Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Official Laker thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 09:39 AM
JisNis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gimpster621
they've taken 2 out of three from them. once without Lamar Odom. dallas cant d up kobe
FYI: The last game against Dallas. They did a really good job of Defending Kobe and everyone else for that matter.

Last edited by JisNis; 02-23-2006 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:47 AM
bsp
Sponsor
Brainstorm Performance

Originally Posted by JisNis
FYI: The last game against Dallas. They did a really good job of Defending Kobe and everyone else for that matter.
Yeah, I think I remember there being a lot of turnovers in that game....but Kobe still managed to come out with 62 points
Old 02-23-2006, 09:52 AM
JisNis

Originally Posted by bsp
Yeah, I think I remember there being a lot of turnovers in that game....but Kobe still managed to come out with 62 points
Thats not the game Im talking about. The last game the Lakers got blown out by like 20 points or so. Kobe only scored 24. And against the Mavericks, thats not going to get it done.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:55 AM
nickgundara

Originally Posted by bsp
Well...we've got one W in Dallas, and another W here in LA against Dallas. Kobe went off in both of these games. 41 and 62. Nowitzki had like 18 points I think in the last game we played against Dallas. We can definitely beat Dallas.

Let's focus on tonight though fellow Lakers! We're 1 for 2 I believe this season against Sac. after the OT loss last month. Bibby had 40 points in this game...but in our preseason W against the Kings he had 20. Gotta stop Bibby! That guy is one hell of a ball player though...you gotta give it to him.
Bibby really pisses me off. I hate that guy so much! Wish we had him on the Lakers..lol.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Navygolf13

You all can keep on complaining but if the rest of the team can't deliver in the regular season then how do you expect them to in the playoffs? A little more pressure.
Should have let Kobe go, he is not a team player and I don't think he ever will be. Great player but needs an attitude adjustment. You know it is bad when the Clippers may end up ahead of them.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:45 AM
lurch

if we lose tonight, I would be greatly disappointed.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:03 AM
gimpster621

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
You all can keep on complaining but if the rest of the team can't deliver in the regular season then how do you expect them to in the playoffs? A little more pressure.
Should have let Kobe go, he is not a team player and I don't think he ever will be. Great player but needs an attitude adjustment. You know it is bad when the Clippers may end up ahead of them.
whens the last time the mavericks got to the finals. they choke in the playoffs. just get kobe there, he'll do the rest. hes the best clutch player since jordan. not saying they are going to win this year but the mavericks cant stop kobe 4 times in 7 games
Old 02-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Navygolf13

Maybe you got the wrong idea, I am not a Mavericks fan. I could care less other than the Lakers losing. I am just not a fan of Kobe. He cannot carry his team in the playoffs. Anyways the first playoff series is a five game series if I am not mistaken. So, they only need to stop Kobe twice.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:52 AM
mchong75

Go Dallas Mavericks!

I hope I didn't **** any Laker fans.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Navygolf13

lol...they are all pissed already because the Lakers SUCK!
Old 02-23-2006, 12:59 PM
JisNis

To a point. They still are the 8th seed in the west.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Navygolf13

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that they do not suck.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:02 PM
JisNis

Thats why i said to a point they do. But their not that bad. But what do you know. U think golf is a sport. LOL J/P

Last edited by JisNis; 02-23-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:23 PM
nickgundara

Man...take your hating somewhere else. And for your info, the 1st round is 7 games. Has been for a few years.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:09 PM
JisNis

Man Im disappointed the Lakers didnt make a move before the trade deadline. They should have gotten something for the expiring contracts of Slava and George.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:33 PM
bsp
Sponsor
Brainstorm Performance

Arrow

Originally Posted by gimpster621
whens the last time the mavericks got to the finals. they choke in the playoffs. just get kobe there, he'll do the rest. hes the best clutch player since jordan. not saying they are going to win this year but the mavericks cant stop kobe 4 times in 7 games
Agreed...I don't think I've seen anyone as good in clutch situations as Kobe since MJ's day...
Old 02-23-2006, 04:43 PM
gimpster621

Originally Posted by bsp
Agreed...I don't think I've seen anyone as good in clutch situations as Kobe since MJ's day...
Not to go off topic but Steve with the Silver Wrx (sti engine swap that had tranny issues) told me about you guys and referred me for an APS ST kit. I may be calling you guys pretty soon =D
Old 02-23-2006, 06:50 PM
MR.OKKKK

yea... well kobe is a good clutch player, but MJ and Kobe is different... I actually loved watching MJ play... dont you agree? MJ was fantastic.... He even had a good squad to back him up... Scottie, Steve Kerr, Kukoc, Rodman, and that center... damn forgot... But what i think Phil chose to coach the Lakers is to make another dreamteam as he did with the Bulls... Everyone has potential in the Lakers, but Kobe doesnt give them a try... There not use to the fact that Kobe dont pass? but if Kobe gives more oppurtunities to his teammates so they can adapt to the gameplay, i think Lakers will be unstoppable... They just dont get the chance to learn faster, how it feels like to play in the NBA.... and also AI is also a good clutch player... =)
Old 02-23-2006, 07:01 PM
kamz

+1

Kobe can't take the Lakers to any Finals by himself and he's definitely not the type to make others on his team better. You don't score 80 pts by passing. Aside from Scottie, MJ did not have a cast of superstars but he made them better anyhow.

Never been a fan of Kobe and unless he chances his attitude, Lakers won't be in contention for a while.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:20 PM
JisNis

Originally Posted by kamz
+1

Kobe can't take the Lakers to any Finals by himself and he's definitely not the type to make others on his team better. You don't score 80 pts by passing. Aside from Scottie, MJ did not have a cast of superstars but he made them better anyhow.

Never been a fan of Kobe and unless he chances his attitude, Lakers won't be in contention for a while.
In that game against the Raptors he had to score 81 to win. Remember they were down by 15 or so points. If you watched that game you would have seen how bad the other Lakers were offensively. Nobody I mean Nobody could score.

At times I agree he does need to dish the ball. Sometimes off pick n rolls with Kwame, Kobe never passes him the ball even if hes open.

But with Kobe, if he passes the ball to much, people question why he doesnt shoot. When he shoots the ball they question why he doesnt pass.

Like kobes commercial, YOU EITHER HATE HIM OR LOVE HIM

Quick Reply: Official Laker thread