nissan. =)
Old 02-16-2006, 07:15 PM
BJF2K

gravity hill is true, I didn't believe that crap when my friend told me about it, but the car actually was moving with 3 people in the car... going up hills, however I don't know about the hand prints

so go check it out.

the one I went to is around Altadena

go to lake avenue and it turns to loma alta and turns east at the base of the mountains. a quart down the road is gravity hill.

Last edited by BJF2K; 02-16-2006 at 07:19 PM.

Quick Reply: haunted site...