Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

hit and run...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 12:20 AM
deviljon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hit and run...

my car got hit and run over in rowland heights at a drinking place called Good Times tonight...

the damage (on the passenger door) isn't too bad, but fairly visible, which bothers me... so i spoke to the owner of the place and he's going to watch the surveillance camera and give me a call tomorrow, hopefully w/ the lic. plate #... anyway, my question is, what can i possibly do w/ the car's license plate #'s? if i report it as a hit and run, will i be able to get anything out of it?
Old 03-05-2006, 12:26 AM
jdm_Z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did I read this correctly? "GOT RUN OVER"????? wow, it must have been one of those red neck raised suspension f-150's or something. If you can catch the license plate number then you take it to the cops. They will serve justice and get your insurance company involved and give them the license plate number as well. Just hope the person who hit you has insurance...
Old 03-05-2006, 12:47 AM
onebadfyvo

The license plate number is good to have in a Hit & Run, but it won't do much good if you can't ID the driver. Even if the local police try to do follow-up, the responsible can just say, "I let my friend drive it" which is hard to disprove. The police will ask, "What's your friend's name?" and the ****er will say, "I only know him by his first name, and I don't know where he lives". Happens all the time. Kinda sucks, because depending on your deductable, it may not be worth it for you report to your insurance.

I feel for you , Bro. Hopefully you get your justice. Take care.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:00 AM
FairladyZX

Rowland Hts. is ghetto now...my Z got sratched and kicked on the door in 2 different occasions.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:17 AM
deviljon

i dont mean ran over, i meant got hit and run....... over in the city of rowland... i went outside to get a pack of cigarettes and saw a thick band of white paint along the door... the damage just seems to be minor dings, but it is annoying none the less... if i can get the license plate i will report it anyway. as for the insurance part, im not sure what i plan on doing yet...
Old 03-05-2006, 07:51 AM
jdm_Z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man people are as.sholes these days, can't even stop to even say sorry least the bit. I hope all these hit and runners get the carma coming back to them they deserve. I also got a small ding by someone who ran as well. Those shi.tty pants bastar.ds
Old 03-05-2006, 12:14 PM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

there was a lady that hit this car parked 2 cars over from me inside the life plaza parking (anyone who knows life plaza knows the asians in that parking lot cant park for crap there)and like i didnt see but i heard and i jumped out of the car and looked and she backs up in the quickness to try and drive away but these 4 guys ran over and chased her down but she said she didnt do anything and i honestly didnt see. i said i heard and she was like...well u heard wrong! so she got away with it because the 4 guys only heard too. the car she hit was kinda banged up already too and i couldnt really tell where she hit the car too. :shrugs:

shows how horrible drivers are these days
Old 03-05-2006, 12:25 PM
onebadfyvo

It doesn't take any skill to be a driver nowadays. In all honesty, all the gizmos like TCS, VDC, SOUND DEADENING, AUTOMATIC THIS AND AUTOMATIC THAT, and WTF do you have to have AUTOMATIC WIPERS (Lexus) for god's sake!!?? All that takes the common sense out of the equation in driving.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Roger V

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by groovin_350z
there was a lady that hit this car parked 2 cars over from me inside the life plaza parking (anyone who knows life plaza knows the asians in that parking lot cant park for crap there)and like i didnt see but i heard and i jumped out of the car and looked and she backs up in the quickness to try and drive away but these 4 guys ran over and chased her down but she said she didnt do anything and i honestly didnt see. i said i heard and she was like...well u heard wrong! so she got away with it because the 4 guys only heard too. the car she hit was kinda banged up already too and i couldnt really tell where she hit the car too. :shrugs:

shows how horrible drivers are these days

Life might have some of Southern California's worst parkers.