Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

korean bbq meet!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 02:24 PM
gimpster621

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default korean bbq meet!

andy is going to start a new thread with an exact date

Last edited by gimpster621; 09-28-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Blue_Z

sounds good, will have to get back to you
Old 09-27-2006, 09:22 PM
El Guy

Dude let me know I am in. Love the stuff.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:26 PM
ghost31711

i know a great place in k-town right off of western, its right by the mall, and has a yellow sign....

its an all you can eat place so it'll be easy to figure out the tab....
Old 09-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how about this saturday?
Old 09-28-2006, 02:50 PM
stiv

I'd also like to go but I'm a little concerned about the parking situation (many of those Koreatown places are mandatory valet and I've seen those guys treat $75,000 Mercedes and Bimmers like crap. For example; flooring it in reverse and throwing keychains on hoods and trunks; no regard at all. And then they expect a tip.).

The other issue is LA cops. They like to cite for tickey-tack stuff like tinted windows and no plate. And they have no qualms about doing it when your car's parked.

And on a side note: stay away from those small alleys between some of the strip malls over there. Two of my friends were attacked by Korean Jindo guard dogs when they were just passing through. Those things are small but ferocious. They're not afraid of pit bulls and I don't even think that they're domesticated.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:26 PM
flynbrin

Originally Posted by stiv
I'd also like to go but I'm a little concerned about the parking situation (many of those Koreatown places are mandatory valet and I've seen those guys treat $75,000 Mercedes and Bimmers like crap. For example; flooring it in reverse and throwing keychains on hoods and trunks; no regard at all. And then they expect a tip.).

The other issue is LA cops. They like to cite for tickey-tack stuff like tinted windows and no plate. And they have no qualms about doing it when your car's parked.

And on a side note: stay away from those small alleys between some of the strip malls over there. Two of my friends were attacked by Korean Jindo guard dogs when they were just passing through. Those things are small but ferocious. They're not afraid of pit bulls and I don't even think that they're domesticated.
jeez, talk about wrong place at the worng time
Old 09-28-2006, 03:44 PM
slowxturtle

Originally Posted by ghost31711
i know a great place in k-town right off of western, its right by the mall, and has a yellow sign....

its an all you can eat place so it'll be easy to figure out the tab....
I belive you're talking about Manna. It's about $15 a person + tip and drinks.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Cannysage

Originally Posted by stiv

talk about being paranoid.. I guess you should stay home, then, while rest of us chow down on some tasty grubs...
Old 09-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Cannysage

I think I'm gonna be there this Saturday, regardless of a meet. Prolly around 7:30pm.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:13 PM
stiv

talk about being paranoid.. I guess you should stay home

LOL!!!!!

I literally almost fell out of my chair laughing... Thanks for the hearty belly chortle. Really.

No, I just call it like I see it.

Don't get me wrong. I like to going out to LA (I lived there for more than 10 years) but at the same time, I'm not afraid of the truth.

I don't like getting trivial tickets and I don't like getting bitten by mini Akitas with super sharp teeth. I'm a Koreatown veteran from way back-in-the-day and from what I've seen and know, I'll never trust those (Koreatown) valet parkers; they simply don't give a damn about anyones' car (regardless of the MSRP).

Isn't this board all about sharing factual and benefitial information with fellow car lovers? I was merely looking out for you guys and giving a 'heads-up' based on my many years of hanging-out/living in LA, that's all.

If I do make it out, it'll be in my daily driver (conservative, nondescript 4 door sedan with a front plate).

Please relax.

Peace and have a mellow weekend everyone.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

I think this may be a little short notice guys. I will make a new thread with a tentative date so it gives people more notice.