Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Official Laker thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 10:13 AM
bsp
Sponsor
Brainstorm Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official Laker thread

So...where are all the Laker fans at?

Last night was a win that we realllly needed! Our performance in the 2nd was horribly though. Player of the game last night for me....Lamar Odom....20 points, 17 boards, 6 assists. Those are some very nice figures. The way I see it, Lamar is capable of averaging at least 18 points a game. He's shown he's capable of it. I think he had averaged at least 17 at some point in his career with the Clippers.

Kobe had a good game last night too, especially when he went off in the 4th.

I really want to see Andrew Bynum get more playing time though. I understand Mihm is back now...but there's something about Bynum. That kid is good and he's got the potential to be a very dominant player. I can't wait to see him get more playing time.

I'll take the W for last night...but we still made a lot of mistakes...

Please tell me I'm not the only Laker fan on my350z...we all have to wallow in our frustration together!
Old 02-22-2006, 10:24 AM
gimpster621

i was at the game. we held em to under 90 so everyone got 2 free jack in the crack tacos!
Old 02-22-2006, 10:27 AM
kamal34

Dude the lakers are getting eliminated first round. I do think they will make it to the playoffs for the final spot but thats all. Its gonna take them time to build back up. If anyone has potential on the lakers, its smush parker. Bynum is gonna be a bunch more years to develop. He doesnt have any big men on his team to look out for and kwame was a flat out mistake. He is confused about his role and lamar doesnt like the pressure but he is a very safe player. kobe is the leader of the team and the way his past record has been, no one will flourish under his wings.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:33 AM
SOCAL350

Ive got tickets to the houston game....woohoo!
Old 02-22-2006, 10:42 AM
JPsZ

As a Laker since I can remember, times are rough right now. I seriously thought we would have made a trade by now but who knows. We all see what Lamar is capable of, but we don't see it on a consistant basis. We don't see anyone playing a solid consistant game night in night out except for Kobe. I believe he understands it takes more then just him to win, but unless the team can prove that they can be counted on, I see him taking the shots. Smush and Kwame are getting there, obviously more confortable with their role right now. I think lately the team has been showing improvement in some spots, especially Brian Cook, and lately Kobes been passing more. I guess we'll just have to see.
With everything said and done, I think right now we're growing, getting better, gaining confidence in eachother, and heading in the right direction.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:07 PM
Dozer

yeah, the Lakers aren't looking too good this year but I've got LAKER LOVE FOR LIFE!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 12:47 PM
bsp
Sponsor
Brainstorm Performance

kamal: I do think Smush Parker has potential...but I am still pretty disappointed with him lately. I'm still really pissed about what he did against the Hawks...Kwame also stood there like a retard and just let the ball go right by him...that's another thing about this team that is really upsetting. The only players I see that are really hungry for the ball aside from Kobe is Sasha. I love that guy. He's a textbook hustler/scrapper. I understand where you're coming from on the Bynum topic...but I don't think it should really take him that long. I understand if it does take long, but I don't see why he can't become a dominant player within the next two years. He just needs some more playing time under his belt.

JPsZ: This is exactly what my uncle and I were talking about last night. I agree with Kobe's decision making. Sure he should have a lot more assists and should be getting the ball around more...but if he kicks the ball out to Smush, Kwame, Devean, or anyone for that matter, and they're not going to finish their shot or capitalize on that...then why bother? I know if I was Kobe and I was making nice passes and opening opportunities for the other players, I'd be real pissed if they weren't taking advantage of it! If no one is going to step up, then I personally want Kobe to shoot the ball a lot. He's the only consistent threat on this Laker team right now. I agree with you though. We are definitely growing together. Obviously we want to do good this year...but if it doesn't happen then hopefully we can look to come out very strong next year.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:08 PM
FairladyZX

Kobe needs a better supporting cast. The current roster won't be able to get 'em to the finals in the next 5yrs.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:20 PM
MR.OKKKK

ive loved the lakers back then when they worked as a team.... damn thats yrs yrs back.... even though they werent the best in the conference.. Threat, Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Divac, Campbell, Worthy, etc.... man loved watching the lakers play back then.... but now aint really liking the lakers after all that kobe, etc... (not trying to hate on kobe, his a good player) but Kobe has to understand that he will not win the championship by himself.... Even Jordan passed, Iverson passes.... hehe... yea Lakers arent doing too good this season, nor last season.... Sooner or later Kobe has to realize, he has to work as a team to actually win something... Smush and Kwame seems to be adapting with the game, sooner or later they'll be doing there thang as a team.. my 2 cents... aint trying to hate on the lakers.. I loved the lakers...

Last edited by MR.OKKKK; 02-22-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:12 PM
lurch

big laker fan since late 80's.

I personally don't like sasha even though he hustles. He is not consistent with his outside game and does not cut to the basket. His game should be similar with manu ginobli but he doesn't have the athletic ability it seems to pull it off.

Kwame Brown needs to handle the ball with both hands and dunk all the time. Once he has the ball with one hand, his loses the ball especially when he reaches down for a pass. He needs to rebound more and play similar to Ben Wallace.

Andrew Bynum needs more playing time. He needs to remain steady on the defensive end and not reach by committing small fouls. He is a giant and only needs to stand straight up. He also has a problem of exposing the ball when he goes up for a put back. He should not attempt to dribble too much and should hold the ball with two hands close to his chest then attempt a shot.

Smush Parker needs early attempts in the game. He is easily frustrated and it is hard for him to get his shots in late in the game. Also I think that his salary of little over 900k is upsetting his game. He probably thinks he should get more but is not showing his true talent for lakers to consider keeping him for the long run.

Kobe nothing wrong with the guy. just poor supporting cast similar to Kevin Garnett situation.

Devean George should be 6th man of the year or be a starter. Good all around player needs more playing time.

Brian Cook great shooter but needs to work on creating his own shot and not solely relying on spot up shots.

Mihm needs to stay out of foul trouble and finish easy baskets.

Lamar Odom could average a triple double and should average a double double every game. Needs to be more aggressive and shot the ball. He needs to focus on executing more mid range shots and attack the rim. Hardly anyone could gaurd him off the drible in his position.

Phil Jackson needs to put more faith in rookies like andrew bynum and probably play devean green more.

Luke Walton can execute the triangle and pass but everything else he lacks.

Need to go so I'll comment again later. I could talk forever about lakers.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Sundeviljay

i can't believe we didn't pick up stevie franchise! yeah he is a whiny little bastard but did you see who the knicks gave up!!! the rotting away Hardaway and Ariza...we could have got Francis and we didn't!

still...

GO LAKER...

CHEERLEADERS!
Old 02-22-2006, 02:40 PM
TOM JONES

GO CLIPPERS, the best TEAM in la.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:59 PM
JPsZ

i don't think the lakers would like to pay what is owed on francis' contract.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Bertg

Been a Laker fan since the Showtime Lakers... Go Lakers!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 03:16 PM
nickgundara

I really think we should make a good trade while we can. I cant believe we missed out on Artest and Francis. Anyone know who else might currently be available?
Old 02-22-2006, 03:22 PM
JisNis

Originally Posted by Sundeviljay
i can't believe we didn't pick up stevie franchise! yeah he is a whiny little bastard but did you see who the knicks gave up!!! the rotting away Hardaway and Ariza...we could have got Francis and we didn't!

still...

GO LAKER...

CHEERLEADERS!
They didnt give up much but they took on a huge salary. I really think we need to trade someone before the trade deadline. Maybe the expiring contracts of Devean and Slava. We probably should go after K-mart. He has that tenacity. Although hes been hurt of late. I know that the lakers are trying to keep under the salary cap until 2007. Whats the chances of the Lakers getting Chris Bosch or KG. And Aarron mckie...what a joke he was.

Last edited by JisNis; 02-22-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:45 PM
bsp
Sponsor
Brainstorm Performance

lurch, i think i'd agree with you on most everything.

MR. OK: I understand what you're saying about Kobe...in all reality he IS trying to make plays and pass the ball around and get other people stats...however if they fail to perform when he opens things up for them time and time again then he really has no choice but to start shooting the ball. I wish our team stats were a lot better...I'd love to see the other guys doing better...but they just aren't performing consistently and that's what's killing us.

In Kobe's defense, he doesn't have anyone remotely close to Scottie Pippen's caliber. The Bulls had an excellent squad back then.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:57 PM
FairladyZX

I'm still having nightmares about the worst trade by Lakers giving away Shaq for 3 stooges from the Heat.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:58 PM
bsp
Sponsor
Brainstorm Performance

Francis I would have welcomed....I definitely would not have welcomed Artest. I give credit where credit is due, he's a good ball player...but that guy is way too unpredictable.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:00 PM
bsp
Sponsor
Brainstorm Performance

Originally Posted by FairladyZX
I'm still having nightmares about the worst trade by Lakers giving away Shaq for 3 stooges from the Heat.
I think Odom was worth it. Shaq's getting old IMO...

Quick Reply: Official Laker thread