Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Official Laker thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 08:35 AM
bsp
Sponsor
Brainstorm Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately I missed the game yesterday. By the time I got back from the shop I had to catch the rest of the Bruin game. I was happy yesterday though. Lakers get a W, Bruins get the W to move on to the Pac-10 Finals today, and my World Baseball Classic Teams are owning in both of their pools.

The Laker stats looked good for yesterdays game though. What's funny is that we won with only 29 from Kobe
Old 03-11-2006, 08:41 AM
Navygolf13

You would win more if Kobe ahred the ball more and didn't try to win every game himself. No one else does well consistantly because if they start off bad he doesn't give them a chance to find their groove.
I was thinking though, to help your team out the most, I think you need a pure shooter so Kobe can drive and dish out to them. If you had that and, here's the biggest part of this, Kobe actually passed to him, your team would be pretty good. I would think probably 4 or 5 seed in the west.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:39 AM
JisNis

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
You would win more if Kobe ahred the ball more and didn't try to win every game himself. No one else does well consistantly because if they start off bad he doesn't give them a chance to find their groove.
I was thinking though, to help your team out the most, I think you need a pure shooter so Kobe can drive and dish out to them. If you had that and, here's the biggest part of this, Kobe actually passed to him, your team would be pretty good. I would think probably 4 or 5 seed in the west.
If you watch most of the games Kobe trys that for the most part. But when his teamates cant make their shots Kobe has to try and score. Because u can only dish the ball so much before your team starts to fall behind. But I get what your saying. During the first championship they had Glen Rice, I was shocked they didnt resign him though, the rest of the championships they had a combo of Foxie/Horry/Shaw/Fisher. Now the lakers have to rely on Cook/Sasha/Parker. At least the Lakers have shown they are capable of beating the elite teams in the NBA. I hope the MAVs finish number one in the west. The Lakers play alot better against them.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:46 AM
bsp
Sponsor
Brainstorm Performance

We have always had very capable shooters. The other players just weren't stepping their game up until now. Smush would be great for this position, Brian Cook can knock down jumpers, Lamar can knock them down too. I'm happy with Odom. He's been consistent with finishin plays whether they're initiated by Kobe or not.

We just need to continue to develop Smush and Brian Cook. Sasha can be a scoring threat too, but he's still young.

Brian Cook, Luke Walton, Smush Parker, and Sasha are all still young players. As their game develops I'm sure scoring will be more spread out.

For now though I am happy with what Kobe is doing and with what Lamar Odom is doing. It'd be nice to see what Mihm can do, but I'm willing to give him more time because of the whole shoulder thing.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:50 AM
JisNis

One of the big surprise for me is KWAME....I wasnt to much of a fan of Kwame but this season hes pruven that he can guard the low post. He pretty much shut down Duncan on his own.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:33 AM
gimpster621

i think damon jones woulda been perfect in this lineup.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:28 PM
lurch

If only kwame has an offensive game he would be crazy.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:43 AM
bsp
Sponsor
Brainstorm Performance

Well, three games left in the season my fellow fans. Congrats to Lamar for the triple double last night. The Kings lost putting them at .519 and keeping us in the playoffs with our last two wins.

Friday Portland comes to Staples. Although they're the last team in the Western Conference, they've managed to beat us two out of the three times we've played them this season. Obviously we can't let it happen again this Friday. We really want to close the regular season on W's.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:02 AM
dmanraider

My heart stopped beating when Kobe fell and hurt his ankle/leg!!! But I was happy he got up and was ok.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:49 AM
bsp
Sponsor
Brainstorm Performance

Originally Posted by dmanraider
My heart stopped beating when Kobe fell and hurt his ankle/leg!!! But I was happy he got up and was ok.
Mine too! I was sooo scared! What a relief though...phew
Old 04-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Bertg

Go Lakers!!
Old 04-13-2006, 02:53 PM
pitz73

does anyone know why the lakers dont have the tie braker against the kings? i thought the lakers won more games vs the kings?
Old 04-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Bertg

I think it's because the Kings have better record in the Pacific Division (10-6), while Lakers are (8-7).
Old 04-15-2006, 08:44 AM
bsp
Sponsor
Brainstorm Performance

What a game last night, 50 for Kobe, another triple-double for Lamar, Kwame played strong too. We've got excellent momentum, if we keep it up I think we can go into the playoffs pretty strong.

I've been meaning to ask this, but who do you all think deserves MVP the most? I'm biased so of course I'll say Kobe, but I wouldn't feel like Kobe got robbed if Lebron got it. He's really had a good season. What do you guys think?
Old 04-15-2006, 09:34 AM
gimpster621

i want kobe to win it but you can argue that Nash did more for the suns than he did last year.......so i think he can repeat. lose joe johnson, Q rich, amare replace with raja bell, boris diaw, and tim thomas....they didnt miss a beat
Old 04-15-2006, 02:57 PM
bsp
Sponsor
Brainstorm Performance

Originally Posted by gimpster621
i want kobe to win it but you can argue that Nash did more for the suns than he did last year.......so i think he can repeat. lose joe johnson, Q rich, amare replace with raja bell, boris diaw, and tim thomas....they didnt miss a beat
Steve Nash is an excellent player indeed. My only argument though is that although Steve Nash did a lot for the Suns, he still has teammates that were much more consistent throughout the regular season than Kobe had. Kobe pretty much had to carry the Lakers on his back.

I don't think I'd be upset if they gave it to Nash though, maybe a little disappointed. I would imagine Lebron or Dirk Nowitzki would get it before Nash though...but I could be wrong.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:23 PM
JisNis

Originally Posted by bsp
Steve Nash is an excellent player indeed. My only argument though is that although Steve Nash did a lot for the Suns, he still has teammates that were much more consistent throughout the regular season than Kobe had. Kobe pretty much had to carry the Lakers on his back.
What you said sums it up. But I think they will take into consider how Nash made his teamates better. Think about it guys like Raja Bell, Diaw, and Eddie House are having a great year. I too am bias and want KOBE to win but I think it will be Nash again.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:17 PM
SponGer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice W tonight!
Old 04-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mvp! Mvp! Mvp!
Old 04-20-2006, 01:29 PM
bsp
Sponsor
Brainstorm Performance

Originally Posted by JisNis
What you said sums it up. But I think they will take into consider how Nash made his teamates better. Think about it guys like Raja Bell, Diaw, and Eddie House are having a great year. I too am bias and want KOBE to win but I think it will be Nash again.
Don't forget Shawn Marion...that guy is a big contributor for Phoenix.

Quick Reply: Official Laker thread