Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

body shop recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 01:05 PM
whoaishjustin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default body shop recommendations

just got in a small accident yesterday, need to replace right side fenders, passenger mirror, door an front rightside wheel. Anyone know a good body shop in the san diego area?
Old 07-29-2006, 05:43 PM
danny8ng

Try Sinful Enhancements in Lemon Grove, my Z is currently having a "make-over". Their contact number is (619) 466-0800, ask for Sinh or Hanh and tell them you're referred by Danny.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:00 PM
playa6tnine

Originally Posted by whoaishjustin
just got in a small accident yesterday, need to replace right side fenders, passenger mirror, door an front rightside wheel. Anyone know a good body shop in the san diego area?
small??

sounds kinda big to me. that sucks man.

what happened?
Old 07-30-2006, 10:05 AM
whoaishjustin

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/206821-hit-and-run.html

so they order the parts neede for the car and thats about a 1 week wait? then assembling everything takes another 2 weeks?
Old 07-30-2006, 11:48 PM
whoaishjustin

anyone.? i wanttt myyy carrrr bacckkkkkkkkkkkkkk i just ordered smoked out overlays for my headlights and grilles because i ahve a base 06'
Old 07-31-2006, 12:42 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sid's autobody in El Cajon. Tell Beth John sent you
Old 07-31-2006, 09:01 AM
KanGuru

If you want to make a drive up to El Monte there is a shop there called M1 Autobody .. great service and really kick back ..

11662 Ramona Blvd
El Monte, CA 91732

(626)575-4835

Ask for Alex and tell him Phillip sent you .. he should take really good care of you ..
Old 08-02-2006, 07:40 PM
spf4000

Sorry, but I have to chime in. M1 is not a good body shop. If you are **** about your paint, that's a horrible place to take your car to. Listening to recommendations on this site, I took mine to M1 when I got in a minor fender bender. They blended my paint, but it looked absolutely horrible when I first got it back. I made them repaint it again, and it looks okay, but I can still see the differences depending on the light, and there are numerous dust particles and flaws that you can see upon closer inspection.

Even worse, when they painted it the second time around, they didn't mask off panels well enough, so I now have overspray on various nooks and crannies.

They also broke one of the screws attaching the bottom panels but didn't tell me about it. I only found out about the problem when I was working on my car.

They are horrible. Stay clear of them if you care about your car.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by spf4000
Sorry, but I have to chime in. M1 is not a good body shop. If you are **** about your paint, that's a horrible place to take your car to. Listening to recommendations on this site, I took mine to M1 when I got in a minor fender bender. They blended my paint, but it looked absolutely horrible when I first got it back. I made them repaint it again, and it looks okay, but I can still see the differences depending on the light, and there are numerous dust particles and flaws that you can see upon closer inspection.

Even worse, when they painted it the second time around, they didn't mask off panels well enough, so I now have overspray on various nooks and crannies.

They also broke one of the screws attaching the bottom panels but didn't tell me about it. I only found out about the problem when I was working on my car.

They are horrible. Stay clear of them if you care about your car.
Im sorry to hear about your experience there. I refer all of our customers to M1 and they have all been happy. There has been a few cases that had to be dealt with accordingly but it always ended up with our customers being happy. I myself take my car there and have been happy with them. Ive worked in a body shop for 2 years and I can recognize good work and they definitely do good work. I think M1 is in a transitional period right now with them opening up another body shop called DTM Autohaus. If you talk to the GM(Dave) there before you go, tell him you are from the boards or mention my name, Im sure he will take extra effort to make sure your car will be done properly. If anyone has any issues with M1, I can speak directly to them to address any issues, just shoot me a PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:52 AM
SnoDog

I just got my Z back from 16 Customs in Gardena. They did an awesome job on my Nismo replica kit. They're pretty expensive, but their quality is worth it.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:02 AM
vkzawa

Haha. ^^^ Was that your Z. Nice. Mine was the Daytona Blue Z in the back. I've got a full body kit going on after some minor repair from an accident.

Actually I am picking it up today after 4pm.

I went and saw my Z. Hiro does awesome work. My Z will only go to this shop from now on for body/paint work. They do some top notch stuff.

P.S.: If anyone is searching for them online on google local or something, they are Sixteen Customs (not 16). Thats the mistake I made when I was looking for their address.

(310)715-1810 ask for Hiro. Tell him Vince with the blue Z sent you, he will know who I am, my car has been there for a over a month.

Last edited by vkzawa; 09-20-2006 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:51 PM
SnoDog

Originally Posted by vkzawa
Haha. ^^^ Was that your Z. Nice. Mine was the Daytona Blue Z in the back. I've got a full body kit going on after some minor repair from an accident.

Actually I am picking it up today after 4pm.

I went and saw my Z. Hiro does awesome work. My Z will only go to this shop from now on for body/paint work. They do some top notch stuff.

P.S.: If anyone is searching for them online on google local or something, they are Sixteen Customs (not 16). Thats the mistake I made when I was looking for their address.

(310)715-1810 ask for Hiro. Tell him Vince with the blue Z sent you, he will know who I am, my car has been there for a over a month.
I think I saw a blue Z there when I picked mine up. I picked my car up on Monday. Did you see the grey Ford GT they're working on?

+1 for Hiro and his awesome work. I will also only go to him from now on for paint/body work. He's a very trustworthy guy that you know will take care of your car. If anybody needs to get work done, just call Hiro and tell him Steve with the white Nismo Z referred you. He'll take care of you.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus
Premier Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Body shops are not perfect. It is the nature of the business unfortunately. Thumbs up to M1 Autobody
Old 09-20-2006, 01:45 PM
spf4000

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
Body shops are not perfect. It is the nature of the business unfortunately. Thumbs up to M1 Autobody
That's a really poor excuse. Definitely a big thumbs down on M1 for their half-arsed attempt at fixing my Z. If it weren't for them, I'd still have my car, but it just wasn't the same after they where through "fixing" it.

I actually went to get an estimate from Sixteen Customs, but I went with the recommendations of people on this site to go with M1. That was a huge mistake. I definately should have gone with Sixteen.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus
Premier Member

That's a really poor excuse. Definitely a big thumbs down on M1 for their half-arsed attempt at fixing my Z. If it weren't for them, I'd still have my car, but it just wasn't the same after they where through "fixing" it.

I actually went to get an estimate from Sixteen Customs, but I went with the recommendations of people on this site to go with M1. That was a huge mistake. I definately should have gone with Sixteen.
It's not an excuse for whatever bad experience you had there, but it is a reality when it comes to bodyshops. None are perfect and I am willing to bet $1,000,000 that every body shop has someone bad mouthing them. It is the nature of the business like i said that we all have to deal with unfortunately
Old 09-20-2006, 01:58 PM
buffmanjeff

It's not an excuse for whatever bad experience you had there, but it is a reality when it comes to bodyshops. None are perfect and I am willing to bet $1,000,000 that every body shop has someone bad mouthing them. It is the nature of the business like i said that we all have to deal with unfortunately
I disagree, its one thing to ***** up their work, its another thing to ***** up their work and then make every excuse in the book as to why they can't fix it (color matching issues, clear coat drips, bumper lined up improperly). I've talk to many people time and time again, and it seems to be consistent with M1. They just dont stand behind their work.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus
Premier Member

Originally Posted by buffmanjeff
I disagree, its one thing to ***** up their work, its another thing to ***** up their work and then make every excuse in the book as to why they can't fix it (color matching issues, clear coat drips, bumper lined up improperly). I've talk to many people time and time again, and it seems to be consistent with M1. They just dont stand behind their work.
You are correct in the level of customer service one receives after the mishaps occur. However, I was not referring to that but just the nature of the business as body shops are never perfect. I've always been treated well as well as the people that I refer to them so I still vouch for them as of now. I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune

Last edited by Rickdogg; 09-20-2006 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pleased with M1 for the most part. they painted my front bumper perfectly. rear had a slightly different shade, but still satisfactory. gotta repaint my front and thinking of going back to M1.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:38 PM
spf4000

You are correct in the level of customer service one receives after the mishaps occur. However, I was not referring to that but just the nature of the business as body shops are never perfect. I've always been treated well as well as the people that I refer to them so I still vouch for them as of now. I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune
While I agree that body shops are never perfect, I was really unhappy by their way of dealing with my problems. First, the paint didn't match at all. It was easy to tell that the panels were repainted. The color, as well as the texture was way off.

Then, when I brought it back to them, the way they repainted it clearly showed me that they didn't give a crap. There was overspray everywhere, and I had to replace the fender liner, as well as the door molding to get it back to an acceptable level. The more I had the car, the more problems I found like broken bolts, incorrect bolts, missing bolts, clips, misaligned seams, bad welding, scratches, etc. At that point, I didn't want them going near the car again.

I just want people on this forum to know that M1 is not that great of a body shop. I don't want others to experience what I went through just because they listened to those on this forum who raved about M1's quality.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus
Premier Member

While I agree that body shops are never perfect, I was really unhappy by their way of dealing with my problems. First, the paint didn't match at all. It was easy to tell that the panels were repainted. The color, as well as the texture was way off.

Then, when I brought it back to them, the way they repainted it clearly showed me that they didn't give a crap. There was overspray everywhere, and I had to replace the fender liner, as well as the door molding to get it back to an acceptable level. The more I had the car, the more problems I found like broken bolts, incorrect bolts, missing bolts, clips, misaligned seams, bad welding, scratches, etc. At that point, I didn't want them going near the car again.

I just want people on this forum to know that M1 is not that great of a body shop. I don't want others to experience what I went through just because they listened to those on this forum who raved about M1's quality.
That sucks man. I am sorry to hear about that. In your instance I would feel the same way.

Quick Reply: body shop recommendations