Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Latigo Canyon - PCH - Neptune's Net Run

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 08:33 PM
zman23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now for us OC Z's, are we meeting up some place, cause I know that I've never been up that way let alone been up to Latigo Cyn. I thought I saw an earlier thread were someone was talking about do this?? By the way, I'm still in, just hope this damn rain stops!!!
Old 03-16-2003, 08:34 PM
ganz

Add me as a tentative (60%) for now.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:37 PM
MastaKillaZ

holy shnike's... the meet is on Sunday? I thought it was on Saturday... woohoo, that means I can most likely go... I say most likely cause sh*t happens...

dczoner, the MB Quarts are pretty sweet IMHO. I have the DSD's installed... was going to go with the R or Q series which sounded unbelievable in the shop, but got a really good deal on the DSD's and still need to pay for other add-on's (like rims and tires) so figured I'd save some $$ on the speakers. For me, and I'm NOT, I repeat NOT, an audiophile so take this with a grain of salt, they more than do the job. My sony WX-7700 HU allows me to adjust the front, rear and sub output by dB and khz (or was it mhz) or whatever, so I'm not really suffering from the over brightness that most people complain about from the DSD's, even with the tweeters in the stock position... the HU's 7band EQ, POS and DSO functions really come in handy when I switch types of music (i.e. from trance to jazz or from rap to classical)... also have a 2 channel fosgate amp powering my 10" xplod sub in the stock bracket.

like I said, I'm not an expert and have probably gone tone deaf after all the years of blasting music, but the setup for me is perfect. I know it's not the top of the line and it's probably not the best sound, but considerting the fact that I got to keep the stock appearance (except for the HU), still have the same amount of trunk space and saved some $$$ for other things, I'm pretty happy. of course, someone could always go with better speakers (Bostons, JL, MB Q's, Diamonds, Focals, etc.), a custom sub enclosure (since behind the driver's seat really isn't the best place to put a sub) and a different HU, but for this 350z'r, $$$ was a consideration.

all in all, HU, Sub, Speakers, Amp and Install ran me about $1200. Not bad considering the HU and FM converter cost $650 of it.

hopefully my new viper xv790 will be enough to keep these little toys safe and sound.

next time, hopefully, will have my AEM CAI installed, SSR GT1's with S03's popped on, LED side markers hooked up and a Ings+1 rear trunk spoiler thrown on as well. *whew* then maybe I'll be done.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:04 AM
iris

Originally posted by hfm
Confirmed. Come on Iris, use your girl skillz and get more of the Z gals to show. [/B]
just to let you know, I've tried! PM'd grayfox and butterfly20 - they haven't responded yet though.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:35 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by kaiser23
mmmaybe.

I haven't done the other part of the run getting TO latigo before, but I've done latigo 3 or 4 times now. I usually just take PCH to latigo canyon, and I drive it out, and back, and then take pch back home. (I live in Marina del Rey) Maybe I'll just go scope out the entire run on saturday instead of just doing latigo.
Cool, PCH up Topanga Canyon road is the easiest way to get to our meet location. From there it's freeway to Kanan Road if I'm not mistaken. If you do a pre-run, it will be nice to have someone steer us the right way.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:45 AM
hfm

Originally posted by zman23
Now for us OC Z's, are we meeting up some place, cause I know that I've never been up that way let alone been up to Latigo Cyn. I thought I saw an earlier thread were someone was talking about do this?? By the way, I'm still in, just hope this damn rain stops!!!
Will be nice to see you OCers again. Not supposed to rain on Sunday.

Originally posted by ganz
Add me as a tentative (60%) for now.
Alright!

Originally posted by MastaKillaZ
... the meet is on Sunday? I thought it was on Saturday... woohoo, that means I can most likely go
You were thinking of missing our meet?

Originally posted by iris
just to let you know, I've tried! PM'd grayfox and butterfly20 - they haven't responded yet though.
Dang, what's with these gals? I hope they're not 400 lbs men that pose as girls while sitting nude infront of their keyboard.

Come on ladies, let's get you out to meet the rest of the So. Cal. Z crew. Say, wasn't there a few girls out from Inglewood or Culver City too? Thanks for PMing the ladies. Maybe we need some young studs like Bullish, Masta or DCZoner to convince them to show.

Last edited by hfm; 03-17-2003 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-17-2003, 11:09 AM
Grey Matter

Default Map

Here are some map pictures of Latigo. It is one fun road
Attached Thumbnails Latigo Canyon - PCH - Neptune's Net Run-latigo.gif  
Old 03-17-2003, 11:11 AM
Grey Matter

Heres an aerial view.
Attached Thumbnails Latigo Canyon - PCH - Neptune's Net Run-latigo-usgs-map5.jpg  
Old 03-17-2003, 11:15 AM
kaiser23

My buddy with the IS300 has confirmed, he'll be attending. Still trying to get an answer out of my roomate with the NSX.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:14 PM
dczoner

Originally posted by hfm
Maybe we need some young studs like Bullish, Masta or DCZoner to convince them to show.
Sup Girl! You wanna ride in my 350z? Oh ****, you've got one?!? Oh damn. There goes all my game!
Old 03-17-2003, 12:19 PM
iris

LMAO! I personally love it when guys see me get out of the Z and say, Is that YOUR car?
Old 03-17-2003, 01:35 PM
nwind21

Default map musings

Is this the latigo run we're talking about? I'm still trying to figure out the whole trip thing.
Attached Thumbnails Latigo Canyon - PCH - Neptune's Net Run-latigo_canyon_run.gif  
Old 03-17-2003, 01:49 PM
kaiser23

Not quite nwind. That's how I normally do it, but latigo doesn't go in and loop around like that. Latigo canyon road ends when it hits kanan road. Usually I just turn around, and take latigo canyon back to PCH and go home. We're starting in woodland hills. Taking 101 to Kanan road, Kanan to Latigo Canyon, and Latigo Canyon to PCH up to Neptune's Net.
Old 03-17-2003, 01:57 PM
hfm

Not quite nwind. That's how I normally do it, but latigo doesn't go in and loop around like that. Latigo canyon road ends when it hits kanan road. Usually I just turn around, and take latigo canyon back to PCH and go home. We're starting in woodland hills. Taking 101 to Kanan road, Kanan to Latigo Canyon, and Latigo Canyon to PCH up to Neptune's Net.
Yeah, what he said.

The only thing we haven't decided upon is what we're going to do after Neptune's Net. Open to suggestions folks.
Old 03-17-2003, 03:50 PM
nwind21

Oh I see. Awesome. I'll figure out if I'll be going soon.

Thanks.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:11 PM
Aloharacing

I just realized how many people are set to attend this event.

That being said, I think it's best that we divide up into two groups. Hopefully, there will be someone in addition to Kaiser that can lead. With a group of 16-20 cars, it's too hard to keep together. Traffic lights and other cars will break us up, guaranteed.

We'll all have more fun in two smaller groups, where we won't have to wait for people to catch up, etc.

Ideas? Input?
Old 03-17-2003, 06:17 PM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmm...after looking at that map, i think i may have ran that canyon before.

friend of mine took me.....we went on 101N, exited westlake (i think), then ran some canyon roads down to pch.....lots of twisties and tight turns (mostly used 2nd and 3rd gear). not sure if its latigo canyon tho. anyways, hopefully i can make it for sure on sunday
Old 03-17-2003, 06:21 PM
iris

i think aloha's idea makes sense, altho i also like the idea of seeing 15 z's in a row winding down the canyon.

at any rate, people REMEMBER to bring your FRS's (?). Your walkie talkies. You can get them for $10-20 at target or walmart. I'll bring my extra one.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:37 PM
kaiser23

Originally posted by iris
i think aloha's idea makes sense, altho i also like the idea of seeing 15 z's in a row winding down the canyon.

at any rate, people REMEMBER to bring your FRS's (?). Your walkie talkies. You can get them for $10-20 at target or walmart. I'll bring my extra one.
Is there any specific kind you need? My roomate has some radios, but I don't know if they are the right kind, and will work with everyone else's.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:22 PM
Butterfly20

Hey Iris I did get your PM I just have not had time to respond. Anyway I wish I would have looked at my work schedule today I don't exactly know what sunday will be like. I'm down to go, it sounds like fun. What time will it be starting?

It does seem like a good idea to have two groups. Maybe we can have the girls in the same group. I personally have never been on a run like this and it sounds a little intimidating.

Quick Reply: Latigo Canyon - PCH - Neptune's Net Run